Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

spookwoman wrote: »
    Scotch Video Tapes - re record not fade away
    Foster beer

Cornetto - Just One Cornetto

Cheers pal, thats the ear worm ill hear all night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That easolief ad, where did they dig up those actors?

It's like a scene from a really bad soap opera with suitably wooden acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Truly horrific. Someone out there came up with this and actually thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Vogue's repackaged her aul' Fairy advert for her new sprog, a girl.

Not bothered to learn the cherub's name.

Not gonna buy the Fairy liquitabs either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭thesandeman

spookwoman wrote: »
    Scotch Video Tapes - re record not fade away
    Foster beer

Cornetto - Just One Cornetto

Because the lady loves Milk Tray.

Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not gonna buy the Fairy liquitabs either...
    After her flouting lockdown rules any company using her to advertise for them is incredibly foolish...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9095307/amp/Vogue-Williams-FLOUTS-Tier-4-rules-spotted-St-Barts-son-Theodore.html

After her flouting lockdown rules any company using her to advertise for them is incredibly foolish...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9095307/amp/Vogue-Williams-FLOUTS-Tier-4-rules-spotted-St-Barts-son-Theodore.html

Tbh, listing the crap Vogue has done, that nobody calls her out on, would be a very long list.

She's a genuinely horrible individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I'm reliably informed by the wife that it's Gigi, Zsee-Zsee or something like that - pronounced in a way that just screams notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Truly horrific. Someone out there came up with this and actually thought it was funny.

Dont think that's still running thankfully. Always felt like punching that gobshyte with the glasses every time it came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Radio5

I suppose the Permanent TSB ad has been mentioned here before? The one with the slightly stalkerish looking bank official?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

"it's a chip.."
    "It's a trick of the light"
    "It's a trick of your mind"
    ""ITS A CHEAPP!"

Shudders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

There’s one I think it’s for Laya healthcare that I can’t stand. It has the tag line “what will Niamh switch next” It has a very smug looking woman switching things around in her life. Then staring smugly at her husband (who looks afraid of her) because he’s dared to put a teabag in the sink. So stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

AIB "Backing Brave" (sic.), a skipping Clannad record and inspirational spoken shyte.

There’s one I think it’s for Laya healthcare that I can’t stand. It has the tag line “what will Niamh switch next” It has a very smug looking woman switching things around in her life. Then staring smugly at her husband (who looks afraid of her) because he’s dared to put a teabag in the sink. So stupid.

The stupid man trope is so hot right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The Paralief Duo ad, chemist explaining to the curious, over hand-gestury florist (of all things) shop neighbour what it does /is /superpower-boosting effects it has.

I see you've got new flowers in the window there. Tell me, Grainne, as a chemist I've always wanted to know what gives tulips their distinctive shape.
    (florist explains)
    Thanks, Grainne, I'll bear that in mind next time. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

It is what it's.

You think a cow is defined by one gender but it's an udder.

Load of bullocks.

It is what it's.

Tim76 wrote: »
    The stupid man trope is so hot right now.

These things come in circles. Remember the 'It's not for Girl's' Yorkie adverts?

That's from 2002.

depaor01 wrote: »
    That Vodafone ad where yer wan is doing her family tree. Suddenly cracks appear in the wall of her living room. The only solution as we all know when your house is falling down round your ears is to schlep up into the attic to blow dust off a book.
    How much did that turd cost?

That noise creeps me out. It's like something out of stranger things.

It is what it's.

These things come in circles. Remember the 'It's not for Girl's' Yorkie adverts?

That's from 2002.

They were more innocent times.

• Advertisement

Tim76 wrote: »
    They were more innocent times.

Yeah, but it's more pointing out how 'sexism' is sort of cyclical-one minute it's the women, the next it's the men...

They go with what they 'think' they can get away with....

When there's pushback, they do a 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The director's cut, where she goes for a colonic and has a hose shoved up her rectum as water is sprayed through it, and we see all the vegan food washed out of her colon probably wasn't as popular regarding keeping her bum healthy.

Probably explains why they went with the toothpaste angle instead.

Yes, I hate this add...

However the actress Lorna Nickson Brown does some good work with Thyroid Cancer awareness after she found a lump on her neck and found out she had Thyroid cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fairy and their stupid tough baby character
    Ever since i was a little kid, fairy for me was associated with softness and gentle touch, bubbles bouncing off fresh snuggly towels and giggly babies chuffed to bits with their soft warm woolly blankets.

The new tough baby destroys that whole association and the whole image I always had of fairy. Now it's just another really annoying ad mascot, albeit one that might get shot selling drugs behind the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The 2002 ad is clearly about Trans-man and is make a simple statement All Men are Men. Simple as.

The itsforwomen .ie ads are getting slightly better but are still dreadful, the voice over of the current ad, a bizzare mid-Atlantic tone.

Any of the Sell it on Vinted ads with those twattytude voices.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

The buck toothed Billy Elliott wannabe Vodafone ad

Elmo wrote: »
    The 2002 ad is clearly about Trans-man and is make a simple statement All Men are Men. Simple as.

The itsforwomen .ie ads are getting slightly better but are still dreadful, the voice over of the current ad, a bizzare mid-Atlantic tone.

Plus I don't get the advert/ brand either... they can't exclude anyone based on gender, including men.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The new Lidl ladies football ad.

Such aggression from the narrator, you'd swear they were still 'excluded' from playing the game. Fact is, they are getting more air-time than ever before despite being an inferior product.

That sort of toxic feminism does far more harm than good for their 'cause'.

The new Lidl ladies football ad.

Such aggression from the narrator, you'd swear they were still 'excluded' from playing the game. Fact is, they are getting more air-time than ever before despite being an inferior product.

That sort of toxic feminism does far more harm than good for their 'cause'.

The pitch reminds me of that old joke that went around years back, showing a pitch built on an incline, with trees, overgrowth and worn patches of earth.

Then underneath was 'if the makers of the 'Bertie Hole' built the National stadium'.

I agree tho, it's completely ridiculous. Plus it's whining in the middle of a pandemic. Cannot stand whining when everyone's gone to crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭newmember2

Housebarrassment

Advertisement