Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"You'll never beat the Irish"

I'm feeling very tempted to beat the Irish twats who produced that sentimental, patronising schite with a very heavy, blunt object at length about the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "You'll never beat the Irish"

I'm feeling very tempted to beat the Irish twats who produced that sentimental, patronising schite with a very heavy, blunt object at length about the head.

Just saw this, a hackneyed inspirational poster in the form of an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 renticular

my3cents wrote: »
    Maybe its my TV but in some of the close ups her hair looks purple, sure sign of too much "black" hair dye.

Another borderline celebrity, anyone would imagine her Hair is about all she has
    to offer TV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The ad on Irish tv promoting what I think is internet safety and cyber-bullying awareness for kids.

"Talking and talking makes you stronger....."

The jingle is so annoying though. Reminds me of some Russian tune from the Cold War era.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The Aunt Viv one is starting to get on my tits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Some bloody awful cheap looking ad for insurance that I've seen a few times on ITV4 with a talking baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Some bloody awful cheap looking ad for insurance that I've seen a few times on ITV4 with a talking baby.

Yep. It always looks awful when they try and make a baby look like its talking. Emirates airlines made a balls of it too recently in one of their ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Tim76 wrote: »

Is it set in the past? The gear they do be wearing, her glasses, top and fur lined denim jacket. His denim cowboy shirt. Granted, I've only seen the one where the girl is told Aunt Viv will need the car. Is there more, is it a series of ads? Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s a chip, no it’s a trick of the mind, no it’s a chip :mad:

I’m sick of their ads and it’s a reason why I wouldn’t choose that company

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is it set in the past? The gear they do be wearing, her glasses, top and fur lined denim jacket. His denim cowboy shirt. Granted, I've only seen the one where the girl is told Aunt Viv will need the car. Is there more, is it a series of ads? Looks like it.
    Hard to say. Those huge 70's glasses are big with the youngsters atm, like the girl in the Flaghavans ad where they are touring the Factory and they can't see/hear anything.
    I must have a closer look at the car next time, that will tell the tale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to mute that ad.

Also can't stand any ad where words are pronounced with a d that isn't in the actual word. Community - comm uni dee, society socie - dee...
    Two ads that particularly grate on me, in that respect...the national loddery ads and bank of arrland ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I have to mute that ad.

Also can't stand any ad where words are pronounced with a d that isn't in the actual word. Community - comm uni dee, society socie - dee...
    Two ads that particularly grate on me, in that respect...the national loddery ads and bank of arrland ads.

That's a particular bugbear of mine. There's a YouTube music ad with an Irish actor doing the voice over. He says "youtoob". Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

theres a voiceover actor sounds a bit like nicky byrne, he does that an awful lot has a slight "40 major a day" gravel voice.

The Aunt Viv one looks very 1980s. the girls sounds like she has a half english accent when she say"aw a love aunt viv" like someone in corries st might say.

Also the "helllooo Budddaaay " that woman has a half english half dub accent , i find those very annoying accents. RTE John Kilrayne has one and Pascal Donohoe is a bit like that too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That new Lynx ad in "Manchester" where your time travels from 1995 to 2020, why does the school look like a generic American high school.

Also where's is the social distancing when he gets to 2020??????

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

That new Lynx ad in "Manchester" where your time travels from 1995 to 2020, why does the school look like a generic American high school.

Also where's is the social distancing when he gets to 2020??????

There'll be no social distancing when you're smellin' of Lynx Africa kid. You'll have to bate them off with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Acosta

Why must the first sentence in almost every ad featuring a real person have.a.full.stop.after.every.word?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any ad for quote devil.

I've never heard of anyone using them. They must spend millions on advertising each year, God knows how.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Any ad for quote devil.

I've never heard of anyone using them. They must spend millions on advertising each year, God knows how.

My brother was inquiring about insurance for his car and business with them. Compared them to 3 other insurance companies regarding price.

They were the most expensive, by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The new Tampax ad. Shove it!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9X0LpyXMnjg

"You gotta get them up there girls!"

They have some Mel B lookalike. This lady would have been far funnier.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I watched this ad more closely and the car seems modern enough. Maybe 10 years old at the most. So I think it's set today and the girl dresses hipster-like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Dickie10 wrote: »
    theres a voiceover actor sounds a bit like nicky byrne, he does that an awful lot has a slight "40 major a day" gravel voice

Is that yer man Emmett Kirwan, the actor who does all those voiceovers?

Is that yer man Emmett Kirwan, the actor who does all those voiceovers?

His voice is annoying, but I've seen him in interviews-and he's insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

His voice is annoying, but I've seen him in interviews-and he's insufferable.

He’s the definition of a cuck. Fawning over women, putting pussy on a pedestal like some turbo **** teenager. A ****in geebag (and I don’t even use that term)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My brother was inquiring about insurance for his car and business with them. Compared them to 3 other insurance companies regarding price.

They were the most expensive, by far.

Yeah god knows where they get all the money for advertising. Must be fleesing people.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Blaze420 wrote: »
    He’s the definition of a cuck. Fawning over women, putting pussy on a pedestal like some turbo **** teenager. A ****in geebag (and I don’t even use that term)

He's a word salad kinda douche.

He'll use words that show 'he owns a thesaurus'... but it's all to hide the complete crap he's spouting.

I hate 'word salad' people. They literally do it because they know they're talking absolute s***. If they used normal wording, their points would be refuted, easily.
    If Stephen Hawking didn't use word salads' to explain the universe-nobody else should either.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Yeah god knows where they get all the money for advertising. Must be fleesing people.

I think they insure people that have had drink driving or drug driving convictions and drivers that have been refused a quote elsewhere, drivers no other insurer will touch with a bargepole

They're still showing the Angela Scanlon advert...

Is this some way to make us 'not forget her'... has to be some reason behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

All the Covid19 put on the green jersey sentiment ads, just feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I think they insure people that have had drink driving or drug driving convictions and drivers that have been refused a quote elsewhere, drivers no other insurer will touch with a bargepole
    No they don't. I try them every year for the crack and they've never contacted me. They don't give you a price there and then, you fill in the usual myriad of questions and an agent will call you..... allegedly:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Blaze420 wrote: »

Cuck? Christ.

Advertisement