Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No they don't. I try them every year for the crack and they've never contacted me. They don't give you a price there and then, you fill in the usual myriad of questions and an agent will call you..... allegedly:rolleyes:

Ah just because they don't contact you I must be wrong then, fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

No they don't. I try them every year for the crack and they've never contacted me. They don't give you a price there and then, you fill in the usual myriad of questions and an agent will call you..... allegedly:rolleyes:

The 'Glassdoor' review from employees is quite eye opening...

Sounds like a disaster.

https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Quote-Devil-Reviews-E1165593.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

My brother was inquiring about insurance for his car and business with them. Compared them to 3 other insurance companies regarding price.

They were the most expensive, by far.

Same here, they were the most expensive out of the 4 or 5 that I contacted.

The Quote Devil certainly did not have one hell of a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ah just because they don't contact you I must be wrong then, fair enough

Aww don’t cry over it..

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Aww don’t cry over it..

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

Tim76 wrote: »

Ive never tried them. The ads are geared towards boy racers and others that can't get insurance elsewhere. Assumed it would be expensive.

Acosta wrote: »
    Ive never tried them. The ads are geared towards boy racers and others that can't get insurance elsewhere. Assumed it would be expensive.

Initially I thought as much-but then the quote they gave my brother (who has no penalty points, never had either) was really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is that yer man Emmett Kirwan, the actor who does all those voiceovers?

Has to be him, gravely voice describes him perfectly. He's doing a voice over for a radio ad for UCD at the moment and it hurts my ears the way he projects his voice. UCD, for your Fuuutuuure :(

Any ad for quote devil.

I've never heard of anyone using them. They must spend millions on advertising each year, God knows how.

Quote Devil only seem to advertise on TV3 from what Ive seen, cant recall them on RTE. The owner of the company is John Maguire who is married to Karen Koster of Expose fame. Funnily enough when TV3 cut the jobs of the Expose team Karen was spared the axe, probably because her hubby is spending nice wedge with them to deliver their godawful ads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Todays your interview :mad:
    Thinking about the day :mad:
    But you need some clothes :mad:
    Yeah you need some clothes
    With something built in something shoite :mad:
    Cleans something fresh it does it alllll :mad:
    BOLD! :mad:
    Always believe in your goallll :mad:
    You even got time to stroll :mad:
    You're so employable, always believe in :mad:
    You are BOLD!!!! :mad::mad:

FECK RIGHT OFF!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The same parent company as Bold (Proctor and Gamble), the same super annoying US style of ads, will not be buying either overpriced chemical cocktail

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They also have these new scent beads so to wash your clothes now, according to them, you need a POD and CONDITIONER and SCENT BEADS, all from the same matching fragrance range, what wally brains fall for this rubbish, you may as well throw a €5 in with each wash while you are at it. Or how about needing to wear a matching Lenor perfume yourself, ah sure give the washing machine it's own perfume too while you are at it.FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

'Thankssss buddddy' has been removed from whatever that ad is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

PieOhMy wrote: »

I'd say you're one in that clip is fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Thanks be to Jeeezus....the most annoying part of the world’s most annoying ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The Aunt Viv one is starting to get on my tits
    Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is it set in the past? The gear they do be wearing, her glasses, top and fur lined denim jacket. His denim cowboy shirt. Granted, I've only seen the one where the girl is told Aunt Viv will need the car. Is there more, is it a series of ads? Looks like it.

The strange thing is that Aunt Viv started out as Aunt Sue. I hated this ad from the outset, mainly because of the stereotyped, dated impression it gives that people only cycle because they have no car, and that cyclists are kindy geeky, nerdy people.

It came out about a year ago iirc, exactly the same as the present one but with Aunt Sue as the character listed. I can only imagine the morkeshing meetings agonising over which name would work best, and deciding to shoot both when they couldn't make a feckin decison.

This just appeared on tv, after the weather.

'Perf with surf'...

It's the type of thing someone makes to get fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those chaps refusing to come in for their dinner and fluttering around in a battlefield need a good kick up the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The ad for Optex eye spray with the eye lashes coated with pollen and grass has me reaching for the remote, freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

There's a promo running lately on BBC for an upcoming show called Dave. No idea what the show is about but the promo features a beardy hipster type fella rapping. It has me driven mad, instantly mute it when it comes on now.
    It's a great show, I wouldn't let the ad put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

So has "You don't have to be in uniform" And wouldnt ya know it, the English version has a guy saying the exact same thing on the same clip. So the Irish version was a total overdub.

• Advertisement

This bell-end, a shoite advert from the people who give us shoite adverts in the first place, he needs to have that cane inserted in one of his orifices!

(btw is boards slow for other people too?, any particular reason)

This bell-end, a shoite advert from the people who give us shoite adverts in the first place, he needs to have that cane inserted in one of his orifices!

Yea what he says is sort of sync with his mouth. Which is a bit of a bizzare f*uck up for an advert that is trying to highlight how good tv adverts are !

Yep, Boards has been slow for me for a few weeks. Sometimes I get a 'database' error as well.

Sadly, it's more down to network strangulation, rather than anything boards has done. It's all the internet being strangled atm, across the globe.

And these series of adverts, Jason Donovan and his dog, and now this new one, some woman who is into gardening, Kim Wilde apparently but I didn't have a clue who she is

Yep, Boards has been slow for me for a few weeks. Sometimes I get a 'database' error as well.

Sadly, it's more down to network strangulation, rather than anything boards has done. It's all the internet being strangled atm, across the globe.

Cheers Rabble :)

And these series of adverts, Jason Donovan and his dog, and now this new one, some woman who is into gardening, Kim Wilde apparently but I didn't have a clue who she is

I get a patronizing sneering vibe from her in that

I get a patronizing sneering vibe from her in that

I had to google both of them-they're the most horrible adverts put out by Cadbury's in a long while.

A Shame, because Cadbury's often did very clever ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I know it's been oft quoted in here but seriously that M&M ad has to be one of the worst piles of shi*e ever to crawl out of an ad company portfolio. The biting doesn't make sense. Why is yellow in the wardrobe? Isn't he supposed to be keeping sketch? Is yer wan straight out of the Dynasty reject list riding the M&M? I hate it. I hate it with a passion that makes me question my own sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

optogirl wrote: »
    Is yer wan straight out of the Dynasty reject list riding the M&M? I hate it.

There's a "melt in your mouth not in your hand" joke here somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The latest covid 19 one - talk about OTT - we're all in it together/you'll never beat the irish/we're a resilient race/we've been through tougher times ...load a bollix

we've been asked to stay indoors & watch TV, not go to war ffs!

Advertisement