Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Whoever coined "you'll never beat the Irish" never opened a history book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

Annoying Covid ads coming thick and fast now. There was a Brennans Bread one just on that seemed to go on for about 3 minutes. Muted it quickly enough as my TV is new and I don't fancy having to get another so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

or watched a soccer or rugby match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Acosta wrote: »
    Annoying Covid ads coming thick and fast now. There was a Brennans Bread one just on that seemed to go on for about 3 minutes. Muted it quickly enough as my TV is new and I don't fancy having to get another so soon.

“We’re all spending a lot more time at home these days...”

“Now more than ever...”

“Stay apart to stay safe/together/healthy...”

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Now more than ever.
    In these challenging times.
    In these difficult times.

It's like the ad making people are cogging each other's scripts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

There’s a new version of the horrible Uncle Bens ad on now. As if the old Po-tay-to Po-ta-to wasn’t enough now we have Ne-their Ni-their and Ei-their I-their. Oh god my hand is itching to slap that stupid sounding woman.

fryup wrote: »
    or watched a soccer or rugby match

Best fans in the world folks... no one can serenade nuns like us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

We're in this together. That awfully posh pretentious voice-over, with classic Irish movies showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Acosta wrote: »

Might just be me but one of them seems to have that woman who did the AIB "brave" adverts? Her voice is a quivering wreck of emotion, like someone after seeing their dog being run over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just in general how every third ad is filmed with a cameraphone in someone's house.

For the love of f*ck just put some text or graphics on screen with a voiceover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

optogirl wrote: »
    I know it's been oft quoted in here but seriously that M&M ad has to be one of the worst piles of shi*e ever to crawl out of an ad company portfolio. The biting doesn't make sense. Why is yellow in the wardrobe? Isn't he supposed to be keeping sketch? Is yer wan straight out of the Dynasty reject list riding the M&M? I hate it. I hate it with a passion that makes me question my own sanity.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

fryup wrote: »
    The latest covid 19 one - talk about OTT - we're all in it together/you'll never beat the irish/we're a resilient race/we've been through tougher times ...load a bollix

we've been asked to stay indoors & watch TV, not go to war ffs!

There's also an ad about Covid 19 whenever I go into Dunnes that is cringy as ****.

Ye probably know it. Starts off something like "in Ireland we're friendly... So keeping apart doesn't feel very "us"....But, now we need to keep apart etc etc". I cringe every time it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There's also an ad about Covid 19 whenever I go into Dunnes that is cringy as ****.

Ye probably know it. Starts off something like "in Ireland we're friendly... So keeping apart doesn't feel very "us"....But, now we need to keep apart etc etc". I cringe every time it comes on.

Is that Leo speaking in it? It didn't bother me at first but now I'm sick of it.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I find that one a bit unnerving.

I hate they the other one they have too. The girl going on about keeping the bread fresh and the chips frozen. I like chips as much as the next person but there's probably more important food stuffs to focus on :pac:

One of the lads at work timed it, it was on every four minutes when they started playing it first. They have other ones playing in addition now so it's not as often, but I'm sick to death of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Catch bar series of ads with 2 eejits on a couch in a garage or a shed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'm going to get shot for saying this, but this comes from someone who's got his own mental health issues...

The advert for Darkness into Light is kind of bothering me. We hear the voice of this father, talking about his son, and then he says 'he enjoyed life'...

Then we learn his son committed suicide.
    This is going to sound callous, but if someone commits suicide, they obviously didn't enjoy life. (Therapy, treatments, medication and so on is obviously needed to allow someone to realise life is worth living. I've been thru it, you still have low days, but understanding what's up with ya helps to combat it.)

I don't know if whoever was over the advert thought this through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭trashcan

I find that one a bit unnerving.

I hate they the other one they have too. The girl going on about keeping the bread fresh and the chips frozen. I like chips as much as the next person but there's probably more important food stuffs to focus on :pac:

Wot ? More important than chips you say ? Not possible surely ?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

trashcan wrote: »
    Wot ? More important than chips you say ? Not possible surely ?

I'm more interested in Dunnes keeping the Party Rings rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just thinking about the M&M ad there, and what actually is happening in it.

So the human characters have agreed between themselves to eat the red M&M, but while the man is away the woman decides to trick the M&M into bed to eat it herself under the pretense of having sex with it?
    Meanwhile the two M&Ms have arranged a situation where the red M&M will try and have sex with the woman while the man is away and the yellow one will watch this while hidden in a wardrobe?
    Like what kind of mind thinks this up and pitches it to their manager as a good idea ?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

PieOhMy wrote: »

So the human characters have agreed between themselves to eat the red M&M, but while the man is away the woman decides to trick the M&M into bed to eat it herself under the pretense of having sex with it?
    Meanwhile the two M&Ms have arranged a situation where the red M&M will try and have sex with the woman while the man is away and the yellow one will watch this while hidden in a wardrobe?
    Like what kind of mind thinks this up and pitches it to their manager as a good idea ?!?!?!

From the very first time I saw it (which seems like years ago) I thought it was disgusting. In fact I think all the M&M ads are horrible. Sex and cannibalism:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wish to god that tampax ad would **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Your man walking in from the wardrobe is the bit that gets me:mad: The editor must have been as blind as a bat..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And then decides to subject us to it every ad break for years...

Like, you either eat M and Ms or you dont, people pick these habits up as kids, does paying to run the same horrible thing for 5 years until it becomes headwrecking white noise really justify the cost? Why not divert the money into different lower budget ads so people arent just tuning it out after seeing the same thing for the 1000X time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Perf with surf :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

I wet myself

Get em up there girls

And 2 Erictile Dysfunction ads on British television

Like there are children here. At least have them post watershed,

Couldnt agree more. The smarminess in yermans voice is absolutely unbearable.
    This type of stuff in a supermarket is just ott and very Orwellian universe be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The one with the bald smug hipster walking along the top of the tour bus with a selfie stick talking about 'top cashback'.
    Seems like it's been on for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Lucozade Sport with a guy shouting YES! YES at a telly. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Autosport wrote: »
    Perf with surf :rolleyes:
    I think that ad is hilarious. Especially the laugh she does at the end, if she is acting and taking the mickey then she could be a good comedian.

Advertisement