Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The Nationwide ads on British telly at the moment are insufferable. Trying to be heartwarming but instead feels shallow and insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Autosport wrote: »
    Perf with surf :rolleyes:

Dire with Dyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Finchey from the Office seems to be doing voice-overs on half the ads on the telly lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Really dont know how to feel about the new JustEat add with Snoop Dog.............. WORD!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Scott was home early during every single ad break last night. I've made the decision to boycott M&Ms until this advert is taken off the air.

• Advertisement

Tim76 wrote: »
    Scott was home early during every single ad break last night. I've made the decision to boycott M&Ms until this advert is taken off the air.
    Wait till you see the next one where Scott and Mrs Scott throw caution to the wind and decide to have a four-way with Red and Yellow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Wait till you see the next one where Scott and Mrs Scott throw caution to the wind and decide to have a four-way with Red and Yellow :eek:

I'll be complaining if they don't have a brown M&M involved.

Terrible lack of diversity in these ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'll be complaining if they don't have a brown M&M involved.

Terrible lack of diversity in these ads.
    They all end up brown in the end. I'm intelligent enough to know this because I eat Smarties instead. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

There's an ad on UTV where an "investigator" goes into a house and lectures the family about all the water they're wasting. Awful rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Autosport wrote:
    Perf with surf

She has such a strong accent, or was that the piss taking point of the ad?

• Advertisement

Those chaps refusing to come in for their dinner and fluttering around in a battlefield need a good kick up the hole.

If I shouted back 'NO!' to the mother when she was calling me for a dinner I didnt approve of I would have gotten some clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

madmaggie wrote: »
    There's an ad on UTV where an "investigator" goes into a house and lectures the family about all the water they're wasting. Awful rubbish.

Jesus... aren't we meant to be washing at the moment-all this Corona prevention stuff? Make up your flipping mind TV channels.
    She has such a strong accent, or was that the piss taking point of the ad?

It's probably intended to be her 'mocking' herself... but it backfires, it backfires spectacularly.

It's sort of like those adverts with Anthea Turner, Totally Money. They are absolutely awful adverts for a dodgy service. But they're 'meant' to be funny...

They're just painfully unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

Any one know, in the fbd insurance ad, the island where the two are fencing, where is that in Ireland, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wish to god that tampax ad would **** off.

Saw it on tv the other day at 5pm. I pity the mothers out there whose young daughters see it and are asking them what it is that girls have to get up there and where there is. Awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Saw it on tv the other day at 5pm. I pity the mothers out there whose young daughters see it and are asking them what it is that girls have to get up there and where there is. Awkward.

Well on the flip side of that those ads have been too vague for too long - blue water dripping on to a pad, senile pensioners showing up in some young woman’s world to represent a period etc. You can’t get more direct than the current ones apart from a blatant tag line saying “you bleed monthly - sort it with these”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Catch bar series of ads with 2 eejits on a couch in a garage or a shed or something.

The "sell me this catch bar" one ? I actually thought that was quite good.

Head and Shoulders getting some mileage out of Claudia Winkleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Claudia Winkelman is an annoying personality vacuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Are you her husband? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think the tampon ad is grand. It’s a fact of life women have periods and when you first use tampons they can be tricky to fit properly. It’s nice to see a humorous take on what can be a real problem for young girls.

• Advertisement

I think the tampon ad is grand. It’s a fact of life women have periods and when you first use tampons they can be tricky to fit properly. It’s nice to see a humorous take on what can be a real problem for young girls.

I don't have an issue with the message. (And some people's issues with the advert is either periods in general, or having to explain 'periods' to their children. I grew up on a farm, knew all that stuff when I was still a single digit of age).
    Adverts about 'peeing yourself' as adults... if anything, those adverts should be a clear message to kids that accidents happen.

To me the issue is just the sheer cringe of it. It launched on April Fools Day, and some people thought it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Perf with surf.

A aaagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

deise08 wrote: »
    Perf with surf.

A aaagh.

Dyer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Heard an ad on the radio yesterday being voiced by Emmet Kirwan, I find his voice really irritating. It's not one that would sell something to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Head and Shoulders getting some mileage out of Claudia Winkleman.

She used head and shoulders once so technically she's not lying

I used to not like her, Winkleman I mean.

But she's grown on me. Not in the 'secret crush way', but I can tolerate her.

The idea of reading messages where people hate you is kind of clever. Because many others wouldn't do it because 'it would affect their brand'. (Imagine Vogue doing the same thing for that 'Liquitabs' advert).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Tim76 wrote: »
    Dyer stuff.
    Danny or Dani?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

blueser wrote: »
    Danny or Dani?

Both

The idea of reading messages where people hate you is kind of clever. Because many others wouldn't do it because 'it would affect their brand'. (Imagine Vogue doing the same thing for that 'Liquitabs' advert).

tenor.gif?itemid=5580267

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

off topic but her black eyeliner is 10 times better than Clarke Kents glasses. Totally unrecognizable without it.

ae413562defe329caead70b5164da409--claudia-winkleman-celebrity-pictures.jpg

article-2303886-19149B96000005DC-954_634x854.jpg

Advertisement