Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pcasso

McDonalds, stuck in the lift.

Thank you my friend.
    You have saved me from mania

pcasso wrote: »
    Thank you my friend.
    You have saved me from mania

I only know because someone was good enough to answer the same question for me earlier in the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pcasso

I only know because someone was good enough to answer the same question for me earlier in the thread :D

And I was too lazy to go back that far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those Young Offenders ads on RTE wreck my head, such moronic crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

pcasso wrote: »
    Anybody know what other ad the female in it was in.
    Driving me mad trying to figure it out

Cuffy cuffy cuffy cuffy cuffy cuffy cuffy cuffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thargor wrote: »
    Those Young Offenders ads on RTE wreck my head, such moronic crap.

Middle Aged Offenders by now!

Best thing on RTÉ in a long time.

Best thing on RTÉ in a long time.

That's a low bar if TYO is the best they have.
    Kilinascully for Cork city ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That's a low bar if TYO is the best they have.
    Kilinascully for Cork city ppl.

Well, the difference is Killinaskully was a home produced program, by an Irish production company.

TYO is financed and produced by a British company. It's why its so much better than the crap RTE produced, like Damo and Ivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

The 'music' in some ads actually hurts your brain.
    God be with the days when they tried to come up with pleasing jingles that were easy on the ear.

Most ads now have crappy piano cover songs trying to make them seem so deep and meaningful. Yawn.

• Advertisement

The ad they stick in between the news and weather, your one leaving her gloves on the bus to Birr. The bus interior and seats look like they date from the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Most ads now have crappy piano cover songs trying to make them seem so deep and meaningful. Yawn.
    Those too, but I was thinking more of the horrible rap and drum and bass type of stuff. Dissonant is the only way to describe it, listening to it gives me the same experience as when the dentist drills your tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Well, the difference is Killinaskully was a home produced program, by an Irish production company.

TYO is financed and produced by a British company. It's why its so much better than the crap RTE produced, like Damo and Ivor.

That must be why Mrs. Browns Boys is so good. It's because the BBC make it.

lertsnim wrote: »
    That must be why Mrs. Browns Boys is so good. It's because the BBC make it.

There are always anomalies along the way....

I have no idea why that's successful. But imagine how much worse it would be with RTe involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That just for women car insurance ad drives me mental. The woman doing the voiceover has the most ridiculous annoying accent I’ve ever heard. I’ve actually started fantasising about punching her. There’s also an ad for a new tv show called Normal People and it’s unbelievably boring. It definitely would turn you off watching the show. These two along with COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE are driving me insane.

That just for women car insurance ad drives me mental. The woman doing the voiceover has the most ridiculous annoying accent I’ve ever heard. I’ve actually started fantasising about punching her. There’s also an ad for a new tv show called Normal People and it’s unbelievably boring. It definitely would turn you off watching the show. These two along with COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE are driving me insane.

Its4Women have had the crappest adverts from the beginning. They just continue to get worse.

What's the ad with the two women in the car talking to the insurance company? "Thanks Niall".

The one on the left keeps widening her eyes when she talks, it really irritates me.

It reminds me of the Muppet Show.

Oh sweet Jesus that ad from the morning show crowd is so irritating. Do we really need Glenda Gilson and that load of gob****es telling us how to social distance (I hate that phrase) every single ad break. If we don’t know by now we’ll never know. Then there’s “thanks buddy” from Vodafone constantly too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh sweet Jesus that ad from the morning show crowd is so irritating. Do we really need Glenda Gilson and that load of gob****es telling us how to social distance (I hate that phrase) every single ad break. If we don’t know by now we’ll never know. Then there’s “thanks buddy” from Vodafone constantly too.

I didn't even know what that ad was for, the 'thanks budd-ay' one. I think my eyes glaze and my ears close when it comes on.

I just thought of another one. It’s the horrible Uncle Bens ad. Potato po-tat-oh to-MA-to tomato. Horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just thought of another one. It’s the horrible Uncle Bens ad. Potato po-tat-oh to-MA-to tomato. Horrible.

That ad is absolutely dreadful. Never in my life have I heard anyone saying po-tat -oh, give them two months and they’ll be killing each other.

"When you leave your warm gloves on the bus to Birr"

Its f&#king April!!!

Temperatures tomorrow will be 15 degrees in Dublin and 21 in Birr!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When the mother gets flowers and a portal from her son and daughter for her birthday and she doesn't even say thanks, just goes 'oh...right' :mad:
    Hey ma, guess what I'm getting you next year? Sweet fanny addams!

"When you leave your warm gloves on the bus to Birr"

Its f&#king April!!!

Temperatures tomorrow will be 15 degrees in Dublin and 21 in Birr!

I dunno about you, but round where I live, there've been plenty of cold mornings and nights due to low temps.

If I lost my gloves, I'd be raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its4Women have had the crappest adverts from the beginning. They just continue to get worse.

Without doubt, remember the last one they had with yer wan at the computer 'I like to keep it all online' followed by a cheesy wink, godawful stuff

I dunno about you, but round where I live, there've been plenty of cold mornings and nights due to low temps.

If I lost my gloves, I'd be raging.

The last two nights have been chilly and this morning it was chilly for t-shirt and pyjamas and i put on the heating for an hour, but its not gloves weather.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Without doubt, remember the last one they had 'I like to keep it all online' followed by a cheesy wink, godawful stuff

Oh jesus yeah...

That and the 'they know what a woman wants' or some s**t....

No, no they don't-they just 'tell' you what you think you want. It's marketing 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Glenda Gilson, urgh! Is it 2006 again?

Glenda Gilson, urgh! Is it 2006 again?

I imagine they have to keep her employed in some way-no Xpose, no real reason to be there.

Her 5-packs of cigarettes a day voice is irritating tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the two of them sound absolutely desperate for a man, getting excited at 30 years of age talking to a man on the phone, jesus. the hysterics of laughing when they hang up. but in fairness the one on the left is kind of cute, and i really cant put my finger on it.

Advertisement