Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

my3cents wrote: »
    I keep praying that in the one with the puppy the puppy bites him.

Ugghh feel sick watchin' that, has he no standards, dreadful cheap garbage ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

DAVE!, that grease is going nowhere!

I like the dog but Dave is a bit of a spanner!

Also no cleaning products ever work like they do in the ads so eff off!

I liked the first ad, but not this one. Why is the cloth always clean after removing the dirt, why are there no streak marks? I must be doing this cleaning lark all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That latest Guinness abomination, with the two Welsh fellas spending their mum's money on the six nations. Who the hell comes up with these ideas (which they're presumably paid a small fortune for, I'd imagine)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

blueser wrote: »
    That latest Guinness abomination, with the two Welsh fellas spending their mum's money on the six nations. Who the hell comes up with these ideas (which they're presumably paid a small fortune for, I'd imagine)?

That is a terrible ad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RMAOK wrote: »
    That is a terrible ad
    Its really getting to me now, every single adbreak, I absolutely hate the 2 of them, and the screechy music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sgsdfsdfsd

all those ads with 2 women meeting each other on the street and one saying "oh I just came back from blah blah and got a great deal" and the other wan says "oh really and repeats the whole ad". can they not even try to be clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Head & shoulders ads especially the Claudia winkleman one

neris wrote: »
    Head & shoulders ads especially the Claudia winkleman one

Horrendous ad.

Sick of that cringey Guinness six nations ad too with the two Welsh lads and the mothers purse.

Winner at the moment has to be that annoying Mace advert with Johnny Sexton with the idiot behind the counter. And that #TeamofUs (I'm todally in') load of shíte....speak for yer selfs.

Im not anti-rugby but im not big enough into it to endure that level of hype

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqM0Tke9sUI

Sorry; can't seem to embed the video. It's the moneybox ad.

I don't care how much they're paying for their ad to be screened, just take it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Just watching the 6 Nations there on Virgin 1, disappointed again to see that they made the decision to go to an ad break directly after the national anthems, it breaks up the build-up to the game unnecessarily. Also the commentators having to make 3 or 4 references to Ireland's Got Talent that is on later that evening is stupid and annoying, most rugby fans couldn't give a fiddlers about that. Sometimes its accompanied with a picture in picture in the corner that blocks the on-pitch action. Ads on tv, radio, buses, taxis, etc etc, enough already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Turn on BBC
    Just watching the 6 Nations there on Virgin 1, disappointed again to see that they made the decision to go to an ad break directly after the national anthems, it breaks up the build-up to the game unnecessarily. Also the commentators having to make 3 or 4 references to Ireland's Got Talent that is on later that evening is stupid and annoying, most rugby fans couldn't give a fiddlers about that. Sometimes its accompanied with a picture in picture in the corner that blocks the on-pitch action. Ads on tv, radio, buses, taxis, etc etc, enough already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sometimes its accompanied with a picture in picture in the corner that blocks the on-pitch action. Ads on tv, radio, buses, taxis, etc etc, enough already!

It certainly blocked the ball carrier a few times today. I hate everything about that channel. Unfortunately the BBC isn't always an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That car insurance ad where that miserable looking studenty fella is driving his @sshole of a mother around and she grabs his phone off him to talk shyte to his girlfriend. I can't stand her.

He looks about thirty,fcuken knob head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There's a new 'Good night Ring' advert-for this thing that's supposed to help you sleep.

They used to use people, actors, and testimonials.

Now they're using an advert that looks like a web cartoon from the 1990s. With Fu Manchu kinda character, and a grasshopper.
    If they spent a fiver on making it, it was far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭donegal_man

There's an ad with Idris Elba lip syncing to “Que Sera Sera” which I find so creepy I've never managed to watch it long enough to find out what they're actually advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

That new trendy vodafone ad with that high maintenance blonde saying "I'm totally in too"
    Who speaks like that?? You're Irish, why are you trying to look and sound American. Totally, Amazing, Absolutely. All these overused words in fake accents. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's an ad with Idris Elba lip syncing to “Que Sera Sera” which I find so creepy I've never managed to watch it long enough to find out what they're actually advertising.

Samsung trying to take over the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

What's supposed to be the message of that ad? Spunking your entire inheritance on rugby matches and Guinness is a great idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What's supposed to be the message of that ad? Spunking your entire inheritance on rugby matches and Guinness is a great idea?

Not just rugby matches. It has to be the 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did I see a bizarre Seat SUV ad, 2/3rds of which was a bloke cutting through ice for a swim, or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Did I see a bizarre Seat SUV ad, 2/3rds of which was a bloke cutting through ice for a swim, or something?

I like that ad and the music on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

When I first saw it I did wonder if it was something to do with water safety?

Think now it just refers to how cold and wet you'll be if you buy a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

anewme wrote: »
    I like that ad and the music on it.

It's not that I dislike it, more the WTF moment wondering what it has to do with SUV sales

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That 3 mobile ad, Millenial couple condemned to live with their mammies and daddies for the foreseeable future.
    Trying to make a selling point out of the housing cluster****. Bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

jesus that insurance ad with the mother robbing the lads phone is cat. what were they thinking like how dangerous and dopey is the mother trying to disrupt a young driver by messing around with his phone causing panic and stress while hes driving , why on earth wwould an insurance compant want to advertise this? ..........oh actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Horrendous ad.

Sick of that cringey Guinness six nations ad too with the two Welsh lads and the mothers purse.

Winner at the moment has to be that annoying Mace advert with Johnny Sexton with the idiot behind the counter. And that #TeamofUs (I'm todally in') load of shíte....speak for yer selfs.

Im not anti-rugby but im not big enough into it to endure that level of hype

Hahahaha the second worst thing after that "todally in" lassy is Rory Best with the "that's everyone then..". He sounds like a bus driver. :pac:

And is that Ryle Nugent with the "Let's go" or is it an imitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's with that ad for some crossover with the CGI girl? Talking about virtual worlds.

What's that got to do with a car? It's like they discovered some CGI software and had to shoehorn it in somewhere.

It says a lot about cars these days that they're resorting to these ****ty ads, just like that other one where they cut ice and go diving and the caption is "you don't give up because you get old, you get old because you give up."

What happened to displaying the snazzy new features of a car? Oh they're maxed out and they all have the same stuff now so they can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Nescafe Colosseum ad with the guy saying if you've blah blah

The signs are not on the TV ad???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those ads for three "all you can eat data", repeating the word "unlimited" over and over ad nauseam, "literally" etc, making out like all the other companies are spoofers.

https://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/services/all-you-can-eat-data-terms-conditions/

their own T&Cs literally say they can limit you!

All you can eat data service terms

Three continuously monitors network performance to ensure that the service received by customers is not impacted through a minority of users placing high demand on network resources (e.g. large bandwidths over long periods). Should your data usage exceed 60GB in a billing cycle for Bill pay customers (a 28 day period for prepay customers) and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit the Service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Elmo wrote: »
    Nescafe Colosseum ad with the guy saying if you've blah blah

The signs are not on the TV ad???

If I wanted to keep my friends I wouldn't give them fcuking Nescafe.

Advertisement