Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've wondered because of that is the winning egg more likely to be a multi pack or in an Easter Egg set.

My mistake on it being UK only, I saw promo display in petrol station here with Win €10,000 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cant believe how amazing the new IKEA advert it. Actually probably the best advert I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new Renault ad with the robot driving the car. I found it very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That itsforwomen.ie ad with the woman slowly turning her head at the end - what the fúck is the point of her turning her head so slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RMAOK wrote: »
    That itsforwomen.ie ad

I prefer to keep it all online ;)

gives me the shudders.

reading this crap then belts me with the cringe
    https://www.adworld.ie/2017/06/26/its4women-ardmore-advertising/
    At Ardmore, we love new challenges. We were delighted to be asked to create a new advertising campaign for insurance brand, its4women! Our concept generation considered the qualities consumers value most in their online car insurance partners. Research quickly told us that the qualities women seek in an insurance partner are often the same qualities they seek in the perfect partner. With that, our concept was born!

‘Someone you can trust’, ‘someone who understands women’ and ‘someone who would go the extra mile for you’. These were just some of the parallels we could draw between the perfect insurance partner and the perfect partner.

This campaign would run across strategically selected TV, social, outdoor, digital and cinema channels.

The next stage was to recruit our cast. Central to the delivery of the campaign would be the use of REAL Irish women (as opposed to the uniform, agency-sourced cast), aiding authenticity and assisting with the campaign’s ultimate reach and relevance. We reached out to women across the island of Ireland to feature in our campaign, with the help of social media, emailers and PR and asked what they looked for in a perfect partner. Applications came flooding in, thousands applied from across the province! We eventually narrowed this down to our final cast members ahead of a hugely successful 3-day shoot across a variety of real, every-day locations in Ireland.

We are delighted with the finished product and we can’t wait for you to find out what REAL women in Ireland look for in a perfect partner.

https://www.asai.ie/complaint/motor-insurance/
    Two complainants objected to the advertising on the grounds that it was sexist as it was specifically targeting women.

One complainant considered that the advertising was suggesting that men would not be insured and he also considered that the advertisement was suggesting that females were better drivers than men. He referred to Article 5 of the Gender Directive (2004/113/EC) which provides that the use of gender as a factor when calculating premiums and other benefits in respect of insurance should not result in differences in premiums or benefits to an individual.
    Motor Insurance
    Print This Post Print This Post
    Bulletin: 15/5
    Batch: 230
    Reference: 24739
    Product: Motor Insurance
    Advertiser: Its4Women.ie
    Agency: MXB
    Medium: Television
    ASAI Code 6th Edition: 1.6(c), 2.17

Advertisement
    Complaint
    Response
    Conclusion
    The advertiser stated that the its4women car insurance product had features and benefits tailored for women such as break-down assist, a courtesy car and handbag cover. Their brand advertisements were produced to convey the sense that the product had been created with the needs of women in mind, however, all product features and benefits were equally extended and offered to male policy holders.

They stated that men were insured by its4women.ie as both first and second named drivers and that this was widely understood by the customer-base through the use of the gender selection tool available in the first section of the quote request form online.

They stated that there was no reference or statement made within the advertising or on any of their marketing collateral that males were excluded from insurance policies supplied by its4women.ie.

In regards to the complaint that the advertisement suggests females are safer drivers, they stated that there was no suggestion or reference to anything that would suggest females were safer drivers than males in any part of the script or in any visual imagery used within the advertising. They said that the its4women.ie brand was fully aware of, and understands, the EU Gender Directive and prices their policies in accordance and in compliance with this.
    not sure about the ad they spoke of, but at 10sec in this one, the token Asian actor they got in was made to claim it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

rubadub wrote: »

gives me the shudders.

not sure about the ad they spoke of, but at 10sec in this one, the token Asian actor they got in was made to claim it.

I think they 'walk the line' with the 'we know we're safer drivers' rather than 'statistics show we're safer drivers'.
    One is opinion, one is fact. (And I'm not saying that it is a fact-I'm just saying if they had those stats, then they could claim that-they don't).

Still totally bullcrap-and the adverts are horrendous.

Also, the advert is really depressing, seeing Katie Taylor talking about Rio, and knowing the shock first round knockout she went through. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

All Gillette ads. EVER.

Eir - The one with that middle aged spanner who gets VIP access to gigs, GAA and other crap, running around like a 10 year old recording video of stuff and taking selfies every 3 minutes, gurning and generally being a pain in the ass.

Eir - Broadband in a box shoite, the van full of various stars, the way he opens the back door and the box is perfectly centered in an empty van, the way he looks at the box and then rings the doorbell. In reality he probably declares "heres yer internet missus, ye have to set it up yerself" and then fecks off.

Eir - Lets make Possible, Epic Awaits etc etc , feck off!, all mobile phone and broadband providers offer essentially the same thing so save money on advertising and put it in to improving your services I would have thought and also spare the general public this absolute guff.

rubadub wrote: »

gives me the shudders.

Yes, that is terrible stuff

Cant believe how amazing the new IKEA advert it. Actually probably the best advert I've ever seen.

The bedtime in a nightclub one? Its pretty good, imaginative for sure, nothing wrong with a bit of Roy Orbison either, a legend.

• Advertisement

Not the worst, but fairly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭flazio

razorblunt wrote: »
    2nd Exeter man to the ruck is almost always either off his feet or in at the side.
    Sometimes, both.

Erm, looking for the rugby thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

flazio wrote: »
    Erm, looking for the rugby thread?

Yes! Yes, I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The bedtime in a nightclub one? Its pretty good, imaginative for sure, nothing wrong with a bit of Roy Orbison either, a legend.

Thanks so so much for putting that up. People are getting fed up of me trying to describe it. Now I can show them it. Its amazing. Love Roy orbison as well. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Center Parcs (sp) add epic brillientist. Want to give that little **** a slap. God help me if mine get to that age and are that annoying. I'll put them down myself :D

The most that little **** deserves is a crappy holiday in the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

There is a christmas add for saving money up for Christmas, Park Christmas savings, its January! This one really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There is a christmas add for saving money up for Christmas, Park Christmas savings, its January! This one really annoys me

I genuinely don't get the whole concept of that savings ? Why not just put it in an account or save it in the Post Office or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I was hoping for no more mention of Christmas until next December 24th. Terrible ad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭lertsnim

RMAOK wrote: »
    I was hoping for no more mention of Christmas until next December 24th. Terrible ad :mad:

It was worse last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Tara Flynn did a nice skit on these ads titled 'Pulling Christmas Out Of Your Hole' in 2013, but it seems to have been removed from YouTube now for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tara Flynn did a nice skit on these ads titled 'Pulling Christmas Out Of Your Hole' in 2013, but it seems to have been removed from YouTube now for some reason.

Tara Flynn's never funny.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/features/tuning-out-comedian-tara-flynn-takes-issue-with-popular-christmas-songs-891859.html

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I genuinely don't get the whole concept of that savings ? Why not just put it in an account or save it in the Post Office or something ?

Yup! Our 1st real Christmas tree I put a euro into a cup each week for a year :pac: (The year previous I just didn't have the €50 at Christmas time, I had brutal wages!)

Yup! Our 1st real Christmas tree I put a euro into a cup each week for a year :pac: (The year previous I just didn't have the €50 at Christmas time, I had brutal wages!)

I could have got you a Christmas tree for half a score!

Well all bank ads, currently the Ulster bank ad with the family in the small house. It's a horrible sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Elmo wrote: »
    Well all bank ads, currently the Ulster bank ad with the family in the small house. It's a horrible sentiment.

and in the same vein, the mobile network ad where the two young people are texting each other about some day having somewhere to live together...but for now they'll rely on Vodafone or whoever the fu*k is hawking this resent inducing shi*.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Now tv and visit Lapland seem to be on every ten minutes here

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭donegal_man

There's a series of ads for a cruise line with Rob Brydon that just make me want to punch his smug little face. What makes it even more annoying is that I quite like him as a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Eir fibre - that man in the short sleeve shirt walking out with the clare hurlers and onto the stage with the band. Does my my head in.

Oh feck off!, it was a crap ad last year and guess what, it's still shoite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The ad for Ireland's Got "Talent"..............

Shoot me.

Advertisement