Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Has the Johnny Sexton Mace Ad been mentioned yet?
    Yes I hear you say?

Oh well, it's worth another rant ! :pac:

The way she gets so worked up saying "A Sexton sandwich"!!

Just dumb......and so irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭CoBo55

flazio wrote: »
    I give Skoda a pass as they actually make an effort to make ads for Irish TV as opposed to others who just dub over people driving left hand drive cars.
    Plus the coffee order one is actually quite funny.

Even worse, tea, funny ad in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That bedgasm ad, feel sorry for the red faced parents with kids asking what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

The new Opel ads that are anti Brexit and lick Europe’s arse. Like it plays Ode to Joy in the background and then says that it’s made for Europe while traveling around the narrow streets of Rotterdam. Yeah stick it on a ****e bog road in Offaly traveling around Thurles and see how effective it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

CK22 wrote: »
    The new Opel ads that are anti Brexit and lick Europe’s arse. Like it plays Ode to Joy in the background and then says that it’s made for Europe while traveling around the narrow streets of Rotterdam. Yeah stick it on a ****e bog road in Offaly traveling around Thurles and see how effective it is.

Yeah we should be buying vaukhalls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The UK CO OP add with the guys doing an impression of the Monty Python- Four Yorkshiremen (exaggerating) about how hot a curry they have eaten.

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah we should be buying vaukhalls.

Vauxhall...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Vauxhall...

Sorry

Vauxhall
    Vauxhal
    auxhal
    Auxpal
    Aupal
    Opal
    Opel

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Has the Johnny Sexton Mace Ad been mentioned yet?
    Yes I hear you say?

Oh well, it's worth another rant ! :pac:

The way she gets so worked up saying "A Sexton sandwich"!!

Just dumb......and so irritating

Yep i mentioned her previously. in one way she sums up the OTT inflated view the irish media and public have of the Irish rugby team. She is on a punchable level of annoying though and that disastrous ad would actually make me consider going to Centra instead.

Annoying new McDonalds advert with the black guy allowing the middle aged white woman to order first in Mcdonalds. Ticks a diversity box of course to keep those pathetic sjws happy :rolleyes:

The interview is farcical though. Ive never entered an interview room where the interview panel arent attentive the minute you enter the room. here its just one woman on her own though seemingly with her back turned :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Annoying new McDonalds advert with the black guy allowing the middle aged white woman to order first in Mcdonalds. Ticks a diversity box of course to keep those pathetic sjws happy :rolleyes:

The interview is farcical though. Ive never entered an interview room where the interview panel arent attentive the minute you enter the room. here its just one woman on her own though seemingly with her back turned :rolleyes:

That ad sends out the wrong message too-everyone he's competing against in the job interview is a minority and male-the boss is a white woman.

They are all subservient to the white woman, and it pangs of racism. A sort of 'know your place' kinda thing.
    Almost expect him to get up off of his seat if she got on the same bus as him. Or move to the back of the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

HY-A-LU-RONIC ACID. It's the QUEEEEEEEEN (something or other I cannot remember what she said afterwards)
    Eva Longoria in the Loreal ad. Ugggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ads for Head and Shoulders shampoo. One ad aimed at men, all tough talk. The Claudia Winkleman ads where she goes on about shiny swishy hair. Even the bottles are different, the one in the men's ad is plain enough, the other one all pretty flowers. What year is this again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Remember the awful adverts Idris Elba does for Sky?

Turns out the Canadian one's are ten times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

RTE tv licence ads with cheesy Hammond organ music and unfunny 'terms and conditions' of living in Ireland.

Glad I give the cnuts nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

It's something when you despise an ad after only one viewing. That ad for ham that uses the Come out ye Black 'n Tans song is going to be a classic in it's awfulness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Soft focus slice of life BOI & AIB ads- do one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

ollaetta wrote: »
    It's something when you despise an ad after only one viewing. That ad for ham that uses the Come out ye Black 'n Tans song is going to be a classic in it's awfulness.

So bad it's good

Sweet Jesus that's grim, its as bad as that stupid sweets and with the squeaky voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

ah shame. I liked Elba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The persil add with 100 washing machines in one room and people using them.
    No sign of an inlet or outlet pipe on any of them and no power source visible.
    P1sses me right off.fake washing machines and they all dancing a jig happy with their efforts.away with ye ye chancers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I lasted 10 seconds. Mother of jaysus that's terrible.

Sometimes you forget about the worst ads.

insure my home dot ie and insure my van dot ie (started out as radio ads)

But then progressed to TV ads with some of the worst animation ever.

Elmo wrote: »
    Sometimes you forget about the worst ads.

insure my home dot ie and insure my van dot ie (started out as radio ads)

But then progressed to TV ads with some of the worst animation ever.

Still not as bad as the really old ones, Irish Permanent and a picture of the head office... That was it, you gotta love the 70's... I'm showing my age..

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Still not as bad as the really old ones, Irish Permanent and a picture of the head office... That was it, you gotta love the 70's... I'm showing my age..

Funny I was thinking of those ads when I wrote that, they come a close second, actually they might even be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That red haired friend in the Liberty Insurance ad, trying to be funny when the driver is on to the insurance rep, is a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yea but the other one is hot. and i really dont know why. because u see very little of her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

How could poor ould John in the Aldi ad pop the question. She won't let him get a word in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Charlize Theron advert for J'adore perfume..
    She's not good looking, she's average, and that advert just makes her look ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Really hate that deep riverock ad, the one where they're walking and talking at the same time. The woman reminds me of sharon horgan or something or has a familiar voice.

Advertisement