Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭CoBo55

my3cents wrote: »
    When I first saw it I did wonder if it was something to do with water safety?

Think now it just refers to how cold and wet you'll be if you buy a seat.

Ha ha brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

blueser wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqM0Tke9sUI

Sorry; can't seem to embed the video. It's the moneybox ad.

I don't care how much they're paying for their ad to be screened, just take it off.

The whole hype about being the best current team in the world, being the favorites for the world cup lead to a major push in advertising for the Six Nations. All that effort and within a minute of the first game to England the writing was on the wall ultimately consolidated with an England win. We then have to endure weeks of these annoying ads knowing they won't* win.

* I know there is a tiny possibility of a win but it's dependent on a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Any and every advert for Prettylittlething, missguided, Nasty Gal and Boohoo.

I realise that I am not their target customer but my God, all the adverts are the same, and very, very annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Dickie10 wrote: »
    jesus that insurance ad with the mother robbing the lads phone is cat. what were they thinking like how dangerous and dopey is the mother trying to disrupt a young driver by messing around with his phone causing panic and stress while hes driving , why on earth wwould an insurance compant want to advertise this? ..........oh actually....

I detest that ad. My mother would be walking if she did that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

and just for good measure she throws in the grenade of " oh for a while there we were thinking he was making you up" like what on earth is that? just finish the lad off by messing with his mental health as well, like young lads in there 20s need there family to be talking like that about them. shes kind of sayin "yeah sure this son of ours would be odd as fcuk that way, how would he pull a bird?!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

and just for good measure she throws in the grenade of " oh for a while there we were thinking he was making you up" like what on earth is that? just finish the lad off by messing with his mental health as well, like young lads in there 20s need there family to be talking like that about them. shes kind of sayin "yeah sure this son of ours would be odd as fcuk that way, how would he pull a bird?!"

Oh he's older than that-which makes the advert even creepier. You imagine his mother has ruined many of his relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

jesus that insurance ad with the mother robbing the lads phone is cat. what were they thinking like how dangerous and dopey is the mother trying to disrupt a young driver by messing around with his phone causing panic and stress while hes driving , why on earth wwould an insurance compant want to advertise this? ..........oh actually....

Which is why I am in favor of using bio-metrics for locking the phone, so nosy mammy can't peek at my phone. Or better yet...don't let the nosy cow at your phone in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

lertsnim wrote: »
    I detest that ad. My mother would be walking if she did that to me.

I can't stand her. It's like they were aiming for the "mad but loveable Irish mammy" trope but she comes across like an aggressive bully. I especially hate that smug look on her face at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Smithwicks ad with some hipster as a ghost. Everyone in the ad are annoying.

The BBC promo with the girl meeting random clebs while she goes about her daily business including that painful bint Claudia Wrinkleface and that cross- eyed beardy Asian comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jesus that insurance ad with the mother robbing the lads phone is cat. what were they thinking like how dangerous and dopey is the mother trying to disrupt a young driver by messing around with his phone causing panic and stress while hes driving
    the RSA should make an ad, hire the same actors, in this one she drops the phone and undoes the seatbelt for a moment to get it still yabbering away. Then bang, wrapped around a lampost, the mothers smashes up head sticking out of the windscreen.

cut to your man in a neckbrace on crutches with the lovely shauna in a graveyard and the nosy bitch being lowered into the ground.

"always wear a seatbelt, never distract drivers"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

That new ad for women, ye know, that cant get wet down there, irritating as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The new Aldi ad is a pain. "Do you want to tell them about the honeymoon John, but maybe not the full detail". Said in a stupid smug tone. Why do people act as if their heads will explode if they say even the word "sex" out loud. Or do they think they are the only person in the world to have had sex and there's some huge secret the rest of us don't know. Poor John sits in the corner and can't get a word in. Stupidest ad ever.

oh that aldi ad is brutal. what is the point of it? is it that aldi are trying to say look even the dumb culchies who know there stuff about good food are shopping in aldi so you can trust us, if its good enough for an auld retired couple with plenty of money its good enough for the rest of rural middle class people. i think aldi are losing out to this section of society who would normally shop in the likes of super value because its around longer and irish owned, there the type of people who dont mind paying for expensive groceries, they were brought up in an era where food was expensive and was by far the greatest monthly expense in a household. whats with the kids looking in the window and the two old people showing them away, next there in eating dinner with them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That ad with the mammy distracting her son driving is annoying, but I do find it funny how he shouts "hang up" in a desperate sort of way.

As for the blonde one with the fake American accent in the Vodafone rugby ad, I am not a bit surprised she features in it, as she is a stereotypical young, female rugby fan from south county Dublin. Bet she can only name the good-looking players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone see the "Copper Crisper" TV advertising late night? It shows which could be described as a metal basket on a tray that you put in the oven to cook your food more evenly, however they also show that the tray can be used for cooking cookies.

This is after they showed grease, fat and crumbs falling onto it whole cooking.

Why in the name of God would someone use a tray covered in steak fat as a baking tray?

Suckit wrote: »
    Any and every advert for Prettylittlething, missguided, Nasty Gal and Boohoo.

I realise that I am not their target customer but my God, all the adverts are the same, and very, very annoying. :mad:

No idea what any of those things are but the names are annoying to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    That new ad for women, ye know, that cant get wet down there, irritating as fcuk

Where’s that, Cork?

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Terrible ad. 'Women of the world'. She'd be getting no porking from me coming out with that sh1te talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Anyone see the "Copper Crisper" TV advertising late night? It shows which could be described as a metal basket on a tray that you put in the oven to cook your food more evenly, however they also show that the tray can be used for cooking cookies.

This is after they showed grease, fat and crumbs falling onto it whole cooking.

Why in the name of God would someone use a tray covered in steak fat as a baking tray?

That ad pops up on late night tv, be it movies or tv shows. I'm often a night owl, tend to work late at night.
    So I have the tv on in the background. That advert pops up-and it's about 5 minutes long.

Then other days, I get up around 5 or 6 am, and that same idiot's on advertising an air-fryer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Terrible ad. 'Women of the world'. She'd be getting no porking from me coming out with that sh1te talk.
    If you were taking care of business properly, they wouldn't need any product to help them moisten up downstairs!
    ;)

the lotto all cash ads on radio. jesus the one with the "surprise" theme is horrible so shouty and loud, there should be complaints about that , that shoutyness is not nice at all, id say people with the likes of autism find that very painful . hate those shouting ads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Danny_B wrote:
    Which is why I am in favor of using bio-metrics for locking the phone, so nosy mammy can't peek at my phone. Or better yet...don't let the nosy cow at your phone in the first place.

Annoying ad. He looks far too old to be embarrassed by mother. Whoever produced this ad didn't really put much thought into it.

what does is girlfriend call the guy in that ad? it sounds like ROLO? how odd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

what does is girlfriend call the guy in that ad? it sounds like ROLO? how odd

Fairly sure she says Roro as his name is Ronan.

Cannot stand the ad for the Seat Tarraco. The song does my head in!!

i hate that jazz type song they play on national lottry scratch card ads, the one with the man in camouflage in park and then jumps out and dances very strangely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

The car ad where the car is being driven along a road with musical notes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That new skoda ad with yer man lying on the windscreen taking a picture of a woman in the driver's seat.

I mean, what's the ****ing point of that? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

RMAOK wrote: »
    That new skoda ad with yer man lying on the windscreen taking a picture of a woman in the driver's seat.

I mean, what's the ****ing point of that? :mad:

It's the modern trend, the snap chat era. Bunny ears, the big pointless pose. The I love myself generation. Gotta keep up with the Jones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I give Skoda a pass as they actually make an effort to make ads for Irish TV as opposed to others who just dub over people driving left hand drive cars.
    Plus the coffee order one is actually quite funny.

Advertisement