Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

Munster
    Here is Simon Zebo wearing his Dave Kearney Pajamas

jvyy3kH.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

It's amazing how something can be the best and worst Photoshop ever all St the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Don't you dare change that story. A violent gang of hornets were about to attack Cian Healy before a heroic Hayes risked the safety of his foot to swat them away.

While O'Connell spotted a mosquito on Dave Kearney's head and with no thought for his own risk of contracting malaria or even zika he swung first and asked questions later.

Truly kings among men

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster
    I admired RoG as a player but there's no doubt that post 07/08 he was only playing for Ireland because we had nobody else. He was on the decline up until '10 and then on an all out slide after that. It was telling to me that as soon as he could Kidney parachuted Sexton straight into the side even though he wasn't really ready for it. I remember the early debates of RoG v Sexton, but there really shouldn't have been one. Sexton was struggling with the mantle of Irish 10 but RoG was just done as a top level international yet kept on because Paddy was still a nipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Clegg wrote: »
    I admired RoG as a player but there's no doubt that post 07/08 he was only playing for Ireland because we had nobody else. He was on the decline up until '10 and then on an all out slide after that. It was telling to me that as soon as he could Kidney parachuted Sexton straight into the side even though he wasn't really ready for it. I remember the early debates of RoG v Sexton, but there really shouldn't have been one. Sexton was struggling with the mantle of Irish 10 but RoG was just done as a top level international yet kept on because Paddy was still a nipper.

What? We won the 6 nations in 2009 with ROG as the top points scorer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster
    It was telling to me that as soon as he could Kidney parachuted Sexton straight into the side even though he wasn't really ready for it.

We have very different memories of that time :confused:

Munster
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    We have very different memories of that time :confused:

Against SA in the November Internationals. Won man of the match that day iirc but struggled after that. Maybe it was a case of the national team doing poorly overall, but his performances for Ireland weren't anywhere near as good as his Leinster ones. I don't think he really settled into the position until 2012.

Munster
    waraf wrote: »

God, I specifically remember him having a poor time from the boot that championship but I suppose that's mostly based on the England match.

LvM just isn't the same since those days.

Munster
    waraf wrote: »

He was dire against England and Wales.

Munster
    Against SA in the November Internationals. Won man of the match that day iirc but struggled after that. Maybe it was a case of the national team doing poorly overall, but his performances for Ireland weren't anywhere near as good as his Leinster ones. I don't think he really settled into the position until 2012.

I'm not denying his occasional struggles - I'm questioning your assertion that Kidney parachuted him in as soon as possible because that's the exact opposite of what happened as far as I remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    I'm not denying his occasional struggles - I'm questioning your assertion that Kidney parachuted him in as soon as possible because that's the exact opposite of what happened as far as I remember it.

He didn't parachute him in but he did drop ROG for him in 2009 right after winning a grand slam, only a few months after that Munster semi final, which was pretty decisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/guinness-pro12-leinster-rugby-v-dublin-10-08-2016/event/18005103EE715E53?artistid=33312&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=225

Lots of tickets left. I think charging €60 for Block 128 for example is a tenner too expensive. For the reverse fixture €50 gets you a top seat. Add in the 10% charge of course. :rolleyes:

Munster
    He didn't parachute him in but he did drop ROG for him in 2009 right after winning a grand slam, only a few months after that Munster semi final, which was pretty decisive.

He didn't drop him. He gave Sexton the game against South Africa and ROG the game against Australia and then moved back to ROG for the 6N til he managed to get himself actually dropped. Though, miraculously, that wasn't the last of him getting the starting job again. It was the furthest thing from decisive possible.

Feels more like a Leinster v Munster game now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    He didn't drop him. He gave Sexton the game against South Africa and ROG the game against Australia and then moved back to ROG for the 6N til he managed to get himself actually dropped. Though, miraculously, that wasn't the last of him getting the starting job again. It was the furthest thing from decisive possible.

Feels more like a Leinster v Munster game now :D

Sexton started two games in a row in the Autumn (against Fiji as well) and then injured himself before the 2010 6 Nations. Kidney certainly flipped between the two for a while afterwards but he didn't have much of a choice there (other than Paddy Wallace again)

Munster
    Sexton started two games in a row in the Autumn (against Fiji as well) and then injured himself before the 2010 6 Nations. Kidney certainly flipped between the two for a while afterwards but he didn't have much of a choice there (other than Paddy Wallace again)

Look, the key point here is that I was mad at the time and without being able to remember any specifics now, I can only assume I was right at the time.

And yeah, it's not looking great for numbers. Presume it will still generate extra profit over the RDS but I'd really like them to change up the opposition for the Lansdowne game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

Officials for Saturday
    At Aviva Stadium, 2.05pm. Live on Sky Sports and TG4
    Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 45th competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Stuart Gaffikin, Richard Kerr (both IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU)
    TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

I don't rate him but I hope he proves me wrong.

• Administrators Posts: 53,561 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why on earth does this game have an all IRFU refereeing ticket.

Munster
    awec wrote: »

So that if it gets out of line nobody gets long term bans.

Like that time Dave Kearney headbutted POC's foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

The team that scores the most points
    Just so that it isnt just Leinster fanbois posting videos, heres some real pashuuunnn

:D:D:D

Munster
    Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Just so that it isnt just Leinster fanbois posting videos, heres some real pashuuunnn

:D:D:D

Oh the sweet smell of failure. (your ninja edit was too slow, Zebo-esque!)

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    I could watch the ROG pass to Drico on repeat for days.

He keeps doing it over and over and over

1475595559428872.gif?1475595574

147559569942880.gif?1475595711

1475595759428885.gif?1475595764

Munster
    He keeps doing it over and over and over

1475595559428872.gif?1475595574
    147559569942880.gif?1475595711
    1475595759428885.gif?1475595764

Sigh. Unzips pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will someone add David Wilkinson to the poll as both sides will lose with him officiating!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Munster
    I wouldn't be enough of an expert in the scrum to point the finger at Cronin, but even if he is a weak scrummager, he still has to start so long as Tracy's throwing is a huge issue (which it is). D Ryan would have a field day against him.

Cronin to start, Tracy to bench, Leinster fans to continue to wonder what the story with Strauss is.

What's the story with Strauss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

awec wrote: »

Well Alain Rolland has retired, it was the best the Leinster branch could come up with

:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Quint2010 wrote: »
    What's the story with Strauss?

He does a mean waltz?

Munster
    Getting closer to match day now. Have 4 jerseys ready, folded and ironed, 3 Leinster and 1 Munster (though the Munster jersey folded and ironed itself under the sheer weight of pashun #SUAF #bestfans_in_theworld #except4keatley).

Anyway, I found this little chestnut whilst perusing youtube videos, yet another thumping of Munster by Leinster in "fortress" Thomond (lol). Skip ahead to minute 3 and take a look at the expression on Paulie's face. It's not his normal resting angry face, it's a different kind of angry, an almost jealous angry.

I had to go back and look to see what led upto this and after spending some time on the RTE player, in the lead up to this incident Zebo and Dave Kearney were involved in a sprint for the ball and Dave got there first.

Therefore, I can only surmise that Paul O'Connell intentionally kicked Dave in the head because he was annoyed after he found out that

Dave Kearney is faster than Simon Zebo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

147566015242889.gif?1475660180

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement