Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Munster
    I'm finding it hard to work up much enthusiasm for this game - usually one of the high points of my rugby year - especially as it overlaps with the All Blacks vs Boks game. Already working hard to persuade my local friendly publican to let me have the All Blacks on in the smoking area. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CharlieClarke

They did fine against Edinburgh, but Munster's scrum are on a different level to Edinburgh. They did not do fine last weekend and putting all the blame at Bent's feet is misplaced.

It's nothing to do with a vendetta. No idea where you're getting that from. Wanting a player to start over another doesn't mean you have any problem at all with the other guy. Cronin is better off the bench than Tracy while Tracy is particularly strong in the one area where I think the Munster pack can really challenge us.
    Edinburgh had the full Scottish front row starting along with 2/3 internationals for the Ospreys...No substance behind your logic Bucs
    All you do is slate cronins ability, if you have a little sift thru your past posts it's a common theme
    How has Tracy shown himself to be the new Bismark Du Plessis of scrummaging all of a sudden
    He's been decent at scrum time, nothing more
    Darts aren't great, and you'll probably tell me his carrying game is better than cronins next

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Edinburgh had the full Scottish front row starting along with 2/3 internationals for the Ospreys...No substance behind your logic Bucs
    All you do is slate cronins ability, if you have a little sift thru your past posts it's a common theme
    How has Tracy shown himself to be the new Bismark Du Plessis of scrummaging all of a sudden
    He's been decent at scrum time, nothing more
    Darts aren't great, and you'll probably tell me his carrying game is better than cronins next

OK, that's all I do so ;)

I think Cronin is a good player, but I don't think he's good enough to be guaranteed a starting place. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

The team that scores the most points
    OK, that's all I do so ;)

I think Cronin is a good player, but I don't think he's good enough to be guaranteed a starting place. Sorry.

Good rugby player, not a very good hooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Munster
    Good rugby player, not a very good hooker.

He doesn't seem to have any wish to hook the ball in the scrum. Apart from that, he is very good and has great wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Can't wait for Saturday and my €10 tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Munster
    mansize wrote: »
    Can't wait for Saturday and my €10 tickets!!

Don't forget that luscious administration fee. €12 euro tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Where are these €10 tickets for? Up with the pigeons or decent seats? Working Friday night but might take the spin up.. I'm a bit more optimistic now with the Leinster injury news :)

Munster
    leakyboots wrote: »
    Where are these €10 tickets for? Up with the pigeons or decent seats?

Mine were row S so a fair bit higher than this, but the same block (this is row E).

Seat%20514%20Row%20E_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

molloyjh wrote: »
    Honestly, whoever in the IRFU thought that this game in Chicago was a good idea needs their head examined.

i reckon it was the accountant anyway $$$$

• Advertisement

Munster
    Another day, another opportunity to give this encounter a little more bite.

Exhibit A at 2:35

Notice that when both at full pace, Kirchner is in fact faster than Zebo even with ball in hand.

Here comes the salt, I have it on good authority that Dave Kearney is marginally faster than Kirchner over 60m.

Dave Kearney is faster than Simon Zebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

While clearly untrue, at least it would make one thing that Dave Kearney is better than Zebo at. Ignoring being related to Rob and knocking us out of the RWC, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Munster
    Another day, another opportunity to give this encounter a little more bite.

Exhibit A at 2:35

Notice that when both at full pace, Kirchner is in fact faster than Zebo even with ball in hand.

Here comes the salt, I have it on good authority that Dave Kearney is marginally faster than Kirchner over 60m.

Awful attempt at a tackle from Earls in that video. Either try to stop a try or don't but that attempt was face-saving at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster
    Wahey lads. Now we're sucking diesel.

Let's lay into RoG for knocking us out of the 07 world cup.

Munster
    While clearly untrue, at least it would make one thing that Dave Kearney is better than Zebo at. Ignoring being related to Rob and knocking us out of the RWC, of course.

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Munster
    Clegg wrote: »

And 2011, don't forget that.

Munster
    Clegg wrote: »

Don't forget the Lions tour he lost also.

Edit: Here he is, ignoring a call from the sideline to take it into contact kicking it and then giving away a penalty by just running into a SA player. Ended the tour as a contest in one massive failure.

Munster
    And that cross field kick that went backwards agains Scotland that sealed the deal on his Irish career.

Munster
    Not to mention him single handedly losing that unimportant semi final in 2009 either.

Munster
    Not to mention him single handedly losing that unimportant semi final in 2009 either.

I could watch the ROG pass to Drico on repeat for days.

• Advertisement

Munster
    Teferi wrote: »
    I could watch the ROG pass to Drico on repeat for days.

It really was weighted perfectly, some precision that ROG had off that hand. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Dave Kearney isn't above international standard.

Munster
    Interestingly, and not to open the Sexton v O'Gara can of worms. Well, actually exactly to open the Sexton V O'Gara can of worms, but Sexton is actually a considerably better kicker than O'Gara:

http://linebreakrugby.com/2016/06/rugby-kicking-stats/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster
    Johnny Sexton has the joint highest success rate down to the decimal place of all the kickers I’ve assessed.

Gotta say, I find that surprising. Guess all kickers go through rough patches, his were unfortunately just at a very prominent time.

Munster
    Dave Kearney taught Neil Back how to strip a ball from a scrum half's hands.

Sexton cost Ireland that 'called off' game.

Munster
    Cian Healy was wearing a fake eyebrow and blood patch when John Hayes stood nowhere near him.

Cian Healy was wearing a fake eyebrow and blood patch when John Hayes stood nowhere near him.

Don't you dare change that story. A violent gang of hornets were about to attack Cian Healy before a heroic Hayes risked the safety of his foot to swat them away.

Munster
    Ben Betts can't spell real good, and is in England by mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Munster
    Teferi wrote: »
    And that cross field kick that went backwards agains Scotland that sealed the deal on his Irish career.
    Don't forget the Lions tour he lost also.

Edit: Here he is, ignoring a call from the sideline to take it into contact kicking it and then giving away a penalty by just running into a SA player. Ended the tour as a contest in one massive failure.
    And 2011, don't forget that.

He really was rubbish wasn't he.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement