Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Rob Kearney hasn't been ruled out yet, he's going to be assessed later in the week.

WTS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Munster
    Rob Kearney hasn't been ruled out yet, he's going to be assessed later in the week.

From the other thread:
    Leinster's Fergus McFadden has suffered another injury set-back ahead of this weekend's interprovincial clash against Munster at the Aviva Stadium.

And there was further bad news for Leinster HQ yesterday as both Kearney brothers were officially ruled out of action this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ideal preparations for this game :mad:
    Rúaidhrí O'Connor ‏@RuaidhriOC 1h1 hour ago
    Provincial preparations disrupted by a one-day Ireland camp. Munster have 10 players away today and aren't doing an on-pitch session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Munster
    phog wrote: »
    And if they weren't picked?

But yes, it's stupid timing for the weekend that's in it.

phog wrote: »

Honestly, whoever in the IRFU thought that this game in Chicago was a good idea needs their head examined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster
    I suppose at least with the week that's in it it affects both teams equally. You do wonder how beneficial the one-day get-together really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »
    Honestly, whoever in the IRFU thought that this game in Chicago was a good idea needs their head examined.

Is this anything to do with Chicago specifically? They have had one day camps during the club periods all the time.

Is this anything to do with Chicago specifically? They have had one day camps during the club periods all the time.

I don't remember them having one this week before though. This week is a pretty big week with the inter-pro building to the start of the European campaign. Both squads will be looking to field full teams this week for potentially the first time this season etc.

Now if this is part of Joe announcing his decision to stay and we all hear about it later today/tomorrow then all is forgiven......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Now if this is part of Joe announcing his decision to stay and we all hear about it later today/tomorrow then all is forgiven......

Or a chance to say goodbye....

I don't remember them having one this week before though. This week is a pretty big week with the inter-pro building to the start of the European campaign. Both squads will be looking to field full teams this week for potentially the first time this season etc.

I'm certain they have had one day camps before interpros, maybe it's during the Christmas period I'm thinking of.

As for 'Is Chicago a good idea', I'm sure it's a good money spinner and I hope the players get a cut somehow! I doubt anyone that plays 40 minutes plus will appear at all against Canada. From a fan's point of view, it's something a bit different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    From the other thread:

I don't know where that text came from but anything I've read (RTE, irishtimes.com) says that RK's rehab is continuing and he's still in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The team that scores the most points
    Why oh gods name is it a 2:05 KO?..

Surely 3 would have made sense If they wanted afternoon that badly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

Munster
    I don't know where that text came from but anything I've read (RTE, irishtimes.com) says that RK's rehab is continuing and he's still in contention.

Yep, can't remember where I read it but it def said Rob was expected back training this week

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    LostArt wrote: »
    Yep, can't remember where I read it but it def said Rob was expected back training this week

No idea where that quote is from but Gerry Thornley and Murray Kinsella today both suggesting Henshaw should be available and RK/SOB both stand a decent chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    Why oh gods name is it a 2:05 KO?..

Surely 3 would have made sense If they wanted afternoon that badly..

Sky are showing the Super League final. Maybe could have had it 3pm alright but that's why it's an afternoon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CharlieClarke

You seem to have an incredible vendetta against Cronin
    Leinster scrum bossed the Ospreys last week with him in it and solid against Edinburgh
    You're deluded pointing all the blame at him, a man called michael bent was at TH against Cardiff along with a second row who hadn't played a pro game in 2 years
    Cronin is number 1 at the moment, miles ahead of Tracy, wide up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

You seem to have an incredible vendetta against Cronin
    Leinster scrum bossed the Ospreys last week with him in it and solid against Edinburgh
    You're deluded pointing all the blame at him, a man called michael bent was at TH against Cardiff along with a second row who hadn't played a pro game in 2 years
    Cronin is number 1 at the moment, miles ahead of Tracy, wide up

were we watching the same game?

Munster
    ec18 wrote: »

Cardiff was last week where the scrum struggled, we were quite good against Ospreys though. Didn't let their forwards breath the entire game.

ec18 wrote: »
    Did you miss the penalty try near their posts that we got from our scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

From The 42

LEINSTER WILL HAVE to plan without Fergus McFadden (thigh) and Dave Kearney (ankle) for the Guinness Pro12 inter-provincial clash with Munster at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday.
    However, Robbie Henshaw is in line to feature for the first time in blue having recovered from a knee injury sustain during Ireland’s summer tour of South Africa.
    Rob Kearney and Sean O’Brien are also back on the training pitch this week, though it remains to be seen if they’ll be fit in time for selection.

• Advertisement

Given the injury news today:
    Colm O'Shea and Andrew Conway (both concussion) will complete their return to play protocols this week while Rory Scannell and Jack O'Donoghue (both neck) will return to full training.

Scannell, Conway and JOD might be available?

Munster
    Did you miss the penalty try near their posts that we got from our scrum

That was while Ospreys had reduced numbers with their tighthead in the sin bin.

Ospreys scrum isn't a threat though. Munsters' very much is a threat and it may be a personal thing for some involved. It would have nothing to do with Cronin no longer being first choice, selections are based on games not some imaginary hierarchy.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Or a chance to say goodbye....

Shut. Your. Mouth. :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

All about the money, money, money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

God the fizz has really gone out of this fixture over the past few years, since O Gara, O Driscoll, O Connell retired and there not being a bastard on the field like Hines , Flannery etc we really are very boring now.
    Was at Thomond a few weeks back and it was depressing really to see. Irish rugby needs guys like O Mahony, Sean O Brien, Zebo, Cian Healy - in this fixture.

That was while Ospreys had reduced numbers with their tighthead in the sin bin.

Ospreys scrum isn't a threat though. Munsters' very much is a threat and it may be a personal thing for some involved. It would have nothing to do with Cronin no longer being first choice, selections are based on games not some imaginary hierarchy.
    Come on Irish Bucs fan, they got the penalty try in fairness to you, they were down to 14 men
    But week before did well against Edinburgh, and backed it up against Ospreys
    Cronin was part of scrum that played in thomond last Christmas that dominated Munster and won a few penalties
    You're vendetta against the lad is strange, he seems to do nothing right in the Irish Bucs eyes???!!!

Munster
    Come on Irish Bucs fan, they got the penalty try in fairness to you, they were down to 14 men
    But week before did well against Edinburgh, and backed it up against Ospreys
    Cronin was part of scrum that played in thomond last Christmas that dominated Munster and won a few penalties
    You're vendetta against the lad is strange, he seems to do nothing right in the Irish Bucs eyes???!!!

They did fine against Edinburgh, but Munster's scrum are on a different level to Edinburgh. They did not do fine last weekend and putting all the blame at Bent's feet is misplaced.

It's nothing to do with a vendetta. No idea where you're getting that from. Wanting a player to start over another doesn't mean you have any problem at all with the other guy. Cronin is better off the bench than Tracy while Tracy is particularly strong in the one area where I think the Munster pack can really challenge us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Not enough salt eh?

Might be a month too early, so I'd expect Leinster to win at home. But TBH munster will physically beat the sh1te out of them and what are the ladyboys without sh1te? Nuttin that's what!

Not enough salt eh?

Might be a month too early, so I'd expect Leinster to win at home. But TBH munster will physically beat the sh1te out of them and what are the ladyboys without sh1te? Nuttin that's what!

That's fightin' talk! I'll tweet that to Dan Leavy now so he can pin it up in the dressing room all week. He'll come out and batter ye single handedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Not as optimistic about our scrum with Kleyn out, he's been a great addition in that department and Holland won't bring the same power.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement