Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    Would be a bad call, he's been better than both this season.

Blah blah experience.

Ruddock has hardly played this season, Murphy has been in great form. I'd be glad to see Leavy play, just don't think he will.

Besides, we'll need all our experience to counter the big cheating bastards on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

leakyboots wrote: »
    I'd say it's Heaslip who has to be worried about Stander, not Leavy/VdF

Sure don't we all remember what happened the last time we heard that....

http://www.the42.ie/munster-leinster-match-report-27-december-2520838-Dec2015/
    Jamie Heaslip was masterful at number eight

And not a mention of Stander at all....

Munster
    molloyjh wrote: »

Here he is crying and talking about himself at length after his cameo off the bench in our win against Australia:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Munster
    This place has changed. About 5 years ago we'd have trolling and banning left, right and centre in this thread. I guess it's a bit like D'arcy's comment about it being about the rugby now. Whatever about the match, I think the level of discourse here is far more pleasant than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Munster

We've been hearing this from down south literally every year, with different protagonists. He's had to look out for Cawlin, he's had to look out for POM, he's had to look out for Leamy, he's had to look out for Stander.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

The team that scores the most points
    We've been hearing this from down south literally every year, with different protagonists. He's had to look out for Cawlin, he's had to look out for POM, he's had to look out for Leamy, he's had to look out for Stander.

It depends what you look for in a number 8. If you want a world-class carrier who is excellent off the base of a scrum, you opt for Stander. If you want a well rounded backrower who doesn't excel at any aspects and has a very good understanding with the coach, you opt for Heaslip.

Munster

It's like rugby's version of "Watch out Beadles about" with a different player each season.

Munster
    It depends what you look for in a number 8. If you want a world-class carrier who is excellent off the base of a scrum, you opt for Stander. If you want a well rounded backrower who doesn't excel at any aspects, you opt for Heaslip.

Ha ha - and you were saying Darcy was a bit like Conor George!

It depends what you look for in a number 8. If you want a world-class carrier who is excellent off the base of a scrum, you opt for Stander. If you want a well rounded backrower who doesn't excel at any aspects, you opt for Heaslip.

His defensive work and control at the base of the scrum are 2 things that leap to mind that he excels at. That he is as well rounded as he is and has no real appreciable weaknesses in itself is huge. I'm sure you didn't mean to undersell the guy though while using the term "world-class" for Stander.

Also, is Standers carrying really "world class"? Has he been as destructive as SOB or Healy in their pomp?

Munster
    Also, is Standers carrying really "world class"? Has he been as destructive as SOB or Healy in their pomp?

He has and he gets 100 extra destructive points because he's from Munster so he's actually way more destructive than both of them. Combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Trojan wrote: »
    This place has changed. About 5 years ago we'd have trolling and banning left, right and centre in this thread. I guess it's a bit like D'arcy's comment about it being about the rugby now. Whatever about the match, I think the level of discourse here is far more pleasant than it was.

Shut up.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He didn't mean to say Stander is a class carrier.

He meant to say Stander is an ass harrier:

<fighter jet noises>

kycmczNDE64a2z9rR1HW2tixwELa-gcH.jpg?20160611171453

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

You only have to go to May old bean, I seem to recall CJ outplaying him in a narrow loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Neil3030 wrote: »
    He didn't mean to say Stander is a class carrier.

He meant to say Stander is an ass harrier:

<fighter jet noises>

kycmczNDE64a2z9rR1HW2tixwELa-gcH.jpg?20160611171453

Jamie Kneeslip :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

ireland lost without heaslip
    ireland won without stander

go figure :cool:

Munster
    You only have to go to May old bean, I seem to recall CJ outplaying him in a narrow loss.

I'd be interested to know specifically what you recall about that game. Do you recall Stander making less metres than Heaslip? Because that happened. Do you recall him making half the number of tackles Heaslip did? Because that happened too.

How did he outplay him? Other than being from Munster.

Not sure that's what happened, but after the game in Thomond the talk about Stander ahead of the Aviva game (in April) wasn't as prevalent. Soz...

Munster
    I wonder can I find a photo anywhere of Stander wearing Jamie Heaslip pyjamas...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It depends what you look for in a number 8.

"who doesn't excel at any aspects".

Jesus even by your standards that is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I wonder can I find a photo anywhere of Stander wearing Jamie Heaslip pyjamas...

Does Stander sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Trojan wrote: »

Mods are just better these days is all.

Can any season ticket holders please help - if I have 2 season tickets, but would rather sit in another (cheaper) area of the Aviva than the one I've been allocated, to be with a group of other people, is that possible to do officially somehow?

Munster
    Can any season ticket holders please help - if I have 2 season tickets, but would rather sit in another (cheaper) area of the Aviva than the one I've been allocated, to be with a group of other people, is that possible to do officially somehow?

It was but it's too late now. There was the option to create a group of STHs who would all sit together.

It was but it's too late now. There was the option to create a group of STHs who would all sit together.

Well the others still need to buy tickets, they are not season ticket holders.

Not sure there is anything you can do I'm afraid. You'd have to buy the cheaper ticket and sell your ST one.

Munster

In that case I guess not no other than buy another ticket.

Not sure there is anything you can do I'm afraid. You'd have to buy the cheaper ticket and sell your ST one.

Thanks, final question - what's the policy on babies in arms, is it allowed and is there a section of the stadium recommended for same?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Thanks, final question - what's the policy on babies in arms, is it allowed and is there a section of the stadium recommended for same?

Are you intending to throw said baby onto the pitch at any point during the game?

Are you intending to throw said baby onto the pitch at any point during the game?

Only if she starts cheering for Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Only if she starts cheering for Munster.

Would makinge a joke about babies crying and Munster fans sounding alike be going too far?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement