Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Would makinge a joke about babies crying and Munster fans sounding alike be going too far?

What is the difference between a Munster fan and a crying baby?

The baby isn't able to get up and leave 10 minutes before the end of the game when their team is losing

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

The team that scores the most points
    This really is a Leinster echo chamber with the odd absolute loon/wum from munster

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This really is a Leinster echo chamber with the odd absolute loon/wum from munster

For the record this is all good natured banter driven by comments earlier in the week about a lack of bite to this one. We're just having a bit of craic.

Munster
    Would makinge a joke about babies crying and Munster fans sounding alike be going too far?

The baby is just "sarcastically" crying...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

319073031_a5043c89be.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Munster
    I saw that. Its a pity that he can't shed the blue goggles.

He has the ability to be a pretty good journalist, but he's currently just another Conor George.

This chap accusing anyone else of being biased is the highlight of the thread. Hands down funniest post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Teferi wrote: »
    This chap accusing anyone else of being biased is the highlight of the thread. Hands down funniest post.

Pot..... kettle

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster

To be fair, D'Arcy is a bit much at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Munster
    Pot..... kettle

:D

You, of all people, getting involved in this shows a massive lack of self awareness anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

You, of all people, getting involved in this shows a massive lack of self awareness anyway :D

Comedy gold dude. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Jesus it's like a school playground in here.

Get back to the match lads. Any more personal attacks will be a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    To be fair, D'Arcy is a bit much at times.

He's not.

He writes lengthy articles which go into great detail, draw on his vast experience and are usually very balanced.

But what happens is that people are too lazy to read the whole thing and just scan it for the two sentences they want to get outraged over. They expect him to be biased and that's all they want to see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster
    He's not.

He writes lengthy articles which go into great detail, draw on his vast experience and are usually very balanced.

But what happens is that people are too lazy to read the whole thing and just scan it for the two sentences they want to get outraged over. They expect him to be biased and that's all they want to see.

Yeah, that's exactly what I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yeah, that's exactly what I do

I didn't mean you, fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Don don don! Salty enough for ye yet bois?!!

Knock-on scrum five!

Don don don! Salty enough for ye yet bois?!!

Knock-on scrum five!

Haha, that'd be a yellow and a PT in most people's book. First contact was to the jaw 2-3m out from the line. No question TOL got very lucky that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Munster
    I've just gotten around to reading D'Arcy's article in full. You'd have to be semi literate at best to think it bears any resemblance to anything Conor George could ever write.

I was actually are the game in 2007 he mentions, Luke Fitz came on and created a try from nothing. I've never been so cold and wet at a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Munster
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Haha, that'd be a yellow and a PT in most people's book. First contact was to the jaw 2-3m out from the line. No question TOL got very lucky that day.

It was bizarre, especially with the benefit of a TV replay that the refs had. It's one of those decisions where you wonder if the refs are watching the same game or some parallel universe.

Still, happily it had absolutely no bearing on the result.

Munster
    Well well gents. This thread has certainly developed a bit of bite the last few days, I think it's perhaps time that we allow things to simmer a little bit before the match thread tomorrow and calm the heated discussion before anyone else gets compared to Conor George.

In keeping with this, I'd like to revisit an interesting little incident from 2009 that some recently uncovered new information may shed some light upon.

Exhibit B:

Exhibit B is a small snipit from the 2009 humiliation of the Pashun Mongers by the Ladyboys in a 30 - 0 thrashing in the RDS (yes that's correct, Munster - nil póint).

While the first half was all smiles and tackles and kind gestures, the second half was off to a violent start when upon 53 minutes John Hayes channelled his inner Mike Brown and stamped on Cian Healys eye multiple times.

Totally out of character.

So why did it happen? Well as I said, some new information has refreshed a memory that I think explains why the Bull saw red. As many of you know at half time in the RDS there are often junior and schools teams out to play for 10 minutes in front of the crowd. I was at this match and Leinser held an underage and development talent showcase event where top players from both provinces from schools to academy equivalent age lined up for an 80m race.

Dave Kearney was first home followed by Andrew Conway and in 3rd place was a young lad from Cork called Simon Zebo. With this new information it is clear that Hayes went nuts after he found out that:

Dave Kearney is faster than Simon Zebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Franno in the Indo reckons that the Munster backrow of POM/TOD/Stander is the strongest in the country. He also appears to indicate that with Tyler fit, Munster have the better half-backs too.

• Advertisement

Franno in the Indo reckons that the Munster backrow of POM/TOD/Stander is the strongest in the country. He also appears to indicate that with Tyler fit, Munster have the better half-backs too.

Munster a screwed so.

Thanks Franno! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

POM/TOD/Stander is potentially the best in Europe. 3 players in their prime.

I'm not sure on Bleyendaal just yet.

Munster
    Surely that backrow needs work?

POM/TOD/STD

CJS? STR?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Franno up to his old tricks again. Its a ****ty day in Leinster when they have to get their own journos to write the pin on the dressing room door articles.

Quick someone get on to Donal Lenihan, we need another one down in munster stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster
    Munster's backrow might shade Leinster's but there's a gaping chasm between the respective 10's. Sexton is superior in every aspect.

Also Leinster have huge strength in depth in the backrow right now that one of Ruddock, Murphy or Leavy could slot in at 6 or 7 and wouldn't hinder the side in the slightest. Leinster's bench may be the winning of the game for them. There's lots of quality in the forwards there.

Munster
    All fit and firing I'd take "SOB / VDF / Heaslip" over "POM / TOD / Stander" any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Tasty clash in the backrow alright. I don't think POM and TOD are fully up to speed yet, I'd think POM won't start to be honest.

Stat:
    Since the professional era, there has been 42 games between the 2 provinces, 20 wins each and two drawn games.

Leinster have 45 wins to Munsters 41 since 1946

Leinster have the better tight 5, are pretty close in the back row, have the better half backs and both sets of outside backs are relatively evenly matched. Leinsters bench should be far superior up front though. If forwards decide who wins games then Leinster surely have the edge?

• Administrators Posts: 53,561 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hopefully the two teams put on a better show than last season's dour rugby league fest we had to endure in Lansdowne Road.

• Advertisement

Munster
    Of the last 10 games, Munster have 3 wins, Leinster 7.

Year Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 L M D
    2000/01 Leinster 16 Munster 16 Munster 26 Leinster 20 1 1
    2001/02 Leinster 24 Munster 20 (CL Final) Munster 6 Leinster 6 1 1
    2002/03 no matches
    2003/04 Leinster 8 Munster 15 Munster 24 Leinster 13 2
    2004/05 Leinster 17 Munster 15 Munster 19 Leinster 13 Leinster 17 Munster 23 1 2
    2005/06 Munster 33 Leinster 9 Leinster 35 Munster 23 Leinster 6 Munster 30 1 2
    2006/07 Leinster 27 Munster 20 Munster 25 Leinster 11 1 1
    2007/08 Munster 3 Leinster 10 Leinster 21 Munster 12 2 0
    2008/09 Leinster 0 Munster 18 Munster 22 Leinster 5 Munster 6 Leinster 25 1 2
    2009/10 Leinster 30 Munster 0 Munster 15 Leinster 16 Leinster 16 Munster 6 3 0
    2010/11 Leinster 13 Munster 9 Munster 24 Leinster 23 Munster 19 Leinster 9 1 2
    2011/12 Leinster 24 Munster 19 Munster 9 Leinster 18 2 0
    2012/13 Leinster 30 Munster 21 Munster 16 Leinster 22 2 0
    2013/14 Munster 19 Leinster 15 Leinster 22 Munster 18 1 1
    2014/15 Leinster 23 Munster 34 Munster 28 Leinster 13 0 2
    2015/16 Munster 7 Leinster 24 Leinster 16 Munster 13 2 0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement