Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would McAFee not want big bucks?

I wonder how much Bunny and Logan cost for WM, Bunny did deliver

Im sure both were paid decent money, Logan and Bunny..... but with Bunny being a fan he probaly didnt do it for the money.

Pat seems similar, hes a fan and gets it, Id say he enjoys it so much that big bucks may not be an issue. But I really dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Joe wants to wrestle, WWE wont clear him. I imagine WWE may have let him go to peruse his chances of wrestling else where.

Im a big Joe fan, he probably has some left in the tank but his body may not take much more punishment.

Why wouldn't WWE clear him? Concussions? Used sparingly he could be a real asset to AEW or impact as a wrestler.

kksaints wrote: »
    Why wouldn't WWE clear him? Concussions? Used sparingly he could be a real asset to AEW or impact as a wrestler.

Im unsure why precisely , he has had a few concussions in his WWE run, so its likely that.

If they wont clear him, its likely because they see a big risk if he has a bad bump or injury. Even if its 1 match, why risk it. They may be doing Joe a favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

Im unsure why precisely , he has had a few concussions in his WWE run, so its likely that.

If they wont clear him, its likely because they see a big risk if he has a bad bump or injury. Even if its 1 match, why risk it. They may be doing Joe a favor.

Pity. Was he much good as a commentator? I don't think I heard him at all.

kksaints wrote: »
    Pity. Was he much good as a commentator? I don't think I heard him at all.

Its hard to tell how good he was. He wasnt bad, but he appeared to be doing what he was told on Raw rather than be himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Didn't Michael Cole tear into Pat McAfee at Wrestlemania for dressing in shorts?

McAfee went on that he didn't care that he'd pretty much walked away from the NFL for more money than this. Once he gets micromanaged to death at the commentary table reckon he'll walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ThePott wrote: »
    Didn't Michael Cole tear into Pat McAfee at Wrestlemania for dressing in shorts?

McAfee went on that he didn't care that he'd pretty much walked away from the NFL for more money than this. Once he gets micromanaged to death at the commentary table reckon he'll walk.

McAfee says Cole ratted him out to Vince about his attire but when Vince saw it he said he liked it.

Big Mr. Smithers energy radiates off Cole.

J. Marston wrote: »
    McAfee says Cole ratted him out to Vince about his attire but when Vince saw it he said he liked it.

Big Mr. Smithers energy radiates off Cole.

Totally......

Cole : I hate Shorts

McMahon : How would you like it, if I strutted around her in tights shorts, showing my skin for all to see from the thigh down?

Cole : If you did it Sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe wants to wrestle, WWE wont clear him. I imagine WWE may have let him go to peruse his chances of wrestling else where.

Im a big Joe fan, he probably has some left in the tank but his body may not take much more punishment.

What was or is Joe's injury?

I think he could really have got over as a top guy in WWE, shame

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Totally......

Cole : I hate Shorts

McMahon : How would you like it, if I strutted around her in tights shorts, showing my skin for all to see from the thigh down?

Cole : If you did it Sir?

Any day a Simpsons quote gets rolled out is a good day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What was or is Joe's injury?

I think he could really have got over as a top guy in WWE, shame

You'd wonder... How guys like Corbin can constantly thrive and guys like Joe ricochet etc remain in obscurity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Cotts72 wrote: »
    You'd wonder... How guys like Corbin can constantly thrive and guys like Joe ricochet etc remain in obscurity

Corbin has shown his versatility to be fair to him, has fulfilled many roles , can promo and I don't remember him being injured or injuring someone else either.

Also another big factor.....he is homegrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looks like Cesaro's getting the title shot at Backlash

Commander Azeez, so corny i like it

A lot of talent getting the night off

So they showed that Cesaro UFO spot 6 times.

He appears to be either going with Seth one more time at Backlash before being postioned against Roman or they are planning a 3 way at Backlash.

Id prefer the first option. Slow the build down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's by no means perfect, but Smackdown is leagues ahead of Raw. Millions of miles apart, it's like they are two seperate companies the differences are that much.

There are still the usual WWE problems - Otis and the family Ron Ron Mysterious for the 7 millionth time. Nobody cares guys, just like nobody did the last 500 times.

I thought the BelAir title celebration was awful too, why are the Street Profits trying to be the New Day? Far too similar. I also think Bianca is actually pretty poor on the mic, she's growing on me though and can go in the ring so happy enough for now.

On the flip side Roman was great as usual, and I love him not acknowledging Cesaro. Agree with Beaker, let it be a slow build. Let Cesaro beat Rollins again at... sighs... Wrestlemania Backlash (easily the most hateful PPV name in the history of WWE).
    The UFO spot is already getting annoying due to the repetitive nature of WWE programming though, the danger is that Vince gets fixated on Cesaro doing these silly spots again and drops him down the card for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone know if Cesaro did an airplane spin at Mania? Didn't see it mentioned.

Don't think Pat liked his chair. He was standing a lot.

I'm sure Street Profits will now be entitled to another rematch for some reason.

What are they building to for Sonya and Adam, with the way she's cut him off and making decisions?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone know if Cesaro did an airplane spin at Mania? Didn't see it mentioned.

Don't think Pat liked his chair. He was standing a lot.

I'm sure Street Profits will now be entitled to another rematch for some reason.

What are they building to for Sonya and Adam, with the way she's cut him off and making decisions?

They probably have no clue now, build it up and then forget about it in 4 weeks.

Necro wrote: »
    It's by no means perfect, but Smackdown is leagues ahead of Raw. Millions of miles apart, it's like they are two seperate companies the differences are that much.

There are still the usual WWE problems - Otis and the family Ron Ron Mysterious for the 7 millionth time. Nobody cares guys, just like nobody did the last 500 times.

I thought the BelAir title celebration was awful too, why are the Street Profits trying to be the New Day? Far too similar. I also think Bianca is actually pretty poor on the mic, she's growing on me though and can go in the ring so happy enough for now.

On the flip side Roman was great as usual, and I love him not acknowledging Cesaro. Agree with Beaker, let it be a slow build. Let Cesaro beat Rollins again at... sighs... Wrestlemania Backlash (easily the most hateful PPV name in the history of WWE).
    The UFO spot is already getting annoying due to the repetitive nature of WWE programming though, the danger is that Vince gets fixated on Cesaro doing these silly spots again and drops him down the card for them.

Id rather see WWE mention it more without showing it, like have McAffee blurt it out from time to time to show how gobsmacked he was rather than showing it time after time.

With WWEs deep roster, surely they can show us more than the ssme tag match ups each week. So much talent just on the sidelines

• Advertisement

Referring to it as the UFO was stupid as well. Like everyone knows it was Seth Rollins. What part was unidentified?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Necro wrote: »

I find Bianca quite boring to be honest. Very good in the ring but the overly earnest babyface doesn't work for her, and I wasn't a fan of the kid whipping her hair gimmick either.

As I said elsewhere, I look at Bianca and Rhea and there's no feud that immediately jumps out that I want to see. Bayley/Bianca maybe but they have already done it. Becky/Rhea as well, but the problem is that I'd like to see Bayley and Becky go over in such feuds. Not a good sign.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogan slamming Andre
    Stone cold, blood dripping down his face.
    Rock and Hogan.
    Cesaro spinning a guy on his shoulders.

Listen, I’m thrilled it’s Cesaro getting the push but they really were selling that UFO spot like it was iconic, and while it’s cool, it’s not THAT cool. It’s typical WWE oversellin stuff now.

Still, I’m not sure if it’s a simple two hours rather than a bloated three, but SD is so much easier to consume.

I also will say, while I don’t think the celebration segment itself was amazing, Montez Ford screams superstar too me. Just a fantastic look, charisma, a super smooth frog splash. I really hope he gets a rocket strapped to him someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

What was the commentary team? Pat Mcaffe and Cole?

How did the new guy do?

McAfee seemed to be finding his feet. Some nice bits, and some where he was inaudible as if he wasn't speaking into his microphone.

He was weirdly soft spoken. I guess he had to slow himself down with Vince barking orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

McAfee seemed to be finding his feet. Some nice bits, and some where he was inaudible as if he wasn't speaking into his microphone.

He was weirdly soft spoken. I guess he had to slow himself down with Vince barking orders.

Just a 2 man team so?

Just a 2 man team so?

I was just watching the clips on YouTube but yes two man from what I could hear, weirdly subjued.

I know at least twice he shouted something like "Did you see that?!" which is annoying once but not twice.
    Another time he seemed to go on a bit longer than was meant to as Cole started talking about the next segment before he finished but Pat kept going.

WWE has made yet another change to the Raw and SmackDown rosters.

It was revealed earlier today that WWE had moved Reckoning (formerly Mia Yim) from Raw to SmackDown. POST Wrestling reported that Slapjack (previously Shane Thorne) is also going to the blue brand.

• Advertisement

So they showed that Cesaro UFO spot 6 times.

He appears to be either going with Seth one more time at Backlash before being postioned against Roman or they are planning a 3 way at Backlash.

Id prefer the first option. Slow the build down.

They should save Cesaro Vs. Reigns until Summerslam, build him up, have him rematch Rollins, take on Jey Uso too, he could be a top baby face no need for much mic work let his swinging do the talking

I wonder what now for Bryan and Edge

Advertisement