Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,180 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There some suits tbf

Rollins and Sonya Deville suit team up :P

Special mania edition of SD

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2021-04-09

The Andre the giant battle royal taking place tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Sonya in the role she has now, I'm surprised none of the women have confronted her about a decision.

whos the actual faces and heels in the Universal Title picture ? Are we to believe this is the same underdog Bryan from 2014 ?

• Advertisement

wasn't expecting them to retain thought we were getting a father and son tag title win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Oh lord, I might actually have to sit through 2 nights of natalya? I wasn't going to watch the gauntlet anyway but at least I've an excuse now....

really good promo here from Edge but you baxtard i love this video (feels a little mixed to me now)

jesus it is great though mania been main evented by 2 guys who were forced to retire

Jey Uso getting a special entrance while the rest of the rejects march to the ring for the great Andre the giant battle royal

really good promo here from Edge but you baxtard i love this video (feels a little mixed to me now)

jesus it is great though mania been main evented by 2 guys who were forced to retire

And a guy who fought leukaemia twice

Good promos from both Bryan and Edge so far

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And a guy who fought leukaemia twice

Good promos from both Bryan and Edge so far

some publicity for WWE regarding those circumstances

Jesus this battle royal is chaos but fun

jesus retribution an after thought

Jey Uso winning thus making the Roman family look strong

Decent show and great built to the universal title match

Is Edge the first active HOF to headline WM? Has others done before after being inducted?

Is Edge the first active HOF to headline WM? Has others done before after being inducted?

Goldberg headlined last year

Whoops I forgot him :o when was he inducted?

Whoops I forgot him :o when was he inducted?

Think 2017 or 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cesaro supports swinging Seth Rollins. Cesaro even released Seth Rollins, a man convicted of attempting to steal the show. Can you trust a man like Cesaro? Vote Seth Rollins for Messiah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Jey Uso winning thus making the Roman family look strong

Good to see, I'd say reward also for all the jobbing he's done to help build the main event at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Some great character work this show, Bryan and Edge were intense, Jay looked great as the whipped dog who found a bone but his owner comes and takes it away from him.

The political ad was funny, some nice shots of Rollins in there if he ever does decide to run for office :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

The 20 minute Heyman/Edge encounter on Talking Smack was enjoyable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,761 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Active HOFer. Goldberg was nearly collapsing after his match with drew a couple of months ago. Edge is one of the few HOFers who hasn’t stunk up the gaff when they’ve returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,761 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ridley wrote: »
    The 20 minute Heyman/Edge encounter on Talking Smack was enjoyable as well.

Yeah I watched it before the mania pre show and you know why is was enjoyable ? It was enjoyable because both edge and heyman can cut a promo and there was reality as part of it. Edge mentioned the smackdown six and his nine years away. It felt real because it probably was real in some form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pat McAfee and Michael Cole are the new Smackdown announce team going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pat McAfee and Michael Cole are the new Smackdown announce team going forward.

Pats great, but so was Graves until Vince got in his ear. I cant see this lasting long, Pat wont put up with the same stuff others suffer.

Coles a decent commentator when Vince or others arent feeding him and yelling in his ear. NXT UK tournie proved that. Him and Pat could be decent.

Samoa Joe could have done SD commentary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Samoa Joe could have done SD commentary

I'd imagine Joe was on wrestler wages, but WWE felt they didn't want him to wrestle any more. I'd guess he was told he could stay as a commentator on commentator wages, or he could leave to get wrestler wages elsewhere, so he chose to leave.

I'd imagine Joe was on wrestler wages, but WWE felt they didn't want him to wrestle any more. I'd guess he was told he could stay as a commentator on commentator wages, or he could leave to get wrestler wages elsewhere, so he chose to leave.

Would McAFee not want big bucks?

I wonder how much Bunny and Logan cost for WM, Bunny did deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Joe wants to wrestle, WWE wont clear him. I imagine WWE may have let him go to peruse his chances of wrestling else where.

Im a big Joe fan, he probably has some left in the tank but his body may not take much more punishment.

Advertisement