Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE has announced that Apollo Crews, with Commander Azeez in his corner, will defend the Intercontinental Championship tonight on Friday Night SmackDown. WWE did not say who would be his opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rollins is way better as a heel

Bottom right of the pic
    Wonder is he one of us ha

Jesus Nia jax vs Taminia

• Advertisement

'Champions advantage in this match, Owens will have to pin or submit the champion to win the title

No **** Michael Cole

Alistair Black is back then with a moderated gimmick

Devil's advocate sort of thing, could be cool

Daniel Bryan to Raw then, can't see Reigns dropping the title to him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, they saw my post in the Raw thread and brought back Reginald.

Thought they were just going to keep Bryan around as Cesaro's mouthpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

So Bryan might be off Smackdown. Wonder if that means Raw or even a short spell in NXT. Or just off TV until his contract is sorted.
    Here for the eventual Cesaro match though. Could do with a bit more Bianca Belair, needs some more screentime as champion.
    Black's segment was interesting, not fully sold on it but they clearly put a lot of effort into it so that's good that at least they're giving him something sizeable.
    Personally liking McAfee on commentary too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pros: Cesaro getting a considered push. Glad they're going to likely have a Rollins rematch at Backlash and not rush into the Reigns feud mind... at least that seems like what they're planning.

Bryan/Reigns again next week, this time with huge stakes for both. Love it, looking forward to that match - I hope they give them 30 mins or so to tear the house down. Edge return to cost Bryan setting up their match at Backlash I reckon.

Big win for Apollo and I think setting him against Big E one last time is fine, hoping they launch Big E into the main event scene afterwards though. He is ready and about the only face across the two brands with any sort of character.

Bayley Bianca will be a good match. I am still not sold on Bianca as a 'star' though. She is extremely talented in the ring but like most faces in WWE has very little going on other than that. Hopefully Bayley can drag a decent promo or two out of her to elevate her a little bit.

Cons: Jey Uso should stop his gangster hardman shouty promos. They're... really, really bad.

Just how many weeks are we going to be subjected to the Mysterios VS Otis/Gable? I feel like I'm in a never ending loop of not caring about it remotely.

Tamina and Nia was as bad as it was at WrestleMania. What's the deal with Reginald. Why is he back? Why was he gone in the first place? Just add that to the never-ending list of questions WWE sweep under the rug.

I enjoyed the episode, the bad parts aside. Not sure what they do with Rollins after his battle with Cesaro finishes though.

With the Bryan match next week, does that mean rushing into Cesaro at Backl... sorry, Wrestlemania Backlash?
    If Reigns is going to be facing Cesaro, will we see a temporary mini Shield reunion with Rollins helping him?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the Bryan match next week, does that mean rushing into Cesaro at Backl... sorry, Wrestlemania Backlash?
    If Reigns is going to be facing Cesaro, will we see a temporary mini Shield reunion with Rollins helping him?

I'm wondering about that too. Maybe Edge? I think Rollins and Cesaro makes a bit more sense for Backlash

I'm thinking... Edge costs Bryan next week, Bryan gets payback at the PPV setting up Edge VS Bryan

Cesaro beats Rollins again setting up a feud with Reigns who is now free of the triple threat feud completely.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I think Edge costing Bryan to build up their feud is likely

I think let Cesaro have another swing at Rollins then move on to Jey Uso and finally Reigns, would love to see Cesaro win the title at Summerslam

If Brock can take ppvs off Reigns probably could too with Heyman on his side

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    I'm wondering about that too. Maybe Edge? I think Rollins and Cesaro makes a bit more sense for Backlash

I'm thinking... Edge costs Bryan next week, Bryan gets payback at the PPV setting up Edge VS Bryan

Cesaro beats Rollins again setting up a feud with Reigns who is now free of the triple threat feud completely.

WWE have too many PPVs. Less is more.

No need for Cesaro vs Reigns for this event. Way too soon.

No need for Bryan vs Reigns. Stipulation included, which means nothing other than Bryan being banished to Raw, its a lame duck. It doesn't excite me as I expect Reigns to win.

AEW have shown that having 4 to 5 big PPVs a year is plenty. It also means Smackdown and Raw may have more menaingful matches.

Smackdown was ok. I enjoyed most of the promos, but again its their production which sucks the enjoyment out of the show.

Constant playbacks and recaps. Unnecessary and unneeded.

The constant need to shill the forced catchphrases and WWE speak.

The matches being centered around adbreaks and restholds are boring PPV matches are always better because the restrictions are loosened but on TV the matches are so over produced and feel inauthentic.

These are all reasons why AEW is so enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Sami Zayn dancing over KO was hilarious

Sami Zayn dancing over KO was hilarious

He has some moves :p

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2021-04-30

This week's lineup shows how superior a show it is to Raw atm

Thinking of staying up for this live, I haven't done that in about three years for the weekly shows.

• Advertisement

2 big matches, so 2 screwy finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna take a stab in the dark here and guess that maybe, just maybe, the Uso will interfere.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gonna take a stab in the dark here and guess that maybe, just maybe, the Uso will interfere.

and a certain Rated R superstar maybe

Jimmy Uso must be due back soon

Retro Smackdown next week

azeez is a big dude no doubt about it but he kind of glossed over by the sheer size of Omas on Raw

Finally it happens

Roman has new entrance music, roman has new entrance music

And it's so generic

Good main event

Is Daniel Bryans contract up or is he simply taking a few weeks off ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Contract is winding down and will be done at the end of Summer I believe, but I'd say he's just taking a break. He'll sign another contract.

Advertisement