Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hard to believe Smackdown can be this good when Raw is so terrible.
    Thought it was an excellent show top to bottom. Surprisingly enjoyed the six man tag.
    The IC match was decent, obviously the ending is a bit annoying but that's the point with having Azeez. Wondering if this will lead to some stipulation at WM Backlash. Main Event was very good too. Still under the assumption that this is just the take Bryan off TV until his contract is sorted, would love him to do a run in NXT though.

As for Reigns' new music, it's about time. I like the start of it but then it becomes a bit generic. WWE are sort of overdoing the choral sounds in their themes lately but overall I think it's pretty good and suitably epic. I kinda hear a bit of his old theme in the guitar sounds too unless my ears deceive me.

Looking forward to Retro Smackdown next week even though I'm not expecting much from the retro aspect... GIVE ME THE FIST!
    Still Smackdown is a great show right now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah that was a really great Smackdown. The Bryan Roman main event really felt like a big deal. And I really loved Roman’s new entrance theme.

Raw and Smackdown like night and day at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've never been completely sold on Cesaro (though I was close to buying into the hype around 2014) but he looked a million bucks here trying to make the save. Dare I say it might be finally happening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Staggering how different Raw and Smackdown are presently. Not just two seperate brands, but two entirely different companies.

There's a lot to be said for longevity in terms of the top champ, but the rest of the roster absolutely doing their bit.

Minor tidbits - the Bianca/Bayley feud has to be more than Bayley just laughing at her. We know she can work the stick, so let her do it and bring the best out of Bianca (who I am not sold on at all)

Street Profits are brilliant, both guys extremely talented in the ring.

Seems to be leading into a Fatal 4 Way for the IC Title at Backlash? I for one am ok with this direction.

No idea where Edge is gone, was sure he was gonna show up to cost Bryan. That Reigns won clean after a great match was a good call mind given the screwy IC finish.

Loved Cesaro coming out, it does seem to be finally happening for him. I'm just a little worried they're rushing into this and Reigns puts him down at Backlash. If it's a screwjob I guess I can live with it but would prefer them to hold off for a couple of months before pulling the trigger.

Big E is just gold, really hope they push him into top title contention in the next 12 months.

What now for Bryan though? Goes to Raw to get lost in the shuffle of the horrible booking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SD is miles ahead of Raw, Bryan to Raw or NXT now? He really is very over as is Cesaro now even though no live crowds

I do hope Cesaro beats Reigns at Summerslam

Zayn needs a push and a title imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The start of Roman's new music is great, very ominous and Dark Souls-y and then it gets shít very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't really watch WWE much anymore but that Reigns theme tune is a massive improvement he fully looks like a big deal now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Should we expect Bryan on one of the other shows next week or will he appear on Smackdown to say goodbye first?

Actually I guess he was written off for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cesaro getting the title shot if he wins ?

Seth becoming number 1 contender would be interesting

• Advertisement

Jimmy Uso back then and part of Romans table now

Like the classic feel, wow Teddy Long and surprisingly not getting a tag match yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Did they bring back the fist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Did they bring back the fist?

They CGI'd it......

The throwback was a little muddled. Threw back to when Smackdown wasn't even a thing, was okay though. CGI Fist though (booo).

Pretty solid show if not as strong as previous weeks. I do like the family drama though with the Usos. Heop it's not going to just lead into a rehash but enjoying it for now. Wonder if we're getting Rollins/Reigns at Summerslam.
    Glad Cesaro is getting his shot, those neutralisers at the end though looked pretty rough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I basically just watch Roman's bits now but the man is a star, and whoever is in charge of his stories are elevating not just him but everyone around him.

I know it's harping on about the issue though, but god, the camera cuts. When Cesaro hits the ring, he picks up Jay for the neutralizer, and the camera cuts 6 or 7 times during the move. He lands it, and it cuts to Cesaros face, cuts to a wide shot, back to Cesaros face, onto Roman, back to Cesaro, all in the space of 3 seconds. It literally gives me a headache....

So the Throwback parts were Cole and McAfee dressing up, Teddy Long, Women's Champions, the refs and a load of clips?

Sami touching the IC title and Apollo reacting was a nice touch.

So they have a women's tag title match just before Backl... Wrestlemania Backlash?
    Not sure who should the tag titles. The only team that I think should take them are busy losing in singles matches to Carmella

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I basically just watch Roman's bits now but the man is a star, and whoever is in charge of his stories are elevating not just him but everyone around him.

Yeah, Reigns is now everything they wanted him to be all those years ago. And his personality suits being a heel so much more. My weekly shows going forward are gonna be Smackdown and AEW I think. Can't stick Raw and NXT is far too stale presently as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The throwback part was so lazy and ridiculous.

Should have just picked an era from Smackdown's past and modelled everything after that.

The commentators in the ultra-retro gear was just awful.

Heyman seems to be enjoying himself also with Reigns but I do wonder what would happen if Brock returned

Jimmy Uso against Rollins at WM Backlash, as he is not fully bowing to the head of the table just yet or back chasing the tag titles?

Kinda surprised Baszler got involved for Reg first

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2021-05-14

What a great night we have in store. Tamina & Natalya vs Jax & Baszler for the women's tag team titles

• Advertisement

Tamina finally wins a title

I thought Shinsuke Nakamura would win this one, though King Shinsuke Nakamura :p

Jimmy doesn't really come across as a convincing face/tweener, Jey seems to have the much more natural ability for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Aaaaand new champions.. Jaysus tamina and natalya.. God forbid they could build an actual women's tag division with actual decent tag teams

Going from Nia twice a week to Natalya and Tamina twice a week. Yay!
    And how long have they been building the Mandy/Dana feud with Nia/Shayna and not even a title match?
    Thought there was meant to be a match at Backlash.

Teasing the next King of the Ring tournament?

So Backlash is the 4 main titles and the SD Tag titles. Then Priest vs Miz.

Was a pretty average Smackdown.
    Roman's promo as a heel is great, him tearing into Jimmy Uso in the opening was excellent.
    I'm okay with Tamina/Natalya if only because it ends the dreadful run of Shayna and Nia. Nice to see Tamina getting a moment after so long even if she isn't great or anything. Feel the same with Rey/Dominik, I don't feel strongly if they were to become champions but I'm okay with it if it ends Dolph/Bobby's run.
    The crown suits Shinsuke, guessing that we're getting a King of the Ring soon. I hope so anyway if it gets rid of the King Corbin gimmick.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tamina finally wins a title

I guess it's about time, she paid her dues, I am surprised she never had a singles reign

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see that we got new women’s tag team champions. Happy that tamina has won a title which I think is her first ever. Natalya has go away heat with me.she is bland and boring. What’s the reason to care about her outside of being a member of the hart family ?

Reigns on the mic is gold, he doesn't even need Heyman, so charismatic as a tribal head heel

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reigns on the mic is gold, he doesn't even need Heyman, so charismatic as a tribal head heel

Someone asked this of Jim Cornette and he said that even though Roman didn't need Heyman for promos, Heyman all the same still adds a lot to the presentation with his presence. I'd agree on that.

Advertisement