Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sirsok wrote: »
    I remember the buzz cross brand matches used to cause.

Lesnar v Goldberg being set up from previous Survivor series.

Man I was so hyped for this, particularly after No Way Out and Eddie getting his moment. And then the news broke they were both leaving and the live crowd absolutely shat on both guys, made it such an embarassment. Austin was barely able to save it with Stunners it stunk that much.

I loved their most recent feud apart from KO getting made to look like a jobber in the midst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KO Show with Sami Zayn tonight

Cesaro vs. Rollins set for WM, love Cesaro swinging Rollins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You know what, I'm gonna say it. I do not see what WWE see in Bianca. She's only OK in the ring, that was a sloppy match with Natalya. And her hair whipping drives me nuts, I want someone to jump the barricade with a shears and cleave the whole bloody thing off her head. Not convinced it's going to be a great match at all at Mania, the build has been shocking.

At least they finally let Sasha heel it up rather than keeping her in a sort of purgatory, she's a terrible face. Her demeanour is much more suited to being a heel as she just comes across as awkward and insincere when trying to be a face.

Happy that Bryan got added to the match, though I thought the way they went about it was daft, deliberately avoiding all mention of a Triple Threat match and instead focusing on ridiculous suggestions. There's a line that WWE seem to cross into treating the audience as absolute idiots far too often rather than just coming out with straight away.

The way it transpired I was kind of hoping for a HBK style entrance at Mania 20 into the match for DB - Contract signing, Bryan attacks the two lads and signs the contract in Edge's place.
    But ho hum, we get the awkward announcement by Pearce that anyone with any sort of braincell in their head could have figured out, and the three of them having to feign shock like a Triple Threat match has never happened before. LOL.

Dominic and Rey are going to win the Smackdown Tag Titles at Mania aren't they... le sigh.

Anyways it was a fairly poor episode. I expected more after a brilliant main event at Fastlane tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If any match screams preshow, it's Rey/Dominik vs Ziggler/Roode.

Is there some kind of rivalry between Foley and Britt? With her not very sincere sounding "Thanks for the thumbs up" and seeing the tweet from him for Kane saying "the only dentist with a HOF worthy career". I know she's not there yet anyway and possibly just a coincidence, but just seems a strange coincidence.

As they were going through the matches for Mania, I noticed there are 2 title matches that were just asked for and not earned. Women's Raw title match and the Raw tag titles.

Wonder whose choice it was for Nattie to change her gear this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Necro wrote: »
    Happy that Bryan got added to the match, though I thought the way they went about it was daft, deliberately avoiding all mention of a Triple Threat match and instead focusing on ridiculous suggestions. There's a line that WWE seem to cross into treating the audience as absolute idiots far too often rather than just coming out with straight away.

I enjoyed the drama around solving the Fastlane problem being that any decision would rub someone the wrong way, I just wish the answer wasn't the one that would usually be given at the start of the show any other week.

Is Pearce running Raw and SD, GM?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Bryan is such a whiny little prick and how he isn't a heel is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Pearce running Raw and SD, GM?

He's a vague WWE Official that answers to a McMahon if they're around, or Reigns when he's swinging his Big Dog, but outranks Regal's NXT GMship on cross-brand matters possibly maybe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If they weren't piping in the cheers he would you'd be sure he's a heel

• Advertisement

The Yes movement disagrees ;) I would like an Edge Daniel Bryan match one on one too

Is Paul Heyman and Jey Uso going to join Reigns at ringside for the WM match

What were they piping in for Reigns? "you tapped out"?

So I guess Edge shouldn't be taking part in Mania now due to suspension. I mean Braun got suspended for weeks after laying hands on a WWE official so surely Edge should get worse for hitting 2 officials with a steel chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a feeling Bryan is winning the title at Mania

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Bryan is winning the title at Mania

I have a feeling he’s taking the pin at Mania. That way edge was win the title and Roman can moan he was never beaten.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What were they piping in for Reigns? "you tapped out"?

So I guess Edge shouldn't be taking part in Mania now due to suspension. I mean Braun got suspended for weeks after laying hands on a WWE official so surely Edge should get worse for hitting 2 officials with a steel chair.

The Braun thing happened more than 2 weeks ago therefore it’s not cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Bryan had his moment 7 years ago.I hate and always will hate this entitlement Bryan fans have. He doesnt' deserve the belt right now. Yes he tapped Reigns out which is an awesome thing, but if anything, give him Post Mania Heel Edge's first feud. I'd prefer that to this, this just makes him out to be a whiny heel. But he's not, He's a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Bryan had his moment 7 years ago.I hate and always will hate this entitlement Bryan fans have. He doesnt' deserve the belt right now. Yes he tapped Reigns out which is an awesome thing, but if anything, give him Post Mania Heel Edge's first feud. I'd prefer that to this, this just makes him out to be a whiny heel. But he's not, He's a babyface.

Bryan is a necessary player in the this feud and has given Reigns and Edge a much need shot in the arm because Edge was struggling to connect as face. Without Bryan, Edge would continue to flounder as a bland face.

In a few weeks, Bryan has got what Edge was missing..... hes given me a reason to root for the goodguy and care about this story.

You ssy Bruan is nit deserving.... is Edge deserving..?.. Id say no based on the last 2 months, no hes not. Otehrwise Bryan wouldn't be inserted into it.

Edge has always been a piss poor face, I was actually watching his feud with Christian after their split and Christian totally outshone him... then they put the tantrum gimmick on him and he started floundering.

Bringing him back in 2021 with the WWE generic CAW 1.0 face model they use for every good guy was never, ever going to work.

His feud with Jericho with him as a face - sucked.

Feud with Del Rio - sucked.

Edge is the Rated R Superstar, he's a natural heel. Grand for a feud with Orton on his return but long term as a face? Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

A Bryan win with a pised off fully blown heel Edge and Reigns chasing would be great.

Have Edge fail time and time again, his redemption story ruined. Then wins MITB and wins the belt the same way he won the first one. With a cash in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sirsok wrote: »
    A Bryan win with a pised off fully blown heel Edge and Reigns chasing would be great.

Have Edge fail time and time again, his redemption story ruined. Then wins MITB and wins the belt the same way he won the first one. With a cash in
    And then he and Beth ride in the ring, to bring it all full circle.

• Advertisement

I'd say WWE were expecting big things with Edge the face winning but it failed (having it leaked spoilered speculated etc., before RR didn't help also) and then Christian to AEW so no E&C reunion tag matches

D Bryan is one of the most guys in WWE

So the Andre Battle Royal is on Smackdown. Not even the Mania preshow.
    Wonder where the women's match will be if there is one.
    I see the 3 Retribution members are there. I guess they just dumped Ali, rather than split up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

Some of the lads in the Andre Battle Royal deserve way better.
    Guessing this confirms the Smackdown titles won't be on the Mania card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭hynesie08

ThePott wrote: »
    Some of the lads in the Andre Battle Royal deserve way better.
    Guessing this confirms the Smackdown titles won't be on the Mania card too.

Like who though? The only person not on mania who absolutely should be is bayley. Could potentially argue for the hurt business but I think they'll be involved in shenanigans.

Otherwise everyone who has been prominent in the covid era is on mania.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Like who though? The only person not on mania who absolutely should be is bayley. Could potentially argue for the hurt business but I think they'll be involved in shenanigans.

Otherwise everyone who has been prominent in the covid era is on mania.
    You serious?

Ricochet, Humberto, Aleister Black, War Raiders, Drew Gulak, Angel Garza, Cedric.. thats just the start. All deserve better

I agree that Bayley should be there.... hell she should be facing Belair IMO ahead of Banks. Shes their top heel IMO.

If it was any other company, due to it being a pandemic I'd say it was down to social distancing backstage etc that the Andre the Giant Battle Royale is on Smackdown and not at Mania.... but it is WWE so....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭hynesie08

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You serious?

Ricochet, Humberto, Aleister Black, War Raiders, Drew Gulak, Angel Garza, Cedric.. thats just the start. All deserve better

I agree that Bayley should be there.... hell she should be facing Belair IMO ahead of Banks. Shes their top heel IMO.

Cmon lad, when you think wrestlemania, you think humberto vs Angel garza? Also humberto is ****.

If you're mad because talented lads are getting overlooked, fair enough, work away.

But it's the jobber battle royal, put it on smackdown and build someone with it, don't burn out your first live crowd in a year by making them sit in the florida heat for an extra 2 hours.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Cmon lad, when you think wrestlemania, you think humberto vs Angel garza? Also humberto is ****.

If you're mad because talented lads are getting overlooked, fair enough, work away.

But it's the jobber battle royal, put it on smackdown and build someone with it, don't burn out your first live crowd in a year by making them sit in the florida heat for an extra 2 hours.

They are excellent wrestlers, just because you think they are **** isnt down to them.

If WWE actually did a decent job with them they could at least be in lower ranked feuds. Im not saying they should be main eventers, but they deserve better than jobber status.

You could easily use the BR to build one of the talents I mentioned. They wont and someone who doesnt need it or deserve it will most likley win.

• Advertisement

Since you said his name I looked and Aleister Black didn't even make the cut so I guess he's done

Advertisement