Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yep, sounds about right Andy. It presents a bit of a problem for the villagers because, for example, if I were to be killed tomorrow (probably likely for sticking my head above the parapet so early, but that's ok I'm just a vanillager), it would be hard to get anything from it. Instead of the normal binary choice of "Does this mean Neurotic was a wolf, or are they trying to throw us off," we now have a four-way of different motives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

andy125 wrote: »
    Gonna try and dumb it down for myself and others

Nice one, Andy. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

FYI THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE KILL TOMORROW MORNING AND THAT WILL BE DECIDED BY A WEE COMPETITION ON THE OTHER FORUM.

I'm going to have to take notes.

I notice my beloved Ser Jorah is without a role :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

You're better than this sullivlo :P Yes there are tasks:

Ooh, the good team have a task too! Even if thryre spotted whichlh team would it be? Cool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tritium wrote: »
    Ooh, the good team have a task too! Even if thryre spotted whichlh team would it be? Cool!!

It's more likely to be one of the teams you're not on though, so without other evidence to go on it's still a good bet for a lynch / munch if you spot a task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

It's more likely to be one of the teams you're not on though, so without other evidence to go on it's still a good bet for a lynch / munch if you spot a task.

yea 2-1 of getting a bad guy is good odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Just making a post to follow the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Cheers Andy for the explanatory post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Must keep head down , maybe they'll forget about me

• Advertisement

No wait no! I was kidding.

Sorry, it's a running joke from the last two games I shouldn't have brought it into this. :pac:

And killing shatter must never be mentioned in this place.

sullivlo wrote: »
    ......So if the night king kills shatter, will the melisandre be told that it was the night king, or just the role of shatter?...........

Who is this shatter you speak of?

There is nobody by that name here, move along.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Who is this shatter you speak of?

There is nobody by that name here, move along.

We can't help it. Those wolves are creatures of habit.

Shatter posting the same message 3 in a row I dont think its a task but you really dont do yourself any favours :P

So we dont find out who we lynch every night I prefer knowing makes it way more fun at lynch time, when you dont know its like we killed someone or something yay :(

All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have the Lanisters ever given us in return?

The aqueduct.

Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.

And the sanitation!

Oh yes... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like

All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Lanisters have done...

And the roads..

Well yes obviously the roads... the roads go without saying. But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads...

Irrigation... Medicine... Education... Health...

Yes... all right, fair enough...

And the wine.Yeah. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left, Reg..

Public baths! And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now.

Yes, the lanisters certainly know how to keep order... (general nodding)... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Lanisters done for us?

Brought peace

What!? Oh... Peace, yes... shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Good morning fellow villagers! Sunrise over Westeros is my favourite time of day. Lol jk I'm on my way to earn a few gold pieces.

For those that haven't met me before and find my name tedious to type, please note I prefer mahama or maha or MG or anything that isn't geehead. Thanking you kindly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Straight off the bat: Sheriff has posted two pictures. Task much?
    Ok so here's where I am so far. Posting two pictures in your first two posts is highly unorthodox. Could just be what it appears to be; someone trying to inject a bit of humour. Or it could be a task.

If it's a task, then there's a 66% chance it's a task being carried out by someone the village / Starks want dead. So that would make the sheriff a good bet for a lynch once he stops being protected by sheriffy immunity.

Oh. Oh jeez. This game.

I was just excited to have a special role for (the start of) my first game. I did worry that being too sheriffy would make me a target for the baddies. I'll just have to prove myself a good villager by being an exceptional sheriff :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Only seeing this thread now - had to hit the old bed last night. There's A LOT to take in. But as somebody else said, I'll do it on my company's time and chat again in a bit. That is, if my head hasn't exploded by then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

andy125 wrote: »
    Gonna try and dumb it down for myself and others

Bad Guys

2x lannisters - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    2x baratheons - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x The Night King - 1 kill each night

Good Guys
    2x starks - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x Seer
    1x Priest - able to train one person to be priest
    1x Bodyguard

Good or bad
    1x Sheriff

That makes 14 roles in total which leaves 11 normal villagers

7 bad guys in total but split into 3 groups that can kill each other not just villagers

Look about right peeps?

Thanks Andy, was trying to get my head around that myself. Only correction I'd say is that the Sherriff could be one of the good guys or bad guys, so "normal villagers" could be 11 or 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

quickbeam wrote: »
    Thanks Andy, was trying to get my head around that myself. Only correction I'd say is that the Sherriff could be one of the good guys or bad guys, so "normal villagers" could be 11 or 12.

One other coreection/ question. It teads like the night king only gets a kill every other night. Anyone read that differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »

If I'm reading things properly we have to vote for a new sheriff in a couple of days. And then the new sheriff is lynch proof and thus can only be killed by a munch? That means we have to try identify a good person to elect... If we elect a bad guy, we effectively make a bad guy safe from lynching for the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

tritium wrote: »
    One other coreection/ question. It teads like the night king only gets a kill every other night. Anyone read that differently?

No, that's how I read it as well. So presumably one on night 2, on night 4 etc. To be fair, I need to re-read all the rules about 5 more times to full understand the dynamics. Feels like we have a lot more chance of hitting a baddie role this time around though right? The dynamics are much more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

No, that's how I read it as well. So presumably one on night 2, on night 4 etc. To be fair, I need to re-read all the rules about 5 more times to full understand the dynamics. Feels like we have a lot more chance of hitting a baddie role this time around though right? The dynamics are much more interesting.

I read it the same way.

The red wedding thing is cool in fcairness

I wouldnt count the sheriff in the good or bad pile QB as it'll switch so it will be 11 villagers as Andy said

Uriel. wrote: »
    If I'm reading things properly we have to vote for a new sheriff in a couple of days. And then the new sheriff is lynch proof and thus can only be killed by a munch? That means we have to try identify a good person to elect... If we elect a bad guy, we effectively make a bad guy safe from lynching for the entire game.

Shatter for sheriff!!!!

Vote early , vote often.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Uriel. wrote: »

I thought that they were only lynch proof while they were sheriffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Morning everyone, you can call me MrsF or MrsFD to make things easier.

I need to read all again in depth, so confusing :-)

• Advertisement

Being called sully is fine with me. It reminds me of monsters inc, one of my favourite movies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement