Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Quick Shatter, you've 8 minutes to come up with some sort of system or point the finger at someone. :pac:

Didn't expect to be here that long , i'll work on it.

Should have it ready in time for you lot to try and lynch me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

quickbeam wrote: »
    Sorry Cross, we're both answering :)

The more answers the better. While the game format is becoming clearer to me, I'm still a bit shaky with bits so more answers hopefully aid clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Does anyone have any inclination? anyone spotted any thing they think might be a task

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I feel us simple villager folk are rather outnumbered in this battle.

Feels like that alright! But actually it's only 7 baddies vs 18 goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Apologies, didn't read about the competition for the first kill.

What about shatter with his oblique post at 9.58am for a task also? Along with the three mentioned above?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any inclination? anyone spotted any thing they think might be a task
    The statement made about the claim to be the Night King is all but I'm of the opinion that there isn't much substance to it.

@partyjungle - why did you make that statement? Enlighten us as we've nothing else to on and you're on my list at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I feel us simple villager folk are rather outnumbered in this battle.

So I take it that the Lannisters have chosen to not kill someone? Since only the Baratheon group decided to perform a lynch.

no, there was a competition on the private forums - the winners of that competition got to do the slaughtering - we don't know what the competition was.

Yeah, I'm thinking Partyjungle is the Night King. Not sure why, just a feeling I get....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm in the middle of a massive ****storm at work today but it should calm down over the next day or two and I'll be more active. Congrats on surviving for a day Shatter! Agreed that the lynch is an absolute shot in the dark tonight. I'd be inclined to go with a low poster maybe, but I'm paranoid from watching the last game that the bad guys are sleepers. It's really hard not to take hints from previous games actually!!!

I just wanted to see how you wrote it is all

that's bizarre tbh.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    that's bizarre tbh.

I agree

I'd be inclined to go with a low poster maybe, but I'm paranoid from watching the last game that the bad guys are sleepers. It's really hard not to take hints from previous games actually!!!

Agreed about the low posters in the previous game but they got away with (in part) because several villagers kept arguing and accusing each other without calling the low posters out to account for themselves.

And lynching low posters in that game backfired when Barney (the villager) got lynched based on his low post count.

I'd be inclined to go with a low poster maybe,

That worked so well last time :rolleyes:

The stats show 3 who haven't posted yet:
    gufc21
    Barney92
    The_Dazzler

But this early in the game, that means nothing. People have RL stuff going on. Come 8/8.30pm tonight though it might be worth considering.

Mick, I dunno if what you're doing is intentional or a task or just madness but you're putting yourself firmly on my radar as someone to lynch!!!

Mick, I dunno if what you're doing is intentional or a task or just madness but you're putting yourself firmly on my radar as someone to lynch!!!

yes, it was odd.
    Both he and party jungle with his call me the Night King post are either silly moves, or something else is afoot...

Mick has played enough times to know better though

gufc21
    Barney92
    The_Dazzler

But this early in the game, that means nothing. People have RL stuff going on. Come 8/8.30pm tonight though it might be worth considering.

True, I've only posted twice, but that's because I go to bed at 10pm, gym at 7 and am not at my desk until 10am

gufc21
    Barney92
    The_Dazzler

Yeah, I meant tonight by vote time rather than people who haven't posted now! :rolleyes: I probably won't be back til then, just finishing a tea break and then back to the insanity. Doesn't matter now either way coz Mick is already acting odd and between that and the random Night King comment from PJ, I think we've already got some early candidates.

Have a great day villagers!!! May the old gods and the new watch over you!

crosstownk wrote: »
    The statement made about the claim to be the Night King is all but I'm of the opinion that there isn't much substance to it.

@partyjungle - why did you make that statement? Enlighten us as we've nothing else to on and you're on my list at the moment. :)

I made that statement as a joke. Tactically, it made zero sense in this game. My only explanation is that I've played similar games to these that have a jester class, whose sole objective is to get lynched. It's common practise to make false statements to appear as an obvious jester to avoid being lynched.

I can fully understand and accept if you elect lynch me. You have nothing else to go on. I'm gonna stop posting for a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Shane.C wrote: »
    Apologies, didn't read about the competition for the first kill.

What about shatter with his oblique post at 9.58am for a task also? Along with the three mentioned above?
    I have checked twice and logged out and back in, there is not post at 9:58 from anyone.
    9:52 a post from Valeyard and Maximus
    Next post is Partyjungle 10:02

So, the actual vote that's counted towards the lynch is private. But will we be sharing who we intend to vote on here, like we did the first game (says "we" as if I played the first game and wasn't just a lurker! :) ) I think it could be interesting to see if intended votes turn out the same as actual votes. Could shed light on people's motives.

Of course there's no game-rule that says you have to show your intended vote, so it's a democratic decision if we decide to or not. And people will be entitled to abstain from their intended vote if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Logging out of this account for a while. Any pms please send to this digi and Jayop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

andy125 wrote: »
    Gonna try and dumb it down for myself and others

Bad Guys

2x lannisters - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    2x baratheons - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x The Night King - 1 kill each night

Good Guys
    2x starks - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x Seer
    1x Priest - able to train one person to be priest
    1x Bodyguard

Good or bad
    1x Sheriff

That makes 14 roles in total which leaves 11 normal villagers

7 bad guys in total but split into 3 groups that can kill each other not just villagers

Look about right peeps?

Thanks for that, helps loads :)

I'm going to have to take notes.

I notice my beloved Ser Jorah is without a role :p

Selmy is kind of attractive for an old man, although Jorah is rugged and handsome too!
    Right I'll check back in at lunch..

Andy, Max and A Neurotic are the task fellas :pac:

Sorry to point out Jon Snow

But 1 for 2 aint bad returns

I think we are looking far too hard at things people and their posts and thinking about tasks all the time. I know Jon will get mixed up in there like MJ said and that wont be a great help for the village as we would have a good team village start once they all get connected.

I wanted to post up some GoT stuff but was scared too as it would be seen as a task rather than a GoT fan having some fun with memes etc.

Let's catch some Lions and Stags guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Right, so I want to scrutinize the writing of the GM.
    The Night King: The player has the ability to kill one other player each second turn at slaughter time. They are a team on their own aligned to no-one and can only win the game if they survive to the very end and achieve either betterment or parity with all other groups.

The Night King seems to be alone? But the GM often writes "they"; So either the GM hasn't told us how many White Walkers there are (or I cant read :pac:) or if The Night King kills someone that that victim becomes a member of the White Walkers?

What happens if the Night King kills a member from the Special team?

If the Night king cannot grow his/her ranks, then we need to keep an eye out on low posters / neutral posters as they would not want to attract unnecessary attention.

If the Night king can grow his/her ranks, then we're in trouble.

The Night King seems to be alone? But the GM often writes "they"; So either the GM hasn't told us how many White Walkers there are (or I cant read :pac:) or if The Night King kills someone that that victim becomes a member of the White Walkers?

If the Night king cannot grow his/her ranks, then we need to keep an eye out on low posters / neutral posters as they would not want to attract unnecessary attention.

Just one Night King, I'm sure - "they" is meant in the singular to cover both males and females.

Maybe as we die we join the ranks of the wights! not just ones he kills?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Apologies, everybody see Shatters post , 9.48am (I previously stated 9.58 in error) as a potential task?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

"They"can refer to one person. I think the King is still hidden, they would be mad to give out their position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Just one Night King, I'm sure - "they" is meant in the singular to cover both males and females.

Unlike the priest who is referred to as "he" iirc :D

Stoogie wrote: »
    "They"can refer to one person. I think the King is still hidden, they would be mad to give out their position.

Or maybe throw it out now, make it look like a jest and have everyone look elsewhere for the Night King. It'd be a brave strategy, though.

• Advertisement

Shane.C wrote: »
    Apologies, everybody see Shatters post , 9.48am (I previously stated 9.58 in error) as a potential task?

I read it again there, it could be a task but don't think so, surely life wont be that cruel to him that they are given a task on the first day that will end with a lynching or a murder!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement