Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options
  • 25-09-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

sean-bean.jpg?itok=zDluvo7Y

Welcome to Werewolf III on boards.ie. This is the live game thread and is for live players only.

Winter is coming. The Starks from the North have used those words for hundreds of years. Well now it really is almost upon us. We have 3 groups all battling for the Iron throne but none of them can ignore the threat from beyond the wall. Each of the three groups will have powers and abilities to help them win this battle, but it won't be easy and in the end, when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

LYNCH IS AT 9PM AND SLAUGHTER IS AT 10AM

Special Team Roles

The Lannisters: There are 3 Lannisters, Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion who can communicate on their own message board separate from Boards.ie. They have equal power and can kill one villager each night.

The Baratheons: There are 3 Baratheons, Robert, Stannis and Renly who can communicate on their own message board separate from Boards.ie. They have equal power and can kill one villager each night.

The Starks: There are three Starks, Arya, Sansa and Jon Snow who can communicate on their own message board separate from Boards.ie. They are on the village team and cannot kill, but they can work together to aid the village and attempt to steer them in the correct direction for the Lynch.

In order for Tyrion, Renly and Jon to join their teams they will have to complete a secret mission in the game thread.

Individual Roles

The Night King: The player has the ability to kill one other player each second turn at slaughter time. They are a team on their own aligned to no-one and can only win the game if they survive to the very end and achieve either betterment or parity with all other groups.

Bran Stark - Seer: Bran has the ability to PM the moderator once per turn and ask him "Is X a Lannister or Baratheon", to which they will be truthfully be told yes or no. Bran will not be able to detect The Night King until one of the Lannister or Baratheon team is completely wiped out. .

Melisandre - Priest: Melisandre will learn the roles of any players killed in the game. He will also have the ability to train another player once in the game to also learn the roles of the dead. This trainee will only learn the roles of the dead from after they have been trained. The priest needs to be careful though because the trainee will also learn the identity of the original Priest and should he train an evil player accidentally they will then have the power.

Barristan Selmy - Bodyguard: Barristan selects another player (cannot be the same person on consecutive nights.) to follow, if that player is attacked during the night then they will be protected.

The Sheriff: The Sheriff will have a second vote in each lynch and can PM the game mod at any point to issue that vote. The Original Sheriff is picked at random by the game mods and will be announced. They can be picked from all players including evil teams. After two lynches the village will vote in public on the thread for whomever they would like to become the new sheriff. The Sheriff will have immunity from lynching while they hold the title.

Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in The Game of Thrones lying and deception is expected and encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for murder.

Special Play
    As having the Starks on their side is such an advantage to the good guys, should all three evil groups, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Night King target the same Stark all of them (Arya, Sansa & Jon) will die. This is called the Red Wedding!!

Win Conditions
    For a Stark/good win they simply have to kill all the Lannisters, Baratheons and the Night King.
    For a Lannister win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village, and kill all the Baratheons and the Night King
    For a Baratheon win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village, and kill all the Lannisters and the Night King
    For the night King to win, they need to survive to the end, and achieve at least parity with all the groups.

Special Notes
    There may be certain conditions applied to the teams in order for them to achieve the ability to form or kill. As this is a big divergence from the previous games we've played if we feel one side or the other is too over powered we may add more conditions as the mods see fit to balance the game.

Rules:
    1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again.
    2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.
    4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    6) If you've got any questions for me send me a message.
    7) Win conditions are listed above.
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS.
    11) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12) Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

I may have left out some rules and if anything comes up in the game I’ll answer any PM’s and on some occasions I may even post rule clarifications in the thread. Also, the 9pm lynch should never be a problem for me, but some mornings I may be a little late with the 10am announcements. I’ll try to avoid that as much as possible.

Lynch Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCT--ZiMJ7PGD0oTRveWdrf0WfENPzRn6qiN087bLFL1sjCQ/viewform

Roster

1 y0ssar1an22
    2 gufc21
    3 Stoogie
    4 dottie_lottie
    5 crosstownk
    6 tritium
    7 quickbeam
    8 Maximus Alexander
    9 MrsFlushdraw
    10 Sullivlo
    11 MicksJaguar
    12 Uriel
    13 Mahamageehad
    14 nopeare
    15 JasonS246
    16 The_Valeyard
    17 A Neurotic
    18 Barney92
    19 andy125
    20 Shatterproof
    21 The_Dazzler
    22 Xaracats
    23 partyjungle
    24 Shane. C
    25 Persepoly

Rule clarification.

1) The votes will be published when I announce the Lynch. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

2) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until I make a post in the game thread announcing it.

3) In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the person with the last vote cast against them will be lynched.

4) THE SHERIFF IS ELECTED ANEW EVERY TWO TURNS AND WILL LOSE THEIR TITLE ONCE THEIR TURN IS UP UNLESS THEY ARE ELECTED AGAIN.

5) THEY CAN NAME ONE PERSON AND ARE TOLD IF THEY ARE A LANNISTER OR A BARATHEON
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

So. Fcuking. Confusing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

ANNOUNCEMENT

THE SHERIFF FOR THE FIRST TWO LYNCHES IS A NEUROTIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Stoogie wrote: »
    What ?

I bet WWGM just loved typing that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Let's all have a good time people.

54e63ae4e1d99.image.jpg?resize=300%2C395

• Advertisement

In game of thrones the Starks were the wolves right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    ANNOUNCEMENT

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

FROM THE RULES

The Sheriff: The Sheriff will have a second vote in each lynch and can PM the game mod at any point to issue that vote. The Original Sheriff is picked at random by the game mods and will be announced. They can be picked from all players including evil teams. After two lynches the village will vote in public on the thread for whomever they would like to become the new sheriff. The Sheriff will have immunity from lynching while they hold the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Lol am gonna have to study those rules for a while to figure this all out.

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's a lot of roles. I need some thinking time to get my head around this one.

In the mean time, let's lynch Valeyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

What does this mean?

NEUROTIC is the sheriff for 2 turns which means he cant be lynched and his vote for those 2 lynches are doubled

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

can the lannisters kill a barrathen, and a baratheon kill the night king, and the night king kill a lannister all in the same night?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Let's all have a good time people.

54e63ae4e1d99.image.jpg?resize=300%2C395
    That's a lot of roles. I need some thinking time to get my head around this one.

In the mean time, let's lynch Valeyard.

Ok
    I haven't a clue what's going on but why not
    Do we get to know who they are when they die?

Stoogie wrote: »
    Ok
    I haven't a clue what's going on but why not
    Do we get to know who they are when they die?

No wait no! I was kidding.

Sorry, it's a running joke from the last two games I shouldn't have brought it into this. :pac:

can the lannisters kill a barrathen, and a baratheon kill the night king, and the night king kill a lannister all in the same night?

Doesn't seem to say anything in the rules as to why this couldn't happen

No wait no! I was kidding.

Sorry, it's a running joke from the last two games I shouldn't have brought it into this. :pac:

Ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

andy125 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to say anything in the rules as to why this couldn't happen

Yeah, im going to have to re-read all these rules again.

I purpose changing the game name for 'Winter is Coming' to 'Reading to be done' :pac: :pac:

Night all. Sleep to be had.

IF ANYONE HAS ACESS PROBLEMS TO THE BACK FORUM OR QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR ROLES CAN YOU PLEASE SHOOT A PM TO THIS ACCOUNT AND ADD DIGITAL SOLITUDE AND JAYOP TO THE PM INCASE NOONE IS LOGGED INTO THIS ONE.

Was just doing this Jay. Man I had a bad night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have no idea what any of this means. But I'm going to bed. There's to be no stabbing or poisoning or White Walkering during the night, ye hear?

Sheriff-Joe-Arpaio-ap.jpg

• Advertisement

If I'm reading this correctly, a maximum of 3 people will die each night; one from the Lannisters, one from the Baratheons and one from The Night King. If their targets overlap or Selmy protects someone, there will be less people killed.

Us villagers (;)) must band together with the Starks to lynch them all.

Straight off the bat: Sheriff has posted two pictures. Task much?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

If I'm reading this correctly, a maximum of 3 people will die each night; one from the Lannisters, one from the Baratheons and one from The Night King. If their targets overlap or Selmy protects someone, there will be less people killed.

Us villagers (;)) must band together with the Starks to lynch them all.

So the Melisandre person will be important? If they're the ones who find out the role of the dead. Will they find out which group killed the person? So if the night king kills shatter, will the melisandre be told that it was the night king, or just the role of shatter?

And one very quick clarification. Are there any tasks in the game? I don't want my poor spelling to be the topic of "is it a task" or for me to be lynched because of it. Because as an innocent, simple villager, I don't deserve to be lynched.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Straight off the bat: Sheriff has posted two pictures. Task much?

Knowing our luck the sherif will come from the Manitowoc County sheriff department.

sullivlo wrote: »
    And one very quick clarification. Are there any tasks in the game? I don't want my poor spelling to be the topic of "is it a task" or for me to be lynched because of it. Because as an innocent, simple villager, I don't deserve to be lynched.

You're better than this sullivlo :P Yes there are tasks:
    In order for Tyrion, Renly and Jon to join their teams they will have to complete a secret mission in the game thread.

You're better than this sullivlo :P Yes there are tasks:

Ah! D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm going to bed. My feeble brain is fried.

I'll read it all again in the morning while someone is paying me.

sullivlo wrote: »
    So the Melisandre person will be important? If they're the ones who find out the role of the dead. Will they find out which group killed the person? So if the night king kills shatter, will the melisandre be told that it was the night king, or just the role of shatter?

WHO WAS KILLED BY WHO WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE THREAD, THEIR IDENTITY WILL BE REVEALED TO MELISANDRE.

THERE'S CHALLENGES AND THEY'RE LISTED IN THE OP.

Ok so here's where I am so far. Posting two pictures in your first two posts is highly unorthodox. Could just be what it appears to be; someone trying to inject a bit of humour. Or it could be a task.

If it's a task, then there's a 66% chance it's a task being carried out by someone the village / Starks want dead. So that would make the sheriff a good bet for a lynch once he stops being protected by sheriffy immunity.

• Advertisement

Gonna try and dumb it down for myself and others

Bad Guys

2x lannisters - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    2x baratheons - 1 kill each night - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x The Night King - 1 kill each night

Good Guys
    2x starks - 1x member needs to complete task to join
    1x Seer
    1x Priest - able to train one person to be priest
    1x Bodyguard

Good or bad
    1x Sheriff

That makes 14 roles in total which leaves 11 normal villagers

7 bad guys in total but split into 3 groups that can kill each other not just villagers

Look about right peeps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement