Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Galvins Dunnes gear.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hadn't opened this thread in ages/maybe ever, because I've no interest in fashion.

Then opened it by mistake 5 minutes ago and have been in stitches laughing at the photos and comments.

But sweet jesus, those clothes look like a parody of a fashion design, rather than the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I liked Paul Galvin as a footballer but his fashion range is absolutly woeful. If he's making money out of it fair play to him but I'd find that hard to believe. Could you imagine going on a night out dressed in the Shelby gear.
    The peaky blinders gear, yes I can live with that quite easily...The denim jacket I can handle, but leggings and denim shorts, wt actual f?
    I'd love to know the sales stats for this. I've actually rarely seen people wear it. It's also only in a few of there stores.

I know, I just can't believe people actually buy this stuff. Who is green-lighting giving him this platform? Maybe it is actually making money for Dunnes? :eek:
    osarusan wrote: »
    But sweet jesus, those clothes look like a parody of a fashion design, rather than the real thing.

I know, totally. He seems to have no natural instinct for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Oh... my god. I think this is worse than the other outfit! He can wear whatever he wants but style it ain't!

Paul_Galvin_-_Copy.jpg

In the picture on the left he looks like he's looking down at the shorts and thinking "what the **** am I wearing"? It's absolutely hideous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Does he have any history of fashion or anything? How did it all come about?

It's the clothing equivalent of this.

• Advertisement

In the picture on the left he looks like he's looking down at the shorts and thinking "what the **** am I wearing"? It's absolutely hideous stuff.

I know! But I got the pics from his Instagram (I was grimly fascinated) and here is the caption that goes with one of the above photos:

Paul_Galvin_2_-_Copy.jpg

So he doesn't seem remotely embarrassed about what he wears. I suppose he shouldn't be embarrassed. I guess.
    osarusan wrote: »
    Does he have any history of fashion or anything? How did it all come about?

It's the clothing equivalent of this.

I'm not sure. I guess he is interested in clothes and fashion but having an interest in something doesn't translate in talent. Like, I'd love to write a book but it would be terrible so I won't do it. The photo you've linked there sums it up perfectly. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

He's perfectly entitled to wear whatever he wants but to push that assault on the eyes as 'fashion' is just something else altogether.

Picture on the left looks like he's about to go swimming....in San Francisco sometime around the great quake of 1906.

Picture on the left looks like he's about to go swimming....in San Francisco sometime around the great quake of 1906.

LOL! :D

The outfit also looks inescapably girly and I don't think that's what he's going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The peaky blinders gear, yes I can live with that quite easily...The denim jacket I can handle, but leggings and denim shorts, wt actual f?

Grunge lives man, grunge lives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Nearly wet myself.

• Advertisement

The shorts...pure Tobias Funke...

Now Tobias was a never-nude...

Do these effectively hide my thunder...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8QF_Gk3C89H2MmINyTPYC3c-nYzfs2JX20LBMx2u2c5kRXGM

The shorts...pure Tobias Funke...

Now Tobias was a never-nude...

Do these effectively hide my thunder...

Galvin must be even more afeered again of being nude than Tobias seeing as he put an extra layer under the shorts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭George White

nkav86 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why his shoes are undone?? I saw some fool the other day with the same thing, is it 'style'?
    Jimmy Savile did it. Said his laces were too short so they wouldn't trip people up.

Advertisement