Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Galvins Dunnes gear.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,359 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you view the clothes on the Dunnes website it comes across as a little boring.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/view-all/paul-galvin/fcp-category/list?homepage-hero=1#productsPerPage=19&page=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Imagine being married to him. Jaysus.

About as much depth as a saucer full of milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Who keeps encouraging this guy?

Who keeps encouraging this guy?

Some wan in Dunnes Stores. Not anyone from Paris, Milan, New York, or London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

From the article
    "I've had people laugh in my face on the streets for what I wore"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Some wan in Dunnes Stores. Not anyone from Paris, Milan, New York, or London.

She needs to be sacked.

Or at least, forced to wear some of his kit and be paraded around town and pelted with rotting veg.

When you view the clothes on the Dunnes website it comes across as a little boring.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/view-all/paul-galvin/fcp-category/list?homepage-hero=1#productsPerPage=19&page=0

Well this may (not) interest you.
    I'm doing a collection about the Bedouins and brotherhood soon

:eek:

From the article

"I've people laugh in my face in the streets for what I wore"

galvin.jpg

Not surprising.

glasso wrote: »
    galvin.jpg

Not surprising.

Dave-megadeth-34668987-182-232.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have trawled the web and I have yet to see him wear a pair of trousers that fit him. He must get up in the dark every morning and put on his wifes trousers by mistake..

Here he is going for the Inspector Clouseau look...

PAUL-FASHION-033.jpg

• Advertisement

''I'm doing a collection about the Bedouins and brotherhood soon''
    :eek:

He'll have to buy a camel, some tea towels and a Tupac CD.

He'll have to buy a camel, some tea towels and a Tupac CD.

I could actually imagine him wearing something like this.....

Bedouin-Palmyra.jpg

Jobs OXO wrote: »

The 'Sri Lankan navy' story is like something Derek Zoolander would regale us with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

They must be selling and sure that's all that matter I suppose. I don't begrudge him making money on it.

But thanks for the update on the new collection. I've had a good laugh and it has cheered me up on a bad day. Sure there's lots of "style" out there I don't get but nothing that screams FAIL so much to me. I love it. Fair play to him.

I usually find him so unlikable but actually his account of the duster incident really rings true to me and so admire him for realising he needed to find a new direction. Looking forward to the bedouin collection.

I had totally misjudged him. I had him down as a rugged no-nonsense, strong silent type. He comes across in that article as a vacuous airhead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I opened this thread with a sense of dread as my GF has been encouraging me to buy some of his things, I'm deeply glad I had the sense to restrict it to a couple of t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I couldn't get through the whole article. I needed some kind of mind altering drug to carry on.

Have to say, as a Kerryman, enjoyed seeing Paul redefine the role of the half forward in football, he was some player. Loved seeing him run Cork ragged, even as his career declined the sight of him striding out and packs of Cork players hunting him down, he could turn a game around. Galvin and Brian Dooher changed the game in the 00s in a way that more gifted players like Cooper couldn't, they made half forwards into the tracking back hard tackling types we see today.

But now, he just looks and sounds like a gob****e.

TheChizler wrote: »
    I opened this thread with a sense of dread as my GF has been encouraging me to buy some of his things, I'm deeply glad I had the sense to restrict it to a couple of t-shirts.

Well if she encourages you to buy his Bedouin inspired range when it comes out, it may be time to go to the shops for that packet of cigarettes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Have to say, as a Kerryman, enjoyed seeing Paul redefine the role of the half forward in football, he was some player. Loved seeing him run Cork ragged, even as his career declined the sight of him striding out and packs of Cork players hunting him down, he could turn a game around. Galvin and Brian Dooher changed the game in the 00s in a way that more gifted players like Cooper couldn't, they made half forwards into the tracking back hard tackling types we see today.

But now, he just looks and sounds like a gob****e.

Yeah he'd have been a legend if he just faded away into the background after his playing career!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I love this thread!

nkav86 wrote: »
    I love this thread!

No need to lurk in the ladies lounge anymore.

Paul-Galvin-381x585.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd say none of you would slag him to his face though . :)

I wouldn't buy his clobber. It's aimed at young fellas I'd say but I still wouldn't buy it if I was a young fella.

I neither like nor dislike him but it's a typical Irish/small town thing to slag a guy off just because he's a bit different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

He deserves some credit for breaking away from the usually rather conservative image I have of gaa players.

seachto7 wrote: »

I wouldn't buy his clobber. It's aimed at young fellas I'd say but I still wouldn't buy it if I was a young fella.

I neither like nor dislike him but it's a typical Irish/small town thing to slag a guy off just because he's a bit different.

Yeah, that's what's happening here.

Ironically, "you wouldn't say it to his face" is a classic small town-ism

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

No need to lurk in the ladies lounge anymore.

Oh, I'm gay, so definitely not lurking for that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, that's what's happening here.

Ironically, "you wouldn't say it to his face" is a classic small town-ism

And it's different in the big smoke is it? Nope.

And it's different in the big smoke is it? Nope.

You're right, it's not. That's why you labelling anyone who criticises him as 'small-town' confused me.

Very good friends of mine have told him they'd kill/bury him, to his face. And punched and kicked him, and taken punches and kicks.

I should explain. That was in the context of club games in Kerry. Afterwards, they shook hands with one of the great players of the 00s and left it all on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

What an odd sentiment in a thread like this.

People are slagging the style/fashion of someone who has released a clothing collection accompanied by silly comments on his inspiration and influences. No different than criticising bad pop singer or crap writer. If it was slagging a random GAA lad's outfit for a night on the town you might have a point.

As for saying it to his face - why would anyone who thinks his collection is crap say it to his face under normal circumstances? It wouldn't be brave or honest or saying it like it is - it would just be rude. No more than I'd shout at Niall Horan to tell him I think he's talentless, or Cecelia Aherne to tell her her books are sh1t.

But if the implication of your comment is that people would be afraid to slag to his face - then that's just silly. It's not like Galvin is some renowned hard man. If people are the type to slag people to their face about their clothes or talent, I doubt they'd be deterred from slagging this lad. I did actually see him get a slagging walking through the city once - he laughed it off in fairness to him.

Advertisement