Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Galvins Dunnes gear.

Options
  • 23-08-2016 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

Well, have any of yous bought any of that clobber? I'm reluctant, mainly because I don't want to look like a cross between a member of Mumford and Sons and One Direction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I fly to New York at Christmas to shop for next year's styles. London in spring. Paris in the fall and Milan in summer. So no I don't shop in dunnes nor do i care what some gaa head thinks about anything when it comes to gentlemen style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I looked at it as I was passing that section but walked on. When I seen the name and looked at the various shirts jackets etc all I could see in my mind was that ape galvin. Its very dull and boring designs, a bit like galvin I suppose. I made sure to tell my wife also never to buy anything for me from that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

More interestingly has anyone seen the video of himself "allegedly" on a dance floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I spend as much money on yer man of the Galvins as I do of the Costellos.
    Dunnes needs a massive overhaul IMO if they want to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well at least Dunnes are coming up with their own stuff rather than stealing the designs of Karen Millen like they did before
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/supreme-court-dismisses-dunnes-karen-millen-appeal-1.1874544
    The lengthy legal battle between British fashion company Karen Millen and Dunnes Stores over the copying of designs has finally concluded with the dismissal by the Supreme Court of Dunnes’ appeal in the case.
    Dunnes faces a substantial legal costs bill arising from the litigation. The dismissal order, and a costs order against Dunnes, was made by the Supreme Court yesterday in light of a European Court of Justice ruling last month rejecting key arguments advanced by Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well at least Dunnes are coming up with their own stuff rather than stealing the designs of Karen Millen like they did before
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/supreme-court-dismisses-dunnes-karen-millen-appeal-1.1874544
    Hardly! Their brand savida had fake valentinos for ages. Surprised they weren't sued tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I fly to New York at Christmas to shop for next year's styles. London in spring. Paris in the fall and Milan in summer. So no I don't shop in dunnes nor do i care what some gaa head thinks about anything when it comes to gentlemen style.

Ireland, the only country in the world where Colm 'The Gooch' Cooper could pull more girls in a club than a male model.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

BabyE wrote: »
    Ireland, the only country in the world where Colm 'The Gooch' Cooper could pull more girls in a club than a male model.

D'ya reckon chicks call out his nickname when they're getting down to business?

We're a mad country in fairness, average looking horsed face modeles, Brian O'Driscoll considered a 'sex icon' because we so needed a sports sex symbol to match David Beckham and now some muck savage has his own fashion line. Like the Lad looks like Screech from Saved by the Bells sportier twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Had a look at the range there; the model looks like the local 'cool lad' from some sh1t country town circa 1988 who hangs around outside the chipper selling 5-spots.

http://m.dunnesstores.com/view-all/paul-galvin/fcp-category/list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sabat wrote: »
    Had a look at the range there; the model looks like the local 'cool lad' from some sh1t country town circa 1988 who hangs around outside the chipper selling 5-spots.

Jesus I havent heard someone say '5 spot' in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Galvin is a pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well, it is the only country he lives in? And he is a remarkably successful sportsman? And models tend to be a little vapid? By reputation, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Not a single nice item there. And the 'dropped crotch' grey tracksuit bottoms. Euww.

Plain long tops and awful skinny jeans, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Fair play to Paul galvin for trying, fair play to dunnes for trying to push and promote his fashion. Hope it works out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Not a fan of his gear but wouldn't begrudge him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

"Paul Galvan dropped crotch joggers", sounds like a venereal disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Some of the stuff looks like it would be borderline too young looking on an 18 year old, let alone a man 20 years older. H&M sell all the same kind of stuff at a fraction of the price. I dont know who the target market for this stuff is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I never seem to understand the appeal of Galvin. He gets the píss taken out of him all the time, do people actually think that his clothing range would sell? Or is it a case that women who fancy them would buy the stuff for their partners?

Also you'd want your head examined to pay a premium in Dunnes Stores for their Costelloe, Harrington and Galvin range.
    Similar to going into Debenhams and saying you much prefer their Jasper Conran range to the own brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Jaysis,dowdy looking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It never ceases to amaze me, how many different designs there can be for a solid coloured top.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just because Galvin has a little bit of dress sense doesn't make him a fashion icon. I took a look at his Dunnes range and its nothing special - and definitely overpriced. Better to go to H&M or Debenhams IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I didn't know who he was so I googled him. His clothing range is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm holding out for his wooden plank range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm holding out for his wooden plank range.
    We can dream but I don't think you'll find one better than Paul Costello.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not true, I've seen the gooch been rejected quite a few times on nights out..the other lads had their pick of the girls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

smash wrote: »
    We can dream but I don't think you'll find one better than Paul Costello.

"Dropped Crotch Wooden Plank". It almost describes Galvin.

siblers wrote: »
    Not true, I've seen the gooch been rejected quite a few times on nights out..the other lads had their pick of the girls though.

SLAYERS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Paul looks awful young
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/cdn/paul-galvin/

and no, I don't play to buy anything just because he fronts it.
    Lads that buy stuff just because Beckham, McGregor etc wore it are just sheep.

Advertisement