Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Galvins Dunnes gear.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Remember seeing him on the telly at an Allstars award years ago before he got involved in designing and before he was well known really...he waddled on to the stage in skinny style black trousers,making up the bottom half of the tux outfit(now this is years before skinny jeans were "in")-it looked like he tried to squeeze into his confirmation pants(but again his confirmation pants would not have been that tight fitting)
    The birth of a style victim at the GAA Allstars do...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

IMG_2961.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg

LOL

My face is sore from laughing at that picture.
    Feckin eejit :D

The crochital "arrangement " in that photo is quite disturbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Has anyone ever bought any of the expensive Dunnes gear from the Galvin, Costello, etc lines?

I was wondering given how expensive they are what the quality of the garment is like, at least if you found a rare item you liked and it was hard wearing the price would be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 30,306 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anyone ever bought any of the expensive Dunnes gear from the Galvin, Costello, etc lines?

I was wondering given how expensive they are what the quality of the garment is like, at least if you found a rare item you liked and it was hard wearing the price would be ok

I honestly don't know. I know my brother sometimes gives the designer home ware stuff as gifts and I think he uses some of the stuff himself. I think the quality is good enough. I haven't bought any of it tough. If I did see something in the Paul Galvin range I liked I might chance it because some of it isn't price to high. I wouldn't buy anything in the Paul Costello collection tough mainly because he seems like a horrible man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

jojofizzio wrote: »
    The crochital "arrangement " in that photo is quite disturbing

Saw a post on Facebook

"You can see what religion he is in those jeans" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

awful stuff. the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg

LOL

My face is sore from laughing at that picture.
    Feckin eejit :D

Well, the first thing that jumps out at me here that I haven't seen mentioned is that he wearing a T-shirt with a low enough neck that there could potentially be a lot of chest hair on show. No. Just, NO.

Secondly, truly stylish people make it all look effortless. It's part of what makes them stylish, that insouciance. This is the polar opposite of effortless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

colm_mcm wrote: »
    IMG_2961.jpg

Hang on - is that photoshopped ? It can't look like that in real life?

The times we live in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

£30 to look like a street urchin is a bargain.

1218102_brown.jpg

http://www.dunnesstores.com/paul-galvin-baker-boy-hat/view-all/dunnesstores/fcp-product/1218102?colour=brown

The prices are in sterling so it must mean they're actually trying to sell them in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

^Peaky Wind Ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

This season the I-just-escaped-from-the-mental-hospital look is all the rage.

1212156_oatmeal_2.jpg

1212156_oatmeal_2.jpg

Ffs ! How big are those boots ??

When is his Bedouin range due out? That should be sure to raise some lols

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1212156_oatmeal_2.jpg

i wonder where he got his inspiration from?

latest?cb=20130613032921

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

1212156_oatmeal_2.jpg
    I don't understand.
    Is it expected that people would go out in public dressed like this, or are they underclothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

1218102_brown.jpg

"Extra, Extra! Read all about it!
    Al Capone found guilty of tax evasion!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

colm_mcm wrote: »
    IMG_2961.jpg

So 1980's Soccer Training kit is fashion now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So 1980's Soccer Training kit is fashion now?

I thinks it part of the casual/court appearance selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I was at Jimmy's Hall in the Abbey last week. It made me think of the Galvin collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This thread just keeps giving lols, Galvins just out of the mental hospital look has me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This thread just keeps giving lols, Galvins just out of the mental hospital look has me in stitches.

Agreed, that "how to be a man" article was some of the most inadvertently hilarious stuff I've seen in a long time. And I'm still none the wiser as to how to be a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

i wonder where he got his inspiration from?

latest?cb=20130613032921

His man size isnt that big, id be looking like putting up a tent sideways in that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

1212156_oatmeal_2.jpg

His man size isnt that big, id be looking like putting up a tent sideways in that thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Oh... my god. I think this is worse than the other outfit! He can wear whatever he wants but style it ain't!

Paul_Galvin_-_Copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I liked Paul Galvin as a footballer but his fashion range is absolutly woeful. If he's making money out of it fair play to him but I'd find that hard to believe. Could you imagine going on a night out dressed in the Shelby gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Oh... my god. I think this is worse than the other outfit! He can wear whatever he wants but style it ain't!

Paul_Galvin_-_Copy.jpg

The peaky blinders gear, yes I can live with that quite easily...The denim jacket I can handle, but leggings and denim shorts, wt actual f?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,306 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I liked Paul Galvin as a footballer but his fashion range is absolutly woeful. If he's making money out of it fair play to him but I'd find that hard to believe. Could you imagine going on a night out dressed in the Shelby gear.

I'd love to know the sales stats for this. I've actually rarely seen people wear it. It's also only in a few of there stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

_Dara_ wrote: »

Paul_Galvin_-_Copy.jpg
    Did he raid Louise Duffy's wardrobe for those short shorts

Advertisement