Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife Attack London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Well I have been to Somalia,I have dealt with quite a few and yes many are off their head.

Mental health issue is a poor lame excuse. It's amazing that many have mental health issues bur continue to murder and kill.

Ask people from Scandinavia what they think of Somalian refugees too. Most won't have much nice things to say.

Lmao. What so you were just wondering around Somalia looking for mnetally ill people to gawk at for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lmao. What so you were just wondering around Somalia looking for mnetally ill people to gawk at for no reason?

your post makes no sense whatsoever

Alive1 wrote: »
    Hes Norwegian,
    Norway is not in the Middle East its in Northern Europe.

I was born in a stable. Im a horse am I?:pac::pac:

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Mo Farah turned out alright :)

Did He? really?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alive1

He killed an American, hurted a Jewish Person and Australian.

I suppose its just sheer coincidence again, oh ya im off my head. Im off to murder few people I dont like and call it Mental Health issue, sure you just said im off my head;)

im tad sarcastic

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36972126

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a US citizen was killed and five other people were injured in a knife attack in central London.
    Police believe the attack in Russell Square on Wednesday was "spontaneous", with victims "selected at random".

Random, spontaneous.
    I apologise if the facts do not suit you well recorded Islamaphobic agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Hes Norwegian,

Whats all this Somalia business then? I will not feel safe until somene can confirm he is not from the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I suppose its just sheer coincidence again
    , oh ya im off my head. Im off to murder few people I dont like and call it Mental Health issue, sure you just said im off my head;)

im tad sarcastic

Are you claiming to know more than the assistant commissioner?
    Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said it appeared terrorism was not a motive in the Russell Square attack.

He said: "Whilst the investigation is not yet complete, all of the work we have done so far increasingly points to this tragic incident having been triggered by mental health issues."

Mr Rowley described it as a "spontaneous attack and the victims were selected at random".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I was at a festival recently in London, with "when" still in the air, and I got on the underground, stayed with crowds of people, heck, even had a Muslim staying in the hostel room with me and, as it turned out, the hostel was actually in an area populated by Muslims and other religions, all in their religious garbs.

And not once did the possibility of a terrorist attack happening enter my head. Why? Because, realistically I'm much more likely to get killed by a car while crossing the road here in Galway than I am of dying/being injured in a terrorist attack anywhere else. But it wouldn't stop me from going outside and crossing the road, so why should it stop me from travelling?

Since Failinis was responding to my post about my choice not to London travel during a high level security threat , I will answer . Basically it's down to individual preferences . If someone is afraid that is their business . I would think the element of not having any control is a factor in that . You can choose whether to speed, make dangerous overtaking maneouvers, wear your seatbelt , drive under the influence , or other things that affect your risk of dying on the road . Most accidents are down to one of those things .

There is also the element of the atmosphere of a place . I personally prefer not to visit a city where people are either afraid or have to be defiant in the face of a threat .BUT visiting London meant little to me and it was an easy choice .

Go , don't go , it's your choice . It's not an achievement either way . There are no medals . I could not care less and I am surprised it concerns people whether the rest of us go or not . It's actually nobody's business .

Since Failinis was responding to my post about my choice not to London travel during a high level security threat , I will answer . Basically it's down to individual preferences . If someone is afraid that is their business . I would think the element of not having any control is a factor in that . You can choose whether to speed, make dangerous overtaking maneouvers, wear your seatbelt , drive under the influence , or other things that affect your risk of dying on the road . Most accidents are down to one of those things .

You have zero choice over a car knocking you down as you cross the road or walk on the footpath, so are you going to lock yourself indoors?

The point I'm making is that living in a world of fear and stopping yourself from doing said activities is giving exactly what the terrorists you're afraid of want.

You're right, it is down to your own individual preferences and I am answering based on my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

The Gentleman is of Somalian decent.

No surprise really

theres about 30 knife attacks in London everyday but when this hit the news my first thought I bet he's somali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Whats all this Somalia business then? I will not feel safe until somene can confirm he is not from the Middle East.

Somalian immigrant to Norway is what all the major outlets are now reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You have zero choice over a car knocking you down as you cross the road or walk on the footpath, so are you going to lock yourself indoors?

The point I'm making is that living in a world of fear and stopping yourself from doing said activities is giving exactly what the terrorists you're afraid of want.

You're right, it is down to your own individual preferences and I am answering based on my own opinion.

You're assuming people are terrified . There is no ''wor of fear '' for lots of people therefore they don't need to prove themselves or make a point. I've seen no evidence of anyone locking themselves in or modifying their routine out of fear . As I said maybe it-London or Paris - just doesn't seem attractive under the circumstance . I'm not going to be knocked down , it's easy enough to look both ways .I couldn't care less about the ''that's what they want '' line, it's an irritating soundbite. Do what you want . Less of the assumptions and preaching please .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Mo Farah? He seemed like such a nice lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Because the usual troglodytes are slavering at the mouth waiting to blame a Muslim for a "terrorist" attack.
    Insults, yeah that's just what a thread of speculation and jumping the gun needed.

I was born in a stable. Im a horse am I?:pac::pac:
    Where was the stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Where was the stable?

born in a stable? sounds very middle eastern to me , probably a terrorist

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36972126

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a US citizen was killed and five other people were injured in a knife attack in central London.
    Police believe the attack in Russell Square on Wednesday was "spontaneous", with victims "selected at random".

Random, spontaneous.
    I apologise if the facts do not suit you well recorded Islamaphobic agenda.

Im sorry if your Anti Semitic posts dont suit your agenda

donegal. wrote: »
    born in a stable? sounds very middle eastern to me , probably a terrorist

I'd never think of people being from Kerry and the Healey-Raes as being terrorists, but maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alive1

Im sorry if your Anti Semitic posts dont suit your agenda

Post makes no logical sense in English language.
    Are you perchance a Syrian refugee or other immigrant???:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Hes Norwegian,

So it's not Muslim migrants who are going around killing innocent westerners. It's only their offspring. So that's fine then. Can't wait for the next generation.

And Somalia isn't in the Middle East either.

• Advertisement

Post makes no logical sense in English language.
    Are you perchance a Syrian refugee or other immigrant???:confused::confused::confused:

You're does not go:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭LuckyRoche

Hes Norwegian,

Somalian immigrant. Somebody born in Somalia and who is ethnically Somali is.....

Norwegian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone please put this thread out of our misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭LuckyRoche

What does the name have to do with anything, anyway? Knife crimes and stabbings have been happening in London and, I believe, this isn't the first of such attacks. The only reason we're hearing about it is because the world is eager to jump at claims of terrorism. Otherwise it'd be a couple-word writeup on the sidebar of a tabloid newspaper.

The important aspect here is people getting stabbed by strangers.

Two gangsta kids slashing each other to ribbons over 'gang debts' etc does not concern me that much because there is motive and me, being a random stranger is not likely to get involved.

A random stranger getting slashed to ribbons Would concern me and these incidents usually makes headline's (if only local) because that could be anyone therefore presenting a higher safety risk to everyone in the community.

Within this context, we have a pretty low rate for these kinds of attacks. Yes there is a violence problem within London but many of these attacks are contained within troubled communities and are between people engaging each other.

It's perfectly normal for these random and wanton acts of extreme random violence to get coverage. They were relatively unusual up until relatively recently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Noveight wrote: »
    Six or so minutes between being called and making an arrest.

Fair play to them.

Not bad. But then, that's in the middle of a major city. You'd hope they can do it in about that amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

LuckyRoche wrote: »
    The important aspect here is people getting stabbed by strangers.

Two gangsta kids slashing each other to ribbons over 'gang debts' etc does not concern me that much because there is motive and me, being a random stranger is not likely to get involved.

A random stranger getting slashed to ribbons Would concern me and these incidents usually makes headline's (if only local) because that could be anyone therefore presenting a higher safety risk to everyone in the community.

Within this context, we have a pretty low rate for these kinds of attacks. Yes there is a violence problem within London but many of these attacks are contained within troubled communities and are between people engaging each other.

It's perfectly normal for these random and wanton acts of extreme random violence to get coverage. They were relatively unusual up until relatively recently.

No they weren't. You can find plenty of mass stabbings, shootings and bombings unconnected with terrorism every year across the world.

Name these "mass" bombings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Name these "mass" bombings?

• Mass stabbings
    • Shootings
    • Bombings
    Hope that clarifies it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

bombings unconnected with terrorism every year across the world.

Name 20 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Name 20 this year.

..that's oddly specific. Afraid if you give any lower numbers for a very specific form of attack for a seven-month period it might actually be doable?

Having said that, bombing in particular is a particularly terrorism-related stunt. Loud, many casualties, scares the crap out of people. And there are many different variations of terrorism in the world, even though I suspect Islamic terrorism was what was being discussed.

I think we both know that if you'd been somewhat fair in your challenge and actually let him have even 100 non-terrorism relating stabbings/shootings/bombings, he wouldn't raise a sweat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement