Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite body type in the opposite sex?

Options

Comments

Story Bud? wrote: »
    That's not short. It's slightly below average at worst.
    tigger123 wrote: »
    If you're 5'7 I really think you're letting this get to you waaaaay too much

I'd actually say my max height is tiny bit below 5'7, I'm probably about 5'6.75 on average and trust me you can feel the difference. Even if whatever height I am incidentally happened to be considered "forgiveable" by a small percentage of women, it doesn't stop it being the case that at some point along the descending scale of height, men of a certain height start to face a situation where they receive very little sexual interest. Celebrities etc. aside, a man of 5 foot 2 is going to find it tough, to put it mildly. And I'm sure any 5'2 celebrity man would trade every bit of fame/riches/female attention to be say 5'10. Strange thing is I barely noticed my height until I saw all the stuff people would say online about short people, so maybe I am brainwashed to a certain degree (social media/ internet age upping peoples standards for attractiveness, increased social compeititon and a huge increase in average height of males in the last 15 years are probably at the root of peoples opinions nowadays). Thank you both for your replies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I'd actually say my max height is tiny bit below 5'7, I'm probably about 5'6.75 and trust me you can feel the difference. Even if whatever height I am incidentally happened to be considered "forgiveable" by a small percentage of women, it doesn't stop it being the case that at some point along the descending scale of height, men of a certain height start to face a situation where they receive very little sexual interest. Celebrities etc. aside, a man of 5 foot 2 is going to find it tough, to put it mildly. And I'm sure any 5'2 celebrity man would trade every bit of fame/riches/female attention to be say 5'10. Thank you both for your replies though.

Sorry man, you can't change physical attributes, but you can change your attitude for sure. That's not a dig in any way btw, just echoing the points Tigger made.

Story Bud? wrote: »
    Sorry man, you can't change physical attributes, but you can change your attitude for sure.

Thanks. Hard not to have a sense though that you're just trying to deny reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband is 5'7" at a push and he's the greatest ride of a person inside and out :) Not everyone wants a skyscraper of a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thanks. Hard not to have a sense though that you're just trying to deny reality.

The reality is that most people have something they dislike about themselves. Yes, it's not ideal if pinning your hopes on being the social norm, but low self esteem will hinder you way more.

• Advertisement

Nah, sure look, plenty of men wouldn't be in to my shape I'm sure. But that doesn't mean I should take it to heart when I've got this unbelievablyamazing personality (jk), and my body is exactly what some men really do love.

Chin up, chest out, and smile (not like a crazy person you understand!!!). Don't be defined by what you can't change :)

(and btw, I'm not belittling your concerns. I would have been quite low on the old self esteem myself when I was younger so I do get it.)

We all have ideals and preferences when it comes to attraction but that's not what we fall in love with. Chemistry is about so much more. A 6'4 hairy man beast would be great but the last guy I was mad about was a skinny 5'8.

I do empathise with you because we live in a world where so much emphasis is placed upon how we look. Really it comes down to the old cliché of loving yourself and being comfortable in the body you have. I don't have a tiny waist and a D cup but what I do have is mine and I'm proud of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I say I want a tall bear of a man, but that is like my ideal. That said, my last boyfriend was the same height as me (5' 7) and a skinny wee thing and we were very happy.

So again to reiterate what others have said, while we are talking about our ideals, that doesn't mean we won't consider others outside of that. I myself, as an auld overweight hallion have to depend on a guy getting to know me before I have any romantic chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I asked a friend of mine this question. He is in his 40s. His answer was 'I have no idea, but it is great fun finding out'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Small men are cute. I dated someone who was smaller than me and I'm pretty small. I never even noticed about his height. I don't think it bothered him either. Stop worrying so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

A little bit muscly but not too much.
    Too much muscle is a turn off for me.

Strong thighs.
    Toned tummy.
    Strong arms.
    Taller then me but not too much.

If they haven't shaved their pubes, I don't care if they're a Calvin Klein model - down there hair is feckin disgusting on any gender.
    Bleurgh :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

i love chubby girls

No I didn't?

I would be more nervous approaching someone hot.

You said men get more nervous approaching average women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You said men get more nervous approaching average women.

Hotter women

No. The guy is more nervous chatting up a more 'average' lady.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

You can be a tall guy with a large body frame (hence broad shoulders) and still be more 'cuddly' in proportions.
    Conversly I know lots of weedy guys who live in the gym and eat protein every 5 seconds. They're small and muscular but will never have the amazing broad shoulders of a well built 6 footer :D

That's just total nonsense really lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Those 'my 600lb life' girls are ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Joke away. I'm more numb to it now than you'd believe. You know a situation is bad when you have to admit to yourself that many people consider you worthless, if only at a subconscious level.

Sapiosexual is your way to go so. I like tall, but a very interesting man with a big brain that he knows how to use trumps over anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Small men are cute. I dated someone who was smaller than me and I'm pretty small. I never even noticed about his height. I don't think it bothered him either. Stop worrying so much.

That reminds me, do men mind being called cute? I couldn't stop laughing when I witnessed this while out shopping one day.
    Olishi4 wrote: »
    Not strange but made me laugh when a toddler in the shop the other day was sitting in the trolley and a little girl said to her mother, "awh look at him, he's sooooo cute". This infuriated the toddler and he replied by shouting back "IM NOT CUTE, IM NOOOT CUTE". The little girl was walking away to the end of the aisle and he was still shouting at her, disgusted, "IM NOT CUTE"

That reminds me, do men mind being called cute? I couldn't stop laughing when I witnessed this while out shopping one day.

I'm not sure whether they do or not tbh. That's funny though :)

• Advertisement

Personally I don't like it, feels condescending and emasculating. Would have appreciated it when I was a teenager though!

I don't think it's appropriate to call an adult cute, it's associated with kids and childishness. I'm small and I hate being called cute, but I'd say it's even more loaded for men.

Candie wrote: »
    I don't think it's appropriate to call an adult cute, it's associated with kids and childishness. I'm small and I hate being called cute, but I'd say it's even more loaded for men.

I call adults cute, but it's for things they've done rather than their appearance.

That's different tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Candie wrote: »

I dislike it myself (happens surprisingly often .......though doubt anyone means it as a putdown)

......puppies are cute....not someone who should be your equal

I just brush it off tbh

I dislike it myself (happens surprisingly often .......though doubt anyone means it as a putdown)

......puppies are cute....not someone who should be your equal

I just brush it off tbh

I know, I'm the same.

My old boss would call me sweetie and suchlike, and rather than make him feel bad (I genuinely love the guy and we got on really well) I just let it slide. I'm sometimes called cute and I don't mind it much outside of work, inside of work isn't the place though.

Alright, alright. I won't call them cute anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

As I grew up I learned I don't have a type. Just someone who can turn me on, have an intelligent chat with me and a girl that I can have a laugh with.

I think having a predefined type is by its nature limiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Weird the way deformed buttocks seem to be in these days. Some even getting implants. What ever happened to 'Does my bum look big in this?'.

I blame Kim Kardashian.

• Advertisement

Weird the way deformed buttocks seem to be in these days. Some even getting implants. What ever happened to 'Does my bum look big in this?'.

I blame Kim Kardashian.

She is the reason. Think she started contouring too but am not entirely sure. It's an epidemic.

Advertisement