Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite body type in the opposite sex?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I work out and take care of myself. I like a tall, muscular man. Big arms.

How come you edited it?

Nothing wrong with liking what you like :)

I work out and take care of myself too, but I'm still squishier than I would prefer :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Story Bud? wrote: »
    How come you edited it?

Nothing wrong with liking what you like :)
    +1. My preference in women is for long of limb and thin. Heavier builds do not do it for me. It's what I like and it is what it is.

Hell I don't like myself getting stodgy and if my jeans start to get tight I dial back on the grub. It's generally easier for a man to lose weight. Lower levels of overall body fat, more lean muscle tissue, no pregnancy/monthly/menopause hormonal madness, much more testosterone etc. TBH if pushed(and I'd have to be as I don't particularly care) I'd probably be more judgemental of another bloke growing into a dad bod more than a woman getting fat*.

*I'm talking about getting soft around the middle, beer gut etc. Properly obese is a different thing and far more complex and harder to come back from.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1. My preference in women is for long of limb and thin.

I'm defo not your type wibbles :D

I'm short, with an arse and tits and thighs. I've a tiny waist which is the only reason I tend to get away with wobbling a bit more.

no wobbling for wibbs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Wibbs wrote:
    +1. My preference in women is for long of limb and thin. Heavier builds do not do it for me. It's what I like and it is what it is.

Is this why some men go off their partners after a few years.If that's the type you're attracted to and settle with but she puts on weight down the line due to any different reason then would the man be less(or not at all) attracted to her?

Colser wrote: »
    Is this why some men go off their partners after a few years.If that's the type you're attracted to and settle with but she puts on weight down the line due to any different reason then would the man be less(or not at all) attracted to her?

Happens in reverse too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

i think this is an interesting topic as I think while 'like attracts like' when it comes to physical attraction, most men and women will go for a certain type that usually isn't reciprocated. i.e 'average' people attracted to very fit/athletic men or very slim and toned (but with small curves) women.

I find whenever I gain significant weight the ONLY men i attract are similarly overweight men OR very skinny/scrawny ones. while when I'm in shape i'll get all of those ones plus some more athletic/fit men too. i'd be off their radar entirely at a higher weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Story Bud? wrote:
    Happens in reverse too!

I'm sure it does but doesn't it prove that it's not really what's on the inside that counts etc. as outside matters as much if not more even when you've been together for years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

With the Olympics starting today I have to say high jumpers do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I'm sure it does but doesn't it prove that it's not really what's on the inside that counts etc. as outside matters as much if not more even when you've been together for years?

Different strokes and all that.
    I think you are right though, some people start off together with shapes that turn each other on like wild things.
    Then we all get old and our shapes change. For most (I think) couples that is ok, they still turn each other on and live happily ever after.
    But for others they dont and that can lead to all sorts of messiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What does work with the women is havin an Irish accent in the UK. :D. Like fishing with dynamite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Can happen alright. I'm not so sure how often though. I think if the weight gain is based on "I've got a man/woman now, so I'll go back to what is normal for me" then yeah, I'd be gone in that case TBH. Ditto for similar leading to personality changes. I knew a woman, a sister of a mate whose body size ranged widely. Slim and trim while single and in the very early stages, going up 2 and 3 dress sizes after the relationships were established.

I've noticed down the years that some people can vary quite a bit in weight during their lifetimes. Men and women, though more obvious with women as they tend to diet more. IMH their heavier is their "natural" weight.
    Happens in reverse too!
    Very much so. I've seen it and have seen the results. IE woman stayed trim and very presentable through a few babies too, while the guy at the same time went full on middle aged tubby dad bod. Then he wondered why beds were only for sleeping in…

Now yes people change and age, but IMH there is feck all excuse beyond actual medical conditions and obesity starting in childhood for anybody to go corpulent before 50, even after that.
    cookiexx wrote: »
    i think this is an interesting topic as I think while 'like attracts like' when it comes to physical attraction, most men and women will go for a certain type that usually isn't reciprocated. i.e 'average' people attracted to very fit/athletic men or very slim and toned (but with small curves) women.

I find whenever I gain significant weight the ONLY men i attract are similarly overweight men OR very skinny/scrawny ones. while when I'm in shape i'll get all of those ones plus some more athletic/fit men too. i'd be off their radar entirely at a higher weight.
    Sure there's an element of that too. Not just with men batting way out of their league, I've seen it with women too(they might have more success, but it's nigh on always at just a fling level). And I mean actually out of their league. When you hear folks say my girl/boyfriend is out of my league I have found it's extremely rarely that this is the case and a few studies have shown this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

There's no 'all of the above' option. I've found many different people attractive at various times in my life. I've been attracted to skinny people, short ones, tall ones, portly ones, muscular ones...there's no one 'type' that I can point to and say that's the one I prefer. I prefer the person. If I find them attractive, I find them attractive. End of story.

In other words, you will ride anything?

Joke btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'm no oil painting, but I'm 6'2" broad shoulders, pretty active and strong build... Just what my wife likes.

Thankfully she fits my perfect 'type' for a partner. Size 10/12, curvaceous, with a savage arse and perfect breasts. She's also 8 years younger and an absolute ride. It helps that she's also like 'one of the lads' personality wise.

If it sounds like I'm gloating, I am. ;P

I'm defo not your type wibbles :D

I'm short, with an arse and tits and thighs. I've a tiny waist which is the only reason I tend to get away with wobbling a bit more.

no wobbling for wibbs :P

How you dooooin' ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Nice legs is a must.

After that, tall, a tight shapely arse, large but not enormous boobs, slim waisted but not too skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

With the Olympics starting today I have to say high jumpers do it for me.

Has to be beach volleyball!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Yes that Russian high jumper Yelena Somethingkova is hot as

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

It's to prevent them from getting caught in our bicycle chains! If anything it shows we're highly intelligent!

Don't fancy us then! :mad:

sorry babes, i love me the wild wreckless types, trackies in sh1te from chain chewing, rawr! :p

Advertisement