Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite body type in the opposite sex?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

The username has been unsuccessful thus far :pac:

I still think physical attraction is necessary no matter how much in common you have with someone

I think some people get into relationships with 'less attractive' people because it makes them feel less threatened in the relationship. They don't have to wonder is the other person being chatted up/tempted away when they're not around.
    It also takes the pressure off you to have to try and maintain the best version of yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Chill out there Sherlock

https://i.imgur.com/GDU2xh8.gifv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Some ppl are sayin they like big broad shoulders and in the next sentence sayin they don't like muscles. What ya'll think big broad shoulders are made from.....bone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

learn_more wrote: »
    Some ppl are sayin they like big broad shoulders and in the next sentence sayin they don't like muscles. What ya'll think big broad shoulders are made from.....bone?

You can be a tall guy with a large body frame (hence broad shoulders) and still be more 'cuddly' in proportions.
    Conversly I know lots of weedy guys who live in the gym and eat protein every 5 seconds. They're small and muscular but will never have the amazing broad shoulders of a well built 6 footer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Candie wrote: »
    That's all five foot and six-and-a-half-stone of me left broken-hearted. :(
    I'm not curvy, but I assure you I'm still a real woman.
    And a lot of the time when they say curvy, they mean very thin - but with implants!

I'm happily rail thin, I've got tiny boobs and a tiny butt, and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather that than a lifetime of watching my weight, and I've never envied bustier or rounder girls. I think the very slim figure ages better too.

We get it, you're slim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

You can be a tall guy with a large body frame (hence broad shoulders) and still be more 'cuddly' in proportions.
    Conversly I know lots of weedy guys who live in the gym and eat protein every 5 seconds. They're small and muscular but will never have the amazing broad shoulders of a well built 6 footer :D

Preach!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

I love a man with body hair, little belly six pack I don't care just give me the manly body hair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

deseil wrote: »
    I love a man with body hair, little belly six pack I don't care just give me the manly body hair!!

I love hair on a man! I'd find it weird if they shaved their legs, chest etc! Honestly if a man shaved his chest, I'd be turned off!

Mmm I like my bears

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

A pulse......... :)

I don't really have a type. The only thing I really do like is that he be tall.

And I like redheads and gingers with a beard would be nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ah it depends. A lot of modern weightlifting routines are ridiculous. Old fashioned weightlifting sessions built huge shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I voted Chubby/Portly but that isn't really it for me. I like a guy who is 6ft and taller and bulky without being exactly muscular or chubby. I like to feel like am being protected. Think John Cusack, Ben Affleck or Will Smyth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Bruce lee is quite short which as a tall girl wouldn't be an issue for me but oh he had an amazing body!

My friends father had all the Bruce Lee movies and we used to watch them at sleepovers and I just thought he had an amazing body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Athletic but not overstatedly so. A celeb example would be Michael Fassbender *dribble*

Anything resembling Schwarzenegger and he may as well be female, absolute zilch sexual attraction for that level of gym muscle. Equally any major paunch does absolutely nothing for me.

I think it's a lifestyle thing. I can think of nothing more brain-numbingly boring than sitting in doing press-ups and counting macros with my fella on a Friday night, but I wouldn't be one for heading down the pub and knocking back ten pints followed by a snack box every weekend either. I've always needed someone who can be active with me, but who enjoys food and doesn't see it as a chore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Tall and dark with lovely broad shoulders and a nice smile.

There is a bit of defensiveness in this thread. Most interesting.

We all have different tastes. If a man isn't attracted to my shape that's just how it goes. If I'm not attracted to his that's ok too. Although really as long as he is tall and not obese I'm happy. In fact I can simplify it further and say as long as chemistry exists and he is kind then I'm happy.

It's extremely depressing that as a shorter man I'll never be any girls ideal partner. It doesn't help that it is considered okay by both men and women to denigrate shorter men for possessing an undesirable trait they can do nothing about and which they probably despise themselves for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

It's extremely depressing that as a shorter man I'll never be any girls ideal partner. It doesn't help that it is considered okay by both men and women to denigrate shorter men for possessing an undesirable trait they can do nothing about and which they probably despise themselves for.

Lighten up.....

You might float and look taller!

moleyv wrote: »
    Lighten up.....

You might float and look taller!

Joke away. I'm more numb to it now than you'd believe. You know a situation is bad when you have to admit to yourself that many people consider you worthless, if only at a subconscious level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

As a married man, I can only comment that my favourite body type is.......*gun cocks*.........eh............is my wife's...........

Joke away. I'm more numb to it now than you'd believe. You know a situation is bad when you have to admit to yourself that many people consider you worthless, if only at a subconscious level.

That's ridiculous.

That's like a guy saying I love big boobs, I need at least a d cup. Think he will turn down a girl becuase he boobs are smaller than a d cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Don't worry, my back's already becoming something I'd trade a few inches for...

Ye shorties will have the last laugh when us lanky bolloxes are all crippled and checking out with heart failure :D

Don't worry, my back's already becoming something I'd trade a few inches for...

Ye shorties will have the last laugh when us lanky bolloxes are all crippled and checking out with heart failure :D

I appreciate your reply which wasn't vitriolically defensive nor dissmissive of the reality of something which hurts me very deeply.

That's ridiculous.

That's like a guy saying I love big boobs, I need at least a d cup. Think he will turn down a girl becuase he boobs are smaller than a d cup?

I don't even have things as bad as some (about 5'7 max) but I must say that if you were my height or lower you would know this is not a apt comparison. Height is something very important to women in a partner, breast size is of no importance to me and I would guess of very little importance to most men. And the fact that women are allowed by society to enhance their height but men aren't only compounds the problem.
    And you can't put on any excess weight because you look proportionally worse than a man who is taller who puts on excess weight. Nor does adding a lot muscle to your body enhance your appearance in the way it might do for someone taller - you just look out of proportion. And get people sneering at you for having a "napoleon complex". So basically you must spend your whole life living with a trait you can never like about yourself and only brings downsides but for which you get told by average height and taller people that it "doesn't matter".

anyway, dragging thread off here, sorry ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I appreciate your reply which wasn't vitriolically defensive nor dissmissive of the reality of something which hurts me very deeply.

Well, slagging yis isn't going to make it any worse than defending yis would make it any better, so I walk the thin line....

At least as best I can with my dodgy knee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's ridiculous.

You said you would be less nervous approaching someone with smaller boobs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I don't even have things as bad as some (about 5'7 max)

That's not short. It's slightly below average at worst.

I'm a woman who is also below average height. You'd be plenty taller than me, and plenty taller than a lot of my friends.

I know lots of men around your height in very happy relationships, one of whom even married a very hot women who is 5'10". Shock horror. My own Dad is much smaller than you and my mam is around your height!

Honestly, don't be worrying about your height, unless your no 1. deal breaker is for your women to be 6ft then you're not really going to face much of a challenge just because of you're no Devin Toner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭tigger123

I don't even have things as bad as some (about 5'7 max) ...

If you're 5'7 I really think you're letting this get to you waaaaay too much; this is your hang up (not their requirement), and there's tonnes of women out there happily date you. Look at Prince for godsake, he was a sex symbol and was 5'.

The difficulty I'd say is that you're letting it affect your thinking when you're interacting with women, and therefore it's having an affect on your confidence, which will turn a woman straight off.

Great thing about women is they are much more forgiving (in general) than men; they want to be with a hot guy, but their definition of hot is much more varied.

• Advertisement

You said you would be less nervous approaching someone with smaller boobs though.

No I didn't?

I would be more nervous approaching someone hot.

Advertisement