Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite body type in the opposite sex?

Options

Comments

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Which translates to:

"No you don't mean A, you mean B."

No, it doesn't. I means some people equate curvy with busty, not necessarily with the booty as well.

But work away with your erroneous 'translations'. I'm sure you know what I mean better than I do.

Candie wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. I means some people equate curvy with busty, not necessarily with the booty as well.

But work away with your erroneous 'translations'. I'm sure you know what I mean better than I do.

Gone from a lot to some......
    Glad you are realising your own errors. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'm not even getting into this ****e haha. But she's right when she says some people class "curvy" as having a pair of tits!

There's a lot of different "definitions" for the terms related to body's out there.

I know what I meant better than you do.

If you can't accept that simple fact then there's no point in interacting anymore, is there?

I'm not even getting into this ****e haha. But she's right when she says some people class "curvy" as having a pair of tits!

There's a lot of different "definitions" for the terms related to body's out there.

I'm sure some do.
    But on average in this poll, only 4 men and 4 women out of over 190, like a skinny/thin body.
    Times have changed, a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

cantdecide wrote: »
    For the sake of discussion and truthfulness, I like *curves in general and a roundish, soft belly is very feminine IMO.

However, you have a point- I would be less into someone with flab. There are some generously proportioned women that are maybe less shapely. That said, I stand over when I say I like curvy women. I would say that 90% of examples of 'curvy' women I would probably find attractive. I don't have any reason to believe that this doesn't represent pretty standard standpoint. From my observation, most women that are not obese underestimate how attractive their shape is to a very high proportion of guys.

*I mean curvy to overweight- my attraction would probably wane from this point

I get what your saying. The word "curvy" can describe a range of body types because some very overweight/obese women use it as a euphemism when describing themselves. That's not inaccurate, but I also describe myself as curvy even though I'm a size 8 and have a flat tummy and a lean waist. My curves are my E sized boobs and my gymnast butt. Proportionately, I'm actually quitecurvy, even if I'm on the thinner side.

I think your last line is great and I hope women know that their are lots more guys out there than they think who genuinely appreciate their figures, even if they're not "model perfect." :)

I'm sure some do.
    But on average in this poll, only 4 men and 4 women out of over 190, like a skinny/thin body.
    Times have changed, a lot.

I bet if you where to go out tonight and ask people in pubs and clubs you get much more mixed response. Thin is still the majority of what people are into but ya its not as straight forward as it was. People are becoming bit more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ah, now the story has changed.

It wasn't erroneous (which means incorrect for those without a thesaurus at hand).

I wasn't respondinging to what you implied, I was responding to what you said.

I bet if you where to go out tonight and ask people in pubs and clubs you get much more mixed response. Thin is still the majority of what people are into but ya its not as straight forward as it was. People are becoming bit more open.

The last thing I'd do is ask in pubs and clubs and expect an honest, intelligent answer ;)
    Forum anonymity allows honest answers about what you "like" without being judged.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ah, now the story has changed.

It wasn't erroneous (which means incorrect for those without a thesaurus at hand).

I wasn't respondinging to what you implied, I was responding to what you said.

No, the story has not changed, and no, your 'translation' is not correct.

As I said, you do not know what I mean better than I do. You can take that and accept it, or continue to insist I meant something else. If you do that, you'll just continue to be wrong.

• Advertisement

The last thing I'd do is ask in pubs and clubs and expect an honest, intelligent answer ;)

It's not about intelligence it's about just getting an honest open off the record answer which you won't always get in every day situations.

It's not about intelligence it's about just getting an honest open off the record answer which you won't always get in every day situations.

Edit post above.
    Nothing more honest than a forum.

People tell lies in public when others are listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tall man with a cute a**e.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Tall man with a cute a**e.

Why thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

TSMGUY wrote: »
    Jesus, average is winning by a mile. Mediocrity is above muscle it seems.

I'd probably vote average as I know the type of personality/lifestyle that it takes to achieve a muscular look. They're all well and good to look at but I don't want to spend my life working out dates, etc around their gym schedule.
    Then the endless conversations about protein shakes/juicing :rolleyes:

Give me easy-going and average any day of the week.

Edit post above.
    Nothing more honest than a forum.

People tell lies in public when others are listening.

The thing is people will say average or whatever but will mean skinny or thin. They won't normally say average and mean fat or overweight or whatever.

I think most people unless there not picky or are particularly into a type will think fat is a dirty word ha.

The term curvy is an incredibly misused one. I think a lot of people look at a skinny tiny girl with a bit of an arse or big pair of tits for her body and think yep I love curvy women!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

No, the story has not changed, and no, your 'translation' is not correct.

As I said, you do not know what I mean better than I do. You can take that and accept it, or continue to insist I meant something else. If you do that, you'll just continue to be wrong.

We'll disagree then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Can we all agree any girl wearing a gaa jersey and O Neil's should be shot?

Nothing more horrifically painful to my eyes than those manky jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Are you on the gargle? So a woman playing sports should be shot now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

premier football shirt with air max and a cap on a man. *puuuuke*

• Advertisement

Yes we can.
    Can't stand it myself.
    Even if they have a big pair, it is still unattractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Noooo!!!!

Some wans are pure deadly in the jerseys.....there was a wan at the last waterford match would put a horn on a snowman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm into bigger women I have been since was a teenager. My gf is size 18 but I wouldn't class her as massively overweight. Like I said it's all about body shape. Some women and even men can pull off many different weights. Some just have awkward looking body's genetically.

But ya I'd probably find women attractive that you and most people would find "obese" which is why most people don't openly talk about having fetishs for those things.
    I know two lads just like you. They just don't find average sized, never mind thin women sexually attractive. They've always been like this. Headed straight for the fat lass. And these guys have choices(well had. Married now). These were not guys on their own ten minutes before the lights went up in the club. If they had wanted thinner women they could have gone out with thinner women, but heavier women was and remains their thing.

If such attractions were set in the human animal then all men/women would be the same size across culture and time, but they vary quite a bit. Particularly women's size. While the hip waist ratio is remarkably constant an attraction point, the overall size of the ideal has changed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I know two lads just like you. They just don't find average sized, never mind thin women sexually attractive. They've always been like this. Headed straight for the fat lass. And these guys have choices(well had. Married now). These were not guys on their own ten minutes before the lights went up in the club. If they had wanted thinner women they could have gone out with thinner women, but heavier women was and remains their thing.

If such attractions were set in the human animal then all men/women would be the same size across culture and time, but they vary quite a bit. Particularly women's size. While the hip waist ratio is remarkably constant an attraction point, the overall size of the ideal has changed.

To be honest I've been with all kinds sizes in girls I mean I went with a girl years ago for long time who was slim it didn't bother me cause I found her very good looking anyway. It did cross my mind though that I wonder what she look like if she wasn't a size ten.

The thing about admiting you prefer bigger men or women especially women is that people tend to automatically think your one of those weirdo ****ers who likes to fatten women up until there pretty much bed bound!

That's what documentary s and such will tend to teach you though.....

Noooo!!!!

Some wans are pure deadly in the jerseys.....there was a wan at the last waterford match would put a horn on a snowman

Ah stop. They are disgusting. They are a crime against humanity. The material of the Jersey is awful. The most unflattering top ever. A little bit of sick comes up.

Anyone who wears sports jerseys in public is ugly to me. Nothing worse than a middle age man outside the pub having a fag with a man utd jersey plastered across his belly.

premier football shirt with air max and a cap on a man. *puuuuke*

And matching skinny tracksuit pants.

Tracksuit pants shouldn't be worn outside the house.
    I'm not gay or a woman but I feel my ovaries crying out in pain everything I see those lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

And matching skinny tracksuit pants.

Tracksuit pants shouldn't be worn outside the house.

So people jogging and working out shouldn't wear tracksuit pants?

I imagine he means wearing them out in a non-sporting setting, like to the pub or shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ah stop. They are disgusting. They are a crime against humanity. The material of the Jersey is awful. The most unflattering top ever. A little bit of sick comes up.

Anyone who wears sports jerseys in public is ugly to me. Nothing worse than a middle age man outside the pub having a fag with a man utd jersey plastered across his belly.

Not even to all irelands etc??

Though the beer belly all day on the beer look is horrible and wouldn't be fan of it....but a decent/sound wan I wouldn't discount them over it??

(I never actually seen people wear them day to day outside attending matches though. ..as I live in backarse of nowhere)

• Advertisement

Yes. Jog around your couch instead and let me drink my bag O cans in peace.

If we must come to a compromise, then let it be Yoga pants, so I can check out dat booty.
    God bless yoga pants.

Advertisement