Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I was in my local and this flashed up on the sky ticker. I literally felt sick to the pit of my stomach and left as soon as I could. Horrifying. I'm actually frightened at the ease the numskulls in EU HQ brush these incidents off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Yes that was silly today with Froome running to the finish line after hitting a camera. Saw it on the news early. They should clear the area of photographers and meddling spectators and let those cyclists ride on.

It is such a pity that wasn't the biggest news event out of France in the past 12 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Trump is live on Fox news right now, scoring political points of this tragedy already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Using a major disaster like this to make some vague disgusting point on a poxy forum on the Internet. Great.

Jesus. Have you no shame?

Disaster? Nice wasn't hit by a hurricane or an earthquake. This was a very deliberate act rooted in religious beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

20Cent wrote: »
    They want this to be the west v Islam.

That is already the case.

And you cannot be the arbiter of what ISIS want or don't want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Using a major disaster like this to make some vague disgusting point on a poxy forum on the Internet. Great.

Jesus. Have you no shame?

He's pointing out exactly what will happen, because it happens on every single thread involving islamic terrorism incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

You've called so many people spineless, the word has lost all meaning.

Like when The Sun called Charles Kennedy spineless- while ironically comparing him to a vertebrate - a snake

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rainman16 wrote: »
    Trump is live on Fox news right now, scoring political points of this tragedy already.

Is he planning to build a wall to keep French people out of France

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Amirani wrote: »
    Says French constitution.

Besides, deport where?

Dead children and innocent citizens, emergency actions , all bets are off providing the political leadership is present .

Truck driver started by shooting at the crowd then got into his truck and drove for 2KM into people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Where is the ''not in my name'' outrage from most Muslims? There never is any.

Other than the thousands upon thousands of Muslims fighting against ISIS and dying for the cause in the Middle East as we speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're innocently standing by watching people lose their lives,It seems as if we have no voice ,It's time for us to make a choice
    Only God should decide,Who will live and who will die
    There's nothing that can't be done,If we raise our voice as one !!!!!!

They've gotta hear it from me !
    They've gotta hear it from you !
    They've gotta hear it from us !
    We can't take it
    We've already had enough !

MJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can somebody explain to me why Obama not specifically using the words 'radical Islam' matters so much to people??

Seems absolutely ridiculous - like why give a s**t.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Truck driver started by shooting at the crowd then got into his truck and drove for 2KM into people.

Is that true. Crazy stuff:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

mansize wrote: »
    Like when The Sun called Charles Kennedy spineless- while ironically comparing him to a vertebrate - a snake

I'd imagine the irony was unintentional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Aggro? He knows better. .
    My bad, I wasn't aware that you were on first name terms with Manic Moran. I'll leave you two to your foreplay, then.

/sarcasm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ah yes - let's blame the entire religion for the acts of a minority, the so called 'muslims'

No it's worse than that. What this chap did was try and make this whole attack about why his opinions were right on an anonymous comments section on the internet.

Upon hearing this news, the most important thing to this bloke was getting an "I told you so" in on a forum on the Internet. "Let's try and score some points here for my political leanings. Let's strike while the iron is hot and the bodies aren't even cold."

Let's just let that sink in for s second.

That everyone who doesn't automatically hate all Muslims is an apologist according to this guy. And he thinks now is the most appropriate time to re-share his views with us. Thanks buddy. Quality post. Good job. You can sleep now. Your job is done. You've told everyone "I told you so". Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Reported the truck drove through 2km of people....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Words can't adequately express how despicable and disgusting anyone who would do such a thing is.

Can somebody explain to me why Obama not specifically using the words 'radical Islam' matters so much to people??

Seems absolutely ridiculous - like why give a s**t.

Yea, ignorant fuccking scumbags would be totally fine with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Yes. Anyone who tries to score political points off this. (rainman16)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Damn! Unbelievable that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

That is already the case.

And you cannot be the arbiter of what ISIS want or don't want.

Most people fighting ISis are Muslim as well as most of their victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Police have answers to give. Why can a truck even access the area and get to the crowd.
    The road was blocked by police, truck forced its way.

Most people realized within seconds that this was no accident, not anyone having a fit while driving, for that reason (road obviously cleared for the night), and also, it deliberately zigzagged to hit as many as possible. (This is from a man who was there and was speaking on the phone for tv, he, his wife and son narrowly escaped the truck)

He has postponed announcing who will be his VP candidate which was due at 4pm our time today.

He did make some valid points.

Words can't adequately express how despicable and disgusting anyone who would do such a thing is.

I could fuccking try. WE ALL COULD.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

There was very vocal and widespread opposition in this country towards the IRAs bombing campaigns in England.

This. When that guy who carried out the Brussels attack was arrested earlier in the year there were riots in his community over his arrest, covered up in the media of course. Anyone who says a similar event would have occurred if someone in Dublin or Belfast had been arrested for the Omagh bombing is either a liar or a fool, at best.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Filling a truck full of explosives ain't a run of the mill thing.

Umm... Yes it is. From Oklahoma to Karachi. It's not as if the Irish haven't put a ton and a half of home made explosives into a truck and set it off a few times.

Why would you think that it's such a difficult concept?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

RIP to the victims and my thoughts are with their families.

To all those using the murder and maiming of these people as an opportunity to score cheap points shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I heard 200 meters Robert. A long distance with such a dense crowd either way.

Advertisement