Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Are you being obtuse on purpose? You have to know better. It's France, where are they going to get a few hundred kilos of explosives without getting caught? A truck is perfect, it's just a truck, how are they going to track everyone who has access to a truck?
    Why the aggro?

There's no need for (military/civvy demolition) explosives, kitchen-grade base chems/preps in large enough quantities would do the job.

Add in the fact that ISIS themselves have acknowleged that what they're "lacking most" in Europe is expert bombmakers, and that they are busy trying to smuggle them in...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

my friend wrote: »
    Will the spineless Obama finally call acts like this as those of 'radical Islam'?

Let's see.

Is there some significance, as you perceive it, as to why he does not or has not before?

He regularly refers to ISIL/Daesh, why the semantics?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Nearly time for roundups and mass deportations I think.

You can't deport French nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Could people stop posting every rumour they read on Twitter. It's difficult enough having to wade through the usual bigoted and xenophobic comments, without having to read all that unsubstantiated sh**e as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Amirani wrote: »
    Yeah, they should be everywhere all the time to stop everything. They should've known some random concert venue and restaurant would be attacked in Paris and the 6th largest city would be targeted by a truck. Terrible job they're doing.

Come on the ****, blaming completely the wrong people here.

I wasn't blaming them for the attack that's solely the result of nutjub Islamists. I was responding to the post saying the police should be commended. Each of the previous attackers were known to the police so no I won't commend them as they need to up their game. Bet the current attackers were known as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

These incidents will stop or lessen when the causes of them are addressed, Bush and Blair have a lot to do with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Funnily enough, Patrick Calvar (France's Director General of INternal Security) said this yesterday: "We are on the brink of civil war."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/688821/Patrick-Calvar-intelligence-chief-warns-France-on-brink-of-civil-war-migrant-sex-attacks

ANyway, the end of left/liberal Europe is coming around now so hopefully less dead, and less terror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

dav3 wrote: »
    Could people stop posting every rumour they read on Twitter. It's difficult enough having to wade through the usual bigoted and xenophobic comments, without having to read all that unsubstantiated sh**e as well.

Welcome to New Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

All ahead for Ireland lads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Negative_G wrote: »
    The religion of peace strikes again.

The resident AH apologists will be along very shortly to assure us everything is fine.

Using a major disaster like this to make some vague disgusting point on a poxy forum on the Internet. Great.

Jesus. Have you no shame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

dd972 wrote: »
    These incidents will stop or lessen when the causes of them are addressed, Bush and Blair have a lot to do with this.

Can you use this excuse for plainly psychotic behaviour? Aren't these people just demented at the end of the day? There is no excuse for carnage like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Amirani wrote: »
    You can't deport French nationals.

Says who? The UN ? Hah , those spineless cowards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

The resident AH apologists will be along very shortly to assure us everything is fine.

Ah yes - let's blame the entire religion for the acts of a minority, the so called 'muslims'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

RobertKK wrote: »
    Probably dead from a lot of nationalities, maybe some Irish we don't know.
    I was watching the Tour de France a couple of days ago and some beautiful scenery, they said France is the number one tourist destination in the world.
    So one can imagine people from many countries out on the promenade, happy and enjoying themselves and then here we are in a most unimaginable situation.
    When I was younger we had the cold war, but what is going on these days is far more sinister.

Yes that was silly today with Froome running to the finish line after hitting a camera. Saw it on the news early. They should clear the area of photographers and meddling spectators and let those cyclists ride on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did internment stop the IRA? No, it recruited loads of people to their cause who wouldn't otherwise have joined them. The same would happen in France.

Surveillance techniques and technology has moved on so far since the 80s. If someone is on a terrorist watchlist now, I'd be more than confident that they're not innocent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Just when I thought how great it was that the Euros in France had gone off without a hitch, Now this **** happens. If this is Terrorism, They waited until the french had their guard down, then they attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Has the backlash started yet?

We need a moderator to (for the umpteenth time) clamp down on stating the obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No need to have a go at Islam after this.

The people who do this use Islam as the excuse for their actions but this is not what Islam is about.

No different to 20 years ago how Irish Catholic Republicans were bombing children in England in the name of religion/nationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Ah yes - let's blame the entire religion for the acts of a minority, the so called 'muslims'

Where is the ''not in my name'' outrage from most Muslims? There never is any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Something has happened at the Eiffel tower too.

:(

Where is that being reported?

https://twitter.com/prefpolice/status/753719036245073920

Do not spread false rumors . No fire at #TourEiffel . Accidental fire truck took place in Jena bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You must be delighted with this? Just think if it's over 100 people dead you can really ram it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is a scary time for Europe.

France is under a state of emergency, which was to end after the Tour de France ended. They will have to keep the country under a state of emergency for much longer.
    It is hard to see what more France can do, they have stopped other attacks, but as everyone says, the terrorists only have to be successful one time.
    France must feel under siege with all these attacks over the last two years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Says French constitution.

Besides, deport where?

ambro25 wrote: »
    Why the aggro?

There's no need for (military/civvy demolition) explosives, kitchen-grade base chems/preps in large enough quantities would do the job.

Add in the fact that ISIS themselves have acknowleged that what they're "lacking most" in Europe is expert bombmakers, and that they are busy trying to smuggle them in...

Aggro? He knows better. Imagine no intelligence in Iraq or Afghanistan, how many US and NATO soldiers would've been killed? Filling a truck full of explosives ain't a run of the mill thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Will the spineless Obama finally call acts like this as those of 'radical Islam'?

Let's see.

Hopefully not.
    That's exactly what Isis want.
    They want this to be the west v Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Give them time, they have to work how exactly they're going to blame "the west"/israel/capitalism/imperialism or whatever for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

You've called so many people spineless, the word has lost all meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

All ahead for Ireland lads.

Doubt it somehow. Possible but very improbable. Thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

At this moment in time the number of dead is reported as 73.

Truly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

murpho999 wrote: »
    No different to 20 years ago how Irish Catholic Republicans were bombing children in England in the name of religion/nationalism.

There was very vocal and widespread opposition in this country towards the IRAs bombing campaigns in England.

Advertisement