Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

BoatMad wrote: »
    no the Saudis are a key failing of the west, They are the financiers and breeding ground for Sunni extremism and its all tacitly supported by elements of the regime

Exactly,and by provoking them,could excalate the situation in the region even more.
    Saudi arabia is one of the most powerful arabic nations in terms of money and military.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Exactly,and by provoking them,could excalate the situation in the region even more.
    Saudi arabia is one of the most powerful arabic nations in terms of money and military.

its a minow compared to the US , Id give the country about 6 days of resistance to occupation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Osama Bin Laden was a Saudi cleric. If ever their was a case for positive discrimination. The foot fits the boot.

its a minow compared to the US , Id give the country about 6 days of resistance to occupation

Well if we talking an invasion offcourse,Saudi doesnt stand a chance against western forces,however if like you mentioned before by stopping radical mosques and payments to radical mosques,its a different story.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Osama Bin Laden was a Saudi cleric. If ever their was a case for positive discrimination. The foot fits the boot.

It sure does,and its not much positive about it really.

• Advertisement

there is enormous evidence that Saudi Arabia is funding and encouraging Sunni extremism , not withstanding that it sees itself in a proxy war with ****e Iran anyway. There is evidence that it is implicated in 9.11 and other atrocities

The US is of course famously blinded by the doctrine of the enemy of my enemy is my friend , and forgets that that " friend " may also be your enemy too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭JuliusSeizure

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why not let them have their Caliphate, then once they are settled in it, nuke it.

Don't think the Spanish, Portuguese or Italians would like that too much.

Don't think the Spanish, Portuguese or Italians would like that too much.

Thought they where catholic caliphate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

there is enormous evidence that Saudi Arabia is funding and encouraging Sunni extremism , not withstanding that it sees itself in a proxy war with ****e Iran anyway. There is evidence that it is implicated in 9.11 and other atrocities

The US is of course famously blinded by the doctrine of the enemy of my enemy is my friend , and forgets that that " friend " may also be your enemy too.

Project for a new American Century (PNAC). A never ending series of wars and a balkenised Middle East. Things are going to plan (with some delays)

Project for a new American Century (PNAC). A never ending series of wars and a balkenised Middle East. Things are going to plan (with some delays)

well of course, a little collateral damage in wussy Eurup, is of little concern

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Saudi Arabia is the elephant in the room when it comes to the problem of Sunni extremism. By right, Saudi Arabia should be a combination of Spain and Norway: a rich progressive, democratic country with an educated and progressive government and people with a massive tourist industry. Instead, it is backward, corrupt, unequal and above all fascist. Saudi could be the role model for the Middle East in a good way but is actually the opposite. Other countries in the region have the excuse of war and estranged relationships with the world. Saudi Arabia have none of these excuses and is more repressive than any other country in the region apart from terrorist controlled parts of Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and North Africa.

Saudi Arabia of course funds a lot of terrorism in the Middle East. This is ignored by everyone: the US, Europe, even Israel. They all have decided to blame Iran instead for what Saudi Arabia funds. Saudi Arabia = world's number one sponsor of terrorism but also as it stands the world's number one oil supplier. They are holding all the aces and they know the world needs them more than they need the rest of the world. You notice too every event of the recent Middle East history benefited Saudi:

Iran Iraq war neutralised Saudi's two main oil rivals. Afghanistan proved a handy country to infiltrate and turn this Persian country into Saudi Arabia without oil. The Iraq v America wars totally destroyed Iraq, Saudi's main Arab oil rival. 9/11 of course only added to this because Bush was going to blame Saddam anyway. America's anti-Iran stance conveniently shifted the blame for what Saudi was up to. Khatami's and Ahmadinejad's attempts to reach out to Bush to improve relations were 100% ignored and that suited Saudi. Syria being in a mess and North Africa too only furthered Saudi's position as the only Arab regional power.

Saudi's desires to eliminate Persian (Iran, Afghanistan) culture and to make sure other rising Arab powers were cut down seems to be working out well other than the fact that Iran is moving in a positive direction. Of course Iran is more of a friend to America and the West than Saudi Arabia. The problem is they have not recognised this and have scuppered many opportunities to heal relations with Iran mainly because of Saudi Arabia. With Iran's oil and gas industry becoming more and more modern, perhaps Saudi Arabia's day as the main oil power will end. The sooner this happens the better.

Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon & Libya yeah all on the hitlist all in turmoil at the moment.

Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon & Libya yeah all on the hitlist all in turmoil at the moment.

The release of nuclear weapons have been authorized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

French people are running out of patience
    Cant blame them,they don't take any sh!t.

The Non-Proliferation Treaty was designed to diminish the stockpiles of Nuclear weapons in use. Given recent actions Nations can easily make the argument that Nuclear and Chemical Weapons are needed as a deterrence from an aggressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Non-Proliferation Treaty was designed to diminish the stockpiles of Nuclear weapons in use. Given recent actions Nations can easily make the argument that Nuclear and Chemical Weapons are needed as a deterrence from an aggressor.

No they can't

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No they can't

Well why can't they? If you know you could be attacked by an aggressor you better have a deterrent to keep them at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

biko wrote: »

That was actually quite weird! See; My eyes aren't what they used to be. I have other, slight, issues too. So, I read that at " Residents Split On Spot Where .... "

And I put 2 + 2 and made 5. I guessed it was indecision about where he gunned the engine / hit the first person.

Then, I'm watching the film about this ~ and I could swear some cnut's just spat on the 'memorial'. Then, I'm realising they're seemingly tossing litter on the spot. It got Fcuking weird then!

The Marine's will be along. Then we'll see if Le Pen is mightier than the sword ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭LuckyRoche

The death toll has risen to 85 as a 56 year old man who was on life support passed away last night.

May they all rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

His wife and son also died that night, the 14 year old daughter is still in hospital.

I think the number is still at 40+ in critical condition, the death toll can still rise unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭LuckyRoche

Another 13 French died in a bar fire in Rouen last night. Horrible.

The country is getting more bad news after bad news. Poor bastards can't catch a break.

Advertisement