Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

So sad to keep seeing these threads pop up. :( RIP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Road block with police truck. Block the access streets leading to people.

How many roads? How many police trucks? Every single city in France? How big a truck do you build a barricade to prevent? Just Bastille Day or anytime there's crowds around? Just think about things.

If there was specific intelligence about a truck attack sure, otherwise, completely impossible to prevent this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Local spectator on Sky News moaning about having her shopping trip interupted.

I just heard that and couldn't believe what I was hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Guns and grenades found in the cabin, this was planed. Happened during the fireworks.
    Those bastards planned this well for max carnage.

Does anyone know if he's still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,873 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This sort of attack is beginning to wear a bit thin, understandably, with the French public.

A presidential election is due in mid-2017, and currently the very savvy Marine Le Pen of the National Front is ahead in the polls, unthinkable a decade ago.

If these attacks continue to drive moderate French voters to the right, the inevitable outcome is a far-right Government and the lid being lifted on anti-Muslim sentiment, escalating into reprisals, eviction, alienation, subjugation and eventually wholesale attacks on muslim neighbourhoods.

The only solution is for responsible Muslims to cleanse their own communities of extremists, not turn the blind eye. If they don't, mobs straight out of the 1930s will do it for them, and the next French Govt will be the ones turning the blind eye.

I dread to think where Europe, and the world frankly, will be in 10 years time, but not a single sign is positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I was just thinking that , seems kinda disrespectful "we did some lovely shopping and now I'm not bothered with it" cut her off ffs!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

US Media now reporting. Minimum 73 dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

3rd major attack since last year in France. I'd say they need to do a better job!

73 dead so far RIP

Trying to stop terrorists AND remain a democratic, free society that exists by the rule of law is not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Saved by having to go to the ladies'

Sky will put anybody on...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

moloner4 wrote: »

Shot dead by police I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Not a thing.
    Just an opinion of him

Lay off Boris, he's said nothing about the attack/tradgedy yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yeah, she was in Nice hoping to see a terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Probably dead from a lot of nationalities, maybe some Irish we don't know.
    I was watching the Tour de France a couple of days ago and some beautiful scenery, they said France is the number one tourist destination in the world.
    So one can imagine people from many countries out on the promenade, happy and enjoying themselves and then here we are in a most unimaginable situation.
    When I was younger we had the cold war, but what is going on these days is far more sinister.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

3rd major attack since last year in France. I'd say they need to do a better job!

Yeah, they should be everywhere all the time to stop everything. They should've known some random concert venue and restaurant would be attacked in Paris and the 6th largest city would be targeted by a truck. Terrible job they're doing.

Come on the ****, blaming completely the wrong people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

moloner4 wrote: »
    Guns and grenades found in the cabin, this was planed. Happened during the fireworks.
    Those bastards planned this well for max carnage.

Police shot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Something has happened at the Eiffel tower too.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Lay off Boris, he's said nothing about the attack/tradgedy yet.

But you were asking why he was booed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

The video of the truck driving into the crowd is so scary. Driving slowly then speeding up into people. **** this Islamic State bull****.

I agree with those who say that the police couldn't really do anything about the truck. However, it is worth noting (assuming it's an attack) that it wasn't a very good one. Can you imagine the carnage which would have resulted had they filled even a quarter of the truck with explosives to be set off after the drive through? We'd be talking hundreds dead, not scores. The fact that they apparently did not indicates a good likelihood that police monitoring made the acquisition and creation of such materials too risky. In such a case, the French security forces should be commended

Are you being obtuse on purpose? You have to know better. It's France, where are they going to get a few hundred kilos of explosives without getting caught? A truck is perfect, it's just a truck, how are they going to track everyone who has access to a truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

There was a fireworks display but it malfunctioned.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Yeah, that's help France.

Jesus wept.

Better than the spineless lefty Hollande and his taxpayer funded €117,000 pa hairdresser has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The entire country is being put on a state of alert as they believe there might be a further attack... Mother of god, not again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

keith16 wrote: »
    But you were asking why he was booed?

No, wrong poster, not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Ah jaysus, the world is fcuked. Wish they would stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

:(

Where is that being reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

The religion of peace strikes again.

The resident AH apologists will be along very shortly to assure us everything is fine.

Mod-Banned

LordSutch wrote: »
    No, wrong poster, not me.

Oops. Anyway, it matters not what BJ has to say on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Nearly time for roundups and mass deportations I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Will the spineless Obama finally call acts like this as those of 'radical Islam'?

Let's see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I was just thinking that , seems kinda disrespectful "we did some lovely shopping and now I'm not bothered with it" cut her off ffs!!!!!

Hmmm I thought she said '' we did shopping. but that does not ever matter now'' something like that.
    She was clearly saying trivial things like shopping not important now.

Advertisement