Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Rainman16 wrote: »
    Trump is live on Fox news right now, scoring political points of this tragedy already.

What, like the whole "BOMB SYRIA FOR AYLAN!!!" thing?
    Both sides are as shamelessly disgusting as each other there, in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

It's really hard to believe this could be anything other than Islamic State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

No it's worse than that. What this chap did was try and make this whole attack about why his opinions were right on an anonymous comments section on the internet.

Upon hearing this news, the most important thing to this bloke was getting an "I told you so" in on a forum on the Internet. "Let's try and score some points here for my political leanings. Let's strike while the iron is hot and the bodies aren't even cold."

Let's just let that sink in for s second.

That everyone who doesn't automatically hate all Muslims is an apologist according to this guy. And he thinks now is the most appropriate time to re-share his views with us. Thanks buddy. Quality post. Good job. You can sleep now. Your job is done. You've told everyone "I told you so". Good job.

Some people man!! Can't believe how people think it's alright to use these terrible tragedies towards their own agendas. Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Truck didn't explode. That is a good thing.
    It was rigged it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I heard 200 meters Robert. A long distance with such a dense crowd either way.

CNN had two different people on who have said over a mile of carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

20Cent wrote: »
    Most people fighting ISis are Muslim as well as most of their victims.

So f*cking what?
    That statement means less than nothing.

They fight to prevent conquest of their lands & homes.... coincidently slap-bang in the middle of islamic nations.

Islamism's war against the West (and yes, it is a war) will continue while people remain desperate to pretend to themselves that there is no such thing.

This pretense is succor for ISIS, it is their shield.

Trump had a scheduled interview on Fox, he didn't go on Fox specifically to talk about the latest terrorist attack, but of course he had to answer questions on it.
    He did blame foreign policy for helping create these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

RobertKK wrote: »
    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Yes that was silly today with Froome running to the finish line after hitting a camera. Saw it on the news early. They should clear the area of photographers and meddling spectators and let those cyclists ride on.

It is such a pity that wasn't the biggest news event out of France in the past 12 hours.
    I drove the Bourg St Andeol Vallon Pont d'Arc road this morning it's packed with campervans most of the way, not only is it dangerous for the tour people, it's also a liability as regards security for attacks too. Lots of kids and families watching the tour everyday, some very dense, narrow areas.

INtergrate , yea right.
    You will never see a Finnuala Abdulad .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Islam has proven countless times that it is too primitive and violent for Europe. Europe as a continent really needs to slam the door in its face and start shifting those who are already here back to where they came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

News of these sort of attacks is coming so often that it's hard not to become desensitized to it all. It has become a case of wondering how many did they get this time?

Devastating and needless loss of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Islam has proven countless times that it is too primitive and violent for Europe. Europe as a continent really needs to slam the door in its face and start shifting those who are already here back to where they came from.

Even though islam has been in European countries for several hundred years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

So f*cking what?
    That statement means less than nothing.

They fight to prevent conquest of their lands & homes.... coincidently slap-bang in the middle of islamic nations.

Islamism's war against the West (and yes, it is a war) will continue while people remain desperate to pretend to themselves that there is no such thing.

This pretense is succor for ISIS, it is their shield.

Isis want to turn this west v Isis fight into a west v all of Islam fight. The nut jobs like trump wanting internment and banning Muslims from countries are doing exactly what Isis want them to do.

Must be 100's dead.
    Too many people , way too many got hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

RobertKK wrote: »
    I heard 200 meters Robert. A long distance with such a dense crowd either way.

CNN had two different people on who have said over a mile of carnage.

Yeah you might be right, just saw some footage of the start of his "run". I think he was stopped by police of course at the start, there was some confrontation but he pushed on anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

<SNIP>

It would be a stupid move tactically. I'm aware there are Muslim extremists from/in Ireland, but they're better "used" by ISIS in countries of far more important political significance. Like France, Germany, Belgium, UK, etc.

The Muslim extremist community in Ireland is growing, but it's still too small to gain proper momentum like in e.g. the UK. In fact, in such a small country as Ireland, an attack could dissuade possible new extremists from getting involved. ISIS aren't going to waste people and resources on bombing this little island ... they'll certainly try their best to get new recruits from here, but we are WELL off the radar as a target anytime in the foreseeable future, in my opinion.

I drove the Bourg St Andeol Vallon Pont d'Arc road this morning it's packed with campervans most of the way, not only is it dangerous for the tour people, it's also a liability as regards security for attacks too. Lots of kids and families watching the tour everyday, some very dense, narrow areas.

I do watch, and in the back of mind I think exactly what you posted, easy targets for terrorists, what is worse is on the mountains is a lot of these people are drinking for a long time before the cyclists arrive, maybe not the most coherent crowd which would make it easier for a terrorist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

<SNIP>

I didn't say French citizens. I said French nationals. Congrats on failing to notice the distinction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

This lady really needs to look at her value system:

https://twitter.com/beardamendi/status/753731731295961088

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »

Just the Balkans, that's hardly a glowing example of peace and harmony now is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

20Cent wrote: »
    Isis want to turn this west v Isis fight into a west v all of Islam fight

And I'm saying that it already is.
    It's just that this new reality is yet to actually click with people.

ISIS are a sideshow.
    Mosul & Raqqa will fall within 12 months..... ISIS will be eventually expunged from Syria & Iraq, their demise is already irreversible.

But the war is still in it's infancy.

But, of course... let the cognitive dissonance kick in & pretend that I'm wrong.

We'll be back here in 6-8 weeks.... yet again, pretending that there is no war against the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

sugarman wrote: »
    I regrettably clicked on a video on twitter of some utter ****ingscumbag recording the debris, walking up the street, getting close up on people seriously injured seeking medical attention and of the dead.

WHO ****ING DOES THAT?

and instantly uploads it to youtube.

I hate what we're becoming as a human race.

Journalists do it literally all the time. Look at any photographer or videographer who goes to warzones. Read a few newspapers, watch the news on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

It would be a stupid move tactically. I'm aware there are Muslim extremists from/in Ireland, but they're better "used" by ISIS in countries of far more important political significance. Like France, Germany, Belgium, UK, etc.

The Muslim extremist community in Ireland is growing, but it's still too small to gain proper momentum like in e.g. the UK. In fact, in such a small country as Ireland, an attack could dissuade possible new extremists from getting involved. ISIS aren't going to waste people and resources on bombing this little island ... they'll certainly try there best to get new recruits from here, but we are WELL off the radar as a target anytime in the foreseeable future, in my opinion.

Cop on. Your far too naive.Any sign of a Muslim extremist in a community is dangerous, even if it's one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rjpf1980

This is a fight to the finish.

I will not listen to any more excuse making.

Islamic extremism everywhere world wide needs to be wiped out.

Islamic State should be wiped out firstof all and any party or group or mosque cleric or individual anywhere else in the world that espouses Islamic extremist ideology needs to go.

The West needs to put away Pokemon Go and fight for its survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

mansize wrote: »
    This lady really needs to look at her value system:

https://twitter.com/beardamendi/status/753731731295961088

She missed the truck from going to the toilet, she's in shock probably. How dare people mock someone who barely missed a terrorist attack from their armchairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just the Balkans, that's hardly a glowing example of peace and harmony now is it?

Exactly maybe the Balkans can deport and remove all russians hardly blame Islam for the Balkans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,145 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

These threads really bare people for what they are inside, some have more in common with the animals who commit these atrocities then they might like to think.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Gatling wrote: »

You make it sound like islam peacefully assimilated into europe in the past. The initial invasion of muslim forces through southern europe was stopped by the forces of Charles Martel at the battle of Tours in the 8th century. Most of the Balkans was occupied by Ottoman forces for centuries during the dark ages until the advance of islamic forces was halted at the battle of Vienna in 1683 by the combined forces of the Hapsburgs and the Polish hussars led by Jan Sobieski.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

sugarman wrote: »
    I regrettably clicked on a video on twitter of some utter ****ingscumbag recording the debris, walking up the street, getting close up on people seriously injured seeking medical attention and of the dead.

WHO ****ING DOES THAT?

and instantly uploads it to youtube.

I hate what we're becoming as a human race.

Do you want the PG-13 version of what happened in Nice tonight?

• Advertisement

Umm... Yes it is. From Oklahoma to Karachi. It's not as if the Irish haven't put a ton and a half of home made explosives into a truck and set it off a few times.

Why would you think that it's such a difficult concept?

Between the US and Greece and North of Morocco how many times has that happened in the last 20 years?

Advertisement