Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Speculation 20 October might finally be the day. Given they have started to update 2017 and announced 200 new CC jobs towards end of last week it might just be it. I really cannot see them delaying it into November.

A full 3 months after it was initially expected.

The dog in the street knows it's Miami so maybe the other changes were up for discussion or something else is coming, wonder if AerClub is finally ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,198 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tenger wrote: »
    I know its not a good guide but I looked at EI website earlier for S17 timetables.
    DUB-ORD showing double daily, which I believe is an increase in freq over S16. Couple this with Jamies info on extra 3 weekly services to LAX and there is one airframe accounted for......leaving a new destination to be served be the other fleet addition.

DUB-ORD seems to have been pulled back by 3 or 4 departures a week from a previous double daily going on the OAG updates from today.

There is always the chance of further 757(s), particularly if any mutterings about YUL are true - closer than YYZ, route with proven demand but bog all service so always reason to be wary, etc. We had posts on here about ASL tyre-kicking early 90s pax 757s months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sandbelter

o be fair, EI announced its 2016 new routes on 21st October 2015 so it's consistent with past behavior. July and August made no sense to me as so much of the industry was on holiday's that any announcement risked slipping through the cracks and getting very little notice. Finally, given how Hartford represented a major change of strategy, it would be prudent to see how it panned out before making any announcements. But given press reports are saying that BDL is going very well and may be upgraded to A330 in 2018 it may have influenced EI's thinking that a secondary city in the US may be more lucrative than going head to head with TZ and AC in YUL. Had it failed I doubt we would have seen EI growing beyond AA hubs.

EI's model of utilizing a B757 with a good business class but not charging economy a large premium for a secondary US cities could work very will in: PIT (where the is a seasonal DL CDG service that regularly charges US$1200 per passenger sending families up the road to IAD and would help resolved legacy issued AA has with the airport operator), or CMH where there a large bank of oneworld passengers that could support the flights. DTW could be in the mix given the accelerating cat flight with skyteam. BDL's strong performance could have brought these into play over YUL which seemed to have earlier momentum behind it. We wait and see.

It is worth noting that CLT and PIT will be "joining" EI's virtual network at some point in 2017. But this really what we need to see or getting some idea on the new routes for 2017 and beyond:
    When will AerClub be operational?
    When will EI be joining the BA/IB/AA/AY joint venture?
    When will EI join oneworld?
    Will AA be re-timing its flights to feed EI's morning departure bank?
    Will AA be used to infill growth from JFK and ORD instead of EI's metal?
    Status of the A350's and mooted planes to use IB A330's to cover seasonal EI peaks, any news there?

Lets all hope one thing is NOT announced....that a EI A330 will be flying a dead end flight to DOH in preference to a lucrative North American route just to satisfy Qatari egos.

All good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

sandbelter wrote: »
    Lets all hope one thing is NOT announced....that a EI A330 will be flying a dead end flight to DOH in preference to a lucrative North American route just to satisfy Qatari egos.

Couldn't agree more with this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

L1011 wrote: »
    Tenger wrote: »
    I know its not a good guide but I looked at EI website earlier for S17 timetables.
    DUB-ORD showing double daily, which I believe is an increase in freq over S16. Couple this with Jamies info on extra 3 weekly services to LAX and there is one airframe accounted for......leaving a new destination to be served be the other fleet addition.

DUB-ORD seems to have been pulled back by 3 or 4 departures a week from a previous double daily going on the OAG updates from today.

There is always the chance of further 757(s), particularly if any mutterings about YUL are true - closer than YYZ, route with proven demand but bog all service so always reason to be wary, etc. We had posts on here about ASL tyre-kicking early 90s pax 757s months ago.

Only for April/some of May by 2 weekly but its still up over the same time in 2015. 14 to 12 weekly where it was 9/10 weekly in 2015.

It is worth noting that CLT and PIT will be "joining" EI's virtual network at some point in 2017. But this really what we need to see or getting some idea on the new routes for 2017 and beyond:
    When will AerClub be operational?
    When will EI be joining the BA/IB/AA/AY joint venture?
    When will EI join oneworld?
    Will AA be re-timing its flights to feed EI's morning departure bank?
    Will AA be used to infill growth from JFK and ORD instead of EI's metal?
    Status of the A350's and mooted planes to use IB A330's to cover seasonal EI peaks, any news there?

They will never fly DOH, well unless they want to losw money!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

o be fair, EI announced its 2016 new routes on 21st October 2015 so it's consistent with past behavior. July and August made no sense to me as so much of the industry was on holiday's that any announcement risked slipping through the cracks and getting very little notice. ......

Good point on that, no need for an ego boost to DOH just to lose money for EI but boost loadfactor for QR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭trellheim

What capacity has T2 in the morning peak at the moment to deal with extra Pre-cleared TATL flights ? It would seem to me that the only solution is to move some more shorthaul EI back to T1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »
    What capacity has T2 in the morning peak at the moment to deal with extra Pre-cleared TATL flights ? It would seem to me that the only solution is to move some more shorthaul EI back to T1
    Aren't they building remote/bus gates for this reason at T2 ?

• Advertisement

My Regionals to scotland this past age have been departing from the pit and arriving into the T2 bus gates

Apparently they plan on spreading out the schedule throughout the day so it isn't clumped together. So morning afternoon evening JFK, morning and evening flight to Boston (later than currently).

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

@IrishAero on twitter has retweeted an unconfirmed rumour that AC Rouge might be adding a fourth weekly frequency on the YVR-DUB route

Croatia Airlines is reported to trialing a Dublin-Osijek route via a series of charters between Dec 23rd and Jan 2nd 2017.

If they are successful they will be converted into year round flights starting in the Summer of 2017. Apparently Ryanair is examining the feasibility of a route as well.

The bulk of Ireland's Croat community comes from Slavonia which is served by Osijek airport and these are the targeted passengers.

Source: Reported in ex-yu aviation news.

Apparently they plan on spreading out the schedule throughout the day so it isn't clumped together. So morning afternoon evening JFK, morning and evening flight to Boston (later than currently).
    I would guess any new route from EI would use the middle timing (as it currently stands) of CBP. The LAX and EWR flights departs around mid-day, its a bit quieter then. (As does UA to EWR)
    Busy periods seem to be 0800-1100 and 1400-1530. Airport worker may be able to correct me on those estimated figures....

Any later than 4pm departure would require agreement from US Govt as currently CBP only operates 0700-1600.

Or, of course, go without pre-clearance . a late departure to the US might suit a lot of people.

Or, of course, go without pre-clearance . a late departure to the US might suit a lot of people.

When a lot of passengers are transiting in JFK/BOS I wouldn't expect it to be pushed back massively. USPC could likely stretch to 17.00 but I don't even see EI going lather purely from an operational point of view.

Would be surprised if any major change in S17. MIA will also be like MCO schedule so not a problem in T2.

EY will go double daily from April 1st, 2017. Proposed schedule is as follows;

EY 45 AUH02.30 - 08.00DUB A332 D
    EY 41 AUH09.30 - 14.55DUB A332 D

EY 42 DUB09.30 - 2020AUH A332 D
    EY 48 DUB19.10 - 06.00AUH+1 A332 D

Source: Business traveller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

EY will go double daily from April 1st, 2017. Proposed schedule is as follows;

EY 45 AUH02.30 - 08.00DUB A332 D
    EY 41 AUH09.30 - 14.55DUB A332 D

EY 42 DUB09.30 - 2020AUH A332 D
    EY 48 DUB19.10 - 06.00AUH+1 A332 D

Source: Business traveller

Interestingly, they are moving from T2 to T1 also. Is that not considered a demotion of sorts??

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/etihad-airways-to-fly-double-daily-from-dublin-to-abu-dhabi-next-year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

End of an era. I flew out of T2 when Etihad was the only airline using it...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,198 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ongarboy wrote: »
    Interestingly, they are moving from T2 to T1 also. Is that not considered a demotion of sorts??

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/etihad-airways-to-fly-double-daily-from-dublin-to-abu-dhabi-next-year

300 gates have jetways, are being fancied up, and are closer to their lounge which is in the old Pier C. DAA could probably rebrand it as T2 if they could improve the interconnecting corridors.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not at all. T1 has been given a makeover so is technically the most 'modernised area' of the airport cosmetically speaking. From the airline point of view if the facilities are fit for purpose and of sufficient standard to meet their needs then its fine.
    You can be very sure that Ethiad are very exact about the expected standards. They will have gotten a deal on preferred gate usage on the 300 pier.

The extra weekly YUR, now confirmed and YYZ also gains an extra weekly (t0 weekly)

Aegean also increase ATH to 3 weekly and slightly longer season.

Sunway "plan" to resume charter flights to Turkey with Sun Express (Izmir) beginning 15 April

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The extra weekly YUR, now confirmed and YYZ also gains an extra weekly (t0 weekly)

Aegean also increase ATH to 3 weekly and slightly longer season.

Sunway "plan" to resume charter flights to Turkey with Sun Express (Izmir) beginning 15 April

Did Sunway not use Aer Lingus last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lads I was in Vegas a while back. Bumped into a lad who had flown in direct from Glasgow with Thomas cook. I know they are doing one or two charter flights from Dublin at the moment. The amount of Irish routing to Vegas through London was ridiculous. Surely a seasonal flight several times a week from Dublin would be more than viable. Particularly given the about of Northern Ireland residents now Also using Dublin. They don't have direct route. I know feeder traffic from uk would , Europe etc would be nice. But surely several times a week on a mid capacity aircraft, this would be a money maker?!

One things for sure. It's highly unlikely I will route via the U.K. Again if I can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd say you'd need someone like Virgin to come in and do it, will be a long time waiting for EI to dedicate an aircraft (even for a day or two a week) for such a seasonal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'd say you'd need someone like Virgin to come in and do it, will be a long time waiting for EI to dedicate an aircraft (even for a day or two a week) for such a seasonal route.
    yeah that's the impression I get! I just checked. Dublin airport had nearly triple the passenger numbers last year that Glasgow had. I know that isn't a sole determiner of fejand obviously. But it's not like Glasgow airport is anywhere close to any other airport of any scale. I really hope Norwegian Or Thomas cook come in and start serving routes it will probably take aer lingus two decades to getting round too...

Another thing. I wonder what kind of new route incentives mccarran has if any. Surely the city of Vegas, would be massively trying to get the airport to get new destinations opened. Given the money tourists bring in, in that city?

Speculation 20 October might finally be the day. Given they have started to update 2017 and announced 200 new CC jobs towards end of last week it might just be it. I really cannot see them delaying it into November.

I take it today isn't the day as it is usually leaked by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I take it today isn't the day as it is usually leaked by now?

Given schedule disruption as a result of the incidents with the 2 330s, I'd be unsurprised if they held over or deferred any announcement such that it would not be drown d out by commentary to the effect that there is little point in launching new routes when they find it difficult with what are in effect common/low level incidents - note I don't feel that it shows sup any issue but I do think it could attract negative commentary.

That being said I am probably attributing too high a competency level to Irish journalists.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »

My thinking too. Its a leisure route with lots of options through the UK.
    No cargo, no high yield business traffic, no onward traffic.
    Better to focus on high yield routes to East caost and LAX, allow LAS traffic to go via UK, ORD or LAX

Advertisement