Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

interesting times too for the flights thanks to the planes being based in Munich, with a very early morning Munich departure on Tuesday arriving into Dublin at 8am and late Dublin departure on Sunday evening offering some more options over what Lufthansa and Aer lingus already have.

You'd have to wonder if this will affect the number of flights offered by Lufthansa and Aer Lingus, or will it more affect Ryanair to Memmingen which is so far west of Munich that its nearly as handy to get to from Zurich as it is from Munich !

Bear in mind that much of the LH traffic will be interline through Munich - I can't see it impacting on them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Amazed it took this long, as a hefty single-carrier route and also with Delta's BOS build-up of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

snotboogie wrote: »
    Isn't Dublin by far the busiest airport in Europe without an East Asian route? Obviously you'd need to take out airports in cities that have other airports that serve the route (Orly) and holiday destination airports (Malaga and Mallorca). I don't see how Dublin couldn't have the traffic when I can't see any other city airport a similar size to Dublin that doesn't have a Far East route. There are many airports much smaller than Dublin that have multiple routes.

I didn't say that it doesn't have enough east Asia traffic to justify a route - just that I cannot see it being an EI route. i picked Hainan over the other Chinese carriers because of its other investments in Ireland. It can feed a single route via its regional network and feed Ireland originating pax onwards within Asia. EI can do neither of these without significant management investment and given IAG priorities and network, I cannot see these being permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 333bus

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Will never see it.

Never say never ... BOS-DUB announced today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

moloner4 wrote: »
    Delta to launch a daily service from boston next year

What sort of aircraft might we see operating the route? 757 or 767?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

757-200 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 6 333bus

Cravens wrote: »
    757-200 I believe

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Don't see any impact, Memmingen isn't impacting EI/LH one bit and I don't see any changes to capacity.

Memmingen is so far from Munich as to be useless anyway. I'm a big Ryanair man and I wouldn't dream of it with EI/LH going into Munich proper. Memmingen is great for visiting the small towns in the area but little else. I'm always surprised Ryanair haven't tried to eat more into the routes in that part of Germany. Maybe Munich itself, possibly Dresden, a year-round to Salzburg?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Memmingen is so far from Munich as to be useless anyway. I'm a big Ryanair man and I wouldn't dream of it with EI/LH going into Munich proper. Memmingen is great for visiting the small towns in the area but little else. I'm always surprised Ryanair haven't tried to eat more into the routes in that part of Germany. Maybe Munich itself, possibly Dresden, a year-round to Salzburg?

They can't get good slots at MUC and at the same time Transavia snapped up a lot of slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

333bus wrote: »
    Never say never ... BOS-DUB announced today.

Seems I was wrong.

Didn't think the EI monopoly would ever br broken, and Boston was never really a major hub for any airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Is this the first time a US airline has serviced an Ireland - Boston route since Northwest Orient back in the 80s? (my first flight ever was Shannon to Boston on that airline back in 1988! :) )

ongarboy wrote: »

Is this the first time a US airline has serviced an Ireland - Boston route since Northwest Orient back in the 80s? (my first flight ever was Shannon to Boston on that airline back in 1988! :) )
    American did for a while before

DUB-ADB (Dublin-Izmir) appears not to returning at all next year under any carrier.

No turkish holiday destinations next year from Dublin it seems.

DUB-ADB (Dublin-Izmir) appears not to returning at all next year under any carrier.

Turkish are launching a new route I can't remember where in turkey though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hmm I wonder would what EI have done with the aircraft that would normally be taken up by this rotation ? Have they increased capacity on any of their other bucket and spade routes ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder would what EI have done with the aircraft that would normally be taken up by this rotation ? Have they increased capacity on any of their other bucket and spade routes ?

It was only a one PW rotation if I recall correctly, so not much capacity.

Not sure Izmir is fully off the cards yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭IQO

Turkish are launching a new route I can't remember where in turkey though
    Really? Does anyone have more information about this?

Not sure Izmir is fully off the cards yet.

Released today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Someone mentioned a direct LCA route for next year to me although i wouldnt put faith in it. I thought id ask here if anyone had heard anything ?

• Advertisement

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Someone mentioned a direct LCA route for next year to me although i wouldnt put faith in it. I thought id ask here if anyone had heard anything ?

Started this yeae and due to resume again next summer

Cobalt airlines started a direct LCA service this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

A seasonal service to Cyprus operated from 9 July to 3 September this year with the new Cypriot airline Cobalt.

When tickets first went on sale there were €100 return flights to Larnaca!

It will presumably be returning next summer although the 2017 schedule has not been released yet.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-new-twice-weekly-service-to-cyprus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Thanks,hadn't realized as the last trip was in May from BFS with Thomas Cook

LAX increasing from x4 to daily in June, ties in with 1 A330 (x4 MIA). MCO also gets an extra freq so either MIA will start x3 or another aircraft arrive as well. No cuts to make way for MCO yet. Time will tell!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LAX increasing from x4 to daily in June, ties in with 1 A330 (x4 MIA). MCO also gets an extra freq so either MIA will start x3 or another aircraft arrive as well. No cuts to make way for MCO yet. Time will tell!
    Just looked at EI website for timetable, wasnt DUB-LAX is 4xweekly this Summer already? Its showing 4xweekly for October

EDIT; sorry, I misread it as 'increasing to 4xweekly' No change on website yet, any idea of announcement date?

Tenger wrote: »
    Just looked at EI website for timetable, wasnt DUB-LAX is 4xweekly this Summer already? Its showing 4xweekly for October

Increasing from 4 weekly to daily from 1 June 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Last years announcement included the September starts, so with a second craft arriving late summer we could still see a second add announced. Expecting a route per frame isn't practical forever with capacity growth needed, though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

L1011 wrote: »
    Expecting a route per frame isn't practical forever with capacity growth needed, though.
    I know its not a good guide but I looked at EI website earlier for S17 timetables.
    DUB-ORD showing double daily, which I believe is an increase in freq over S16. Couple this with Jamies info on extra 3 weekly services to LAX and there is one airframe accounted for......leaving a new destination to be served be the other fleet addition.

• Advertisement

Speculation 20 October might finally be the day. Given they have started to update 2017 and announced 200 new CC jobs towards end of last week it might just be it. I really cannot see them delaying it into November.

Advertisement