Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby at the olympics. The draw is as follows ....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Agent J wrote: »
    when are the semis?
    Tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Why did gb kick the ball away there?? Absolute waste

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This is one of the more interesting nill alls the closer it gets to the end

This is fair tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This is fair tense.

Fair ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's about 3 commentary teams coming through the mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Some tension

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Fair ****e

Plenty of silly mistakes alright but lots on the line and pressure showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Has a 7's match ever finished 0-0 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

What a miss!

• Advertisement

Argies throwing this away. Showing no composure at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

dont rate this ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ohhhhhhhhh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Get in

:D

he hatcheted argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

This is gripping.

Finally, at stages of this match it seemed like neither team wanted to win.

And finally we have a winner.

Fiji v Japan

GB v South Africa

SA for the gold I reckon. Their defenceless excellent. A mixture of power white guys and speedy black guys. A perfect mixture of selection and coaching.

• Advertisement

That was comfortable.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    SA for the gold I reckon. Their defenceless excellent. A mixture of power white guys and speedy black guys. A perfect mixture of selection and coaching.

nz selection was awful wasn't it.

although not too sure how tied titches hands were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

he hatcheted argentina

didn't see it - did the ref rob Argentina ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wtf is it with RTE's highlights package tonight. It's not like the games are long but in the Aus SA game they skipped from when SA were at 10 points to them having 20 and it being full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

swiwi_ wrote: »

Their team is very small. Can't see them getting past Fiji or GBR They've faced a typically mediocre French sevens team, a poor Aussie team with little pace and a Spanish team that for obvious reasons aren't really able to compete. They've a decent enough defence but the likes of Cecil Afrika will really struggle against pretty much the entire Fiji team who probably have 20kgs on him. GBR have more pace and tbh though it's easy to knock Japan and NZ's performance but I think GBR have had a much harder route than SA. GBR are my favourites.

Then again, they could blitz every team they come across. Such is the nature of sevens

Their team is very small. Can't see them getting past Fiji or GBR They've faced a typically mediocre French sevens team, a poor Aussie team with little pace and a Spanish team that for obvious reasons aren't really able to compete. They've a decent enough defence but the likes of Cecil Afrika will really struggle against pretty much the entire Fiji team who probably have 20kgs on him. GBR have more pace and tbh though it's easy to knock Japan and NZ's performance but I think GBR have had a much harder route than SA. GBR are my favourites.

Then again, they could blitz every team they come across. Such is the nature of sevens

We will see I guess. The general feeling on NZ rugby forums is that we favoured size and power over speed and guile...and we were effin useless.

I haven't been particulary impressed with GB, they edged Japan, and were lucky the Argentinians couldn't kick a DG to win and that they lost the plot a bit in extra time.

I don't think you need big players, I have absolutely no problem imagining Damian McKenzie tearing up the 7s, and he is a midget.

Tonight we have our answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

textbook Isles try there for USA
    Spain playing some nice rugby though
    12-5 HT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has the sevens at the Olympics been a success? By that I mean is it getting a decent percentage of TV viewing figures / interest?

I have really enjoyed it, and I scarcely watch 7s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has the sevens at the Olympics been a success? By that I mean is it getting a decent percentage of TV viewing figures / interest?

people on twitter seem to be loving it anyway - kinda like when Sky got Hurling and people were perplexed
    Really hope Fiji win the Gold this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

errlloyd wrote: »

i too rarely watch 7s , and really enjoyed the Japanese / NZ - stumbled on it by chance - the biggest problem I have had is the slaphazard TV viewing - perhaps if Ireland were playing the scheduling would have been better.

Advertisement