Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby at the olympics. The draw is as follows ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I don't even think this is a good idea but can a thread be setup to discuss nationally of players - every thread I like to read gets derailed.

Not every player is born in the country they play for to 2 parents also born in that country. People move. People gain dual nationalities. Get over it. I am Irish and we are up there with everyone else in if a player can play and is good enough, we will pick them. I personally look forward to Bundee Aki in the green of Ireland, if he so chooses, and I am not from Connacht. Call it payback for giving the NZers Dave Gallagher over 100 years ago!

Ireland do it, New Zealand do it, England do it, USA do it....get over it. Namibia have lots of SA qualified guys, and south Africa have done same in reverse.

Now, who will win the Olympics. I'd love to see Fiji take their first Olympic medal (I believe) no matter where their players were born. If not, Japan, but I don't think that's likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Important win for Australia, still have to depend on other results to see if they get one of the two best third place spots.

Japan definitely through. Kenya were very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Absolutely shocking half for New Zealand. Being blown away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

ardie savea was right to bale on this **** show, he got an allblacks cap, a try in cake tin, and a super 15 title.

nz team has no pace. its not about rugby players anymore. its a freaks game. pulu ,forbes , sbw, mikkelson. no pace .

rieko is lightening but looks completely shagged.

hansen needs to get his hands on akira. he is a temperamental fella who seems to drop the lip.

• Advertisement

ardie savea was right to bale on this **** show, he got an allblacks cap, a try in cake tin, and a super 15 title.

nz team has no pace. its not about rugby players anymore. its a freaks game. pulu ,forbes , sbw, mikkelson. no pace .

rieko is lightening but looks completely shagged.

hansen needs to get his hands on akira. he is a temperamental fella who seems to drop the lip.

When was it not about pace? NZ should encouraged more of the top players to join the squad. Would have been a sure gold medal.

When was it not about pace? NZ should encouraged more of the top players to join the squad. Would have been a sure gold medal.

it was always about pace? what do you mean?

The camera shots of the refs before every match are utterly bizarre.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The camera shots of the refs before every match are utterly bizarre.

goes on for so long :D

it was always about pace? what do you mean?

May have misunderstood you, what do you mean by freak game and not about rugby players? Game of athleticism was what I took from it as opposed to a game of skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

God that's some disaster for New Zealand. The Japan defeat was embarrassing really and cost them dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

God that's some disaster for New Zealand. The Japan defeat was embarrassing really and cost them dearly.

They'll still go through though, assuming Fiji beat the USA.

P_1 wrote: »
    They'll still go through though, assuming Fiji beat the USA.

If USA lose by less than 4 points they still go through. So it looks likely NZ will go through but not a sure thing

May have misunderstood you, what do you mean by freak game and not about rugby players? Game of athleticism was what I took from it as opposed to a game of skill.

while a christian cullen or eric rush could play both codes and had enough gas to get by ,the increase in popularity and competitiveness in sevens ( exponentially so in lead up to this olympics) has changed the game so slightly. you have to have the top top top end speed and if you are a fairly average rugby player it doesn't really matter. loopy passes , average drop kicking and questionable tackling.

they didn't need ben smith or julian savea.

they needed the likes of tevita li , visinia, melani nanai . decent super rugby players but wheel merchants.

forbes is yesterdays man

one final chance for the U.S. With a line out and time up 5 points down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fiji v NZ
    France v Japan

GB v Argentina
    SA v Aus

Very interesting QF lineup

QFs are:

Fiji v NZ
    Japan v France
    GB v Argentina
    SA v Australia

Some cracking matches there.

New Zealand are so fortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

They will lucky to be allowed home after the Japan debacle and somebody put the hex on Sonny Bill after his Olympic Gold comments. It wasn't me - I did think about it though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

who lost out at there expense ?? - when i turned the telly on all i could see was cycling and slalom :mad: - the timing of TV coverage seams all over the place

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    who lost out at there expense ?? - when i turned the telly on all i could see was cycling and slalom :mad: - the timing of TV coverage seams all over the place

USA. Although they only have themselves to blame they completely wasted a good opportunity against Fiji when Fiji were down to 6. Annoying to see NZ bailed out though all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    QFs are:

Fiji v NZ
    Japan v France
    GB v Argentina
    SA v Australia

Some cracking matches there.

NZ are a guaranteed loss. Aside how mundane we have looked, I'd quite like Fiji to get their first ever olympic medal.

I can't get over how slow NZ look. Some of those guys look like they're playing with some mates at the park on a Sunday afternoon.

Tietjens has been coach for 22 years or something ridiculous, but a new coach seems needed here for fresh ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

USA. Although they only have themselves to blame they completely wasted a good opportunity against Fiji when Fiji were down to 6. Annoying to see NZ bailed out though all the same.

cheers - would have expected more from US - put a lot into it - even some NFL recruits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

thebaz wrote: »
    cheers - would have expected more from US - put a lot into it - even some NFL recruits
    I don't think the US should have done much better than they did and yes some will have played American football but that's how a lot get into the sport in the states.
    Ebner currently plays NFL but who else...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone got a link that shows when the matches are televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

kuang1 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link that shows when the matches are televised?

Anyone? This is pretty frustrating. Who watches diving?....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Erm... are the dancing ladies in blue there actually wearing anything under those 'skirts'???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ixus wrote: »
    Its on RTE website. Games are on now
    Spain play Kenya now in 9-12 playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

ixus wrote: »

I watched the women last night diving. Beauts a lot of them. Ah it's the Olympics we'll watch anything once every 4 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Its on RTE website. Games are on now
    Spain play Kenya now in 9-12 playoffs

All I see is some lad gone nuts on a wooden horse.

Advertisement