Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby at the olympics. The draw is as follows ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, she lost control before touching it down. Had it gone to the video ref I doubt it would be given.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Australia lucky with that first try. Hope it's not the only difference between them at the end.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Speaking as someone here on the ground attending the second of 11 events, I think this is unfair. The venues are sized for the later stages rather than the preliminaries. The same issues arose for Lindon 2012 (attended about 10 days while living there).

Brazil is a country with a decent sized middle class but the bulk of the population is not familiar with many of the sports and doesn't have the time or money to attend on spec. There is also a culture of buying tickets on the day of the event which has not worked so well when the security quesues are undersized as with the beach volleyball yesterday.

In the end of the day 80% of the tickets have been sold and most of the attendees are Brazilian despite the deep recession and political issues. When the local police and teachers haven't been paid for 3 months, you know that there are problems.

How is what I said in any way unfair? It's a fact, there haven't been big crowds at any of the events. That's a fact. I didn't mention any kind of reasoning for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

You know that feeling when Ireland loses to Wales...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

swiwi_ wrote: »
    You know that feeling when Ireland loses to Wales...

:(

Australia deserving winners but thought they got the benefit of a few decisions during that game and turns out to be a 7 point game where Australia's first try shouldn't have counted.

Mcallister and caslick are classy players

• Advertisement

Woodman's yellow card maybe what swung this one. Not even sure it should have been a yellow. Disappointing for her as she has been brilliant the past 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Australia deserving winners but thought they got the benefit of a few decisions during that game.

Mcallister and caslick are classy players

Caslick was great, although you'd be forgiven for thinking her name was Catholic listening to the commentary.

Ah Australia were better. OK, they should have gone to the TMO, but Woodman flicking out the hand is a nailed on YC from what I've seen during the tournament.

I'll take silver, we can't win everything at rugby...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does anyone remember when New Zealand used to be good at rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Well done to Australia though. They are a class team.

It's still ****ing sickening!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Casslick was class. Thought the Kiwi captain was impressive in the first half but faded badly in the second. There was a marked drop in intensity from NZ after the opening 5 when their linespeed was excellent and they were shutting the Aussies down well. Once the card was shown it was always going to be uphill from there then too.

Hopefully the men can live up to the women now as I think some of the stuff on show so far has been really entertaining.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Hopefully the men can live up to the women now as I think some of the stuff on show so far has been really entertaining.

Is the standard of the men's teams more equal? As exciting as the women's was it pretty much went as seeding suggested it would in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Ah Australia were better. OK, they should have gone to the TMO, but Woodman flicking out the hand is a nailed on YC from what I've seen during the tournament.

I'll take silver, we can't win everything at rugby...

Thats loser attitude and not welcome with anything regarding NZ rugby, please hand in your NZ passport at your nearest embassy in the next 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is the standard of the men's teams more equal? As exciting as the women's was it pretty much went as seeding suggested it would in the end.

There were 6 different winners of the 10 legs of the series this season (Fiji, NZ, Samoa, Kenya, South Africa, Scotland) so it looks to be a more open affair theoretically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

There were 6 different winners of the 10 legs of the series this season (Fiji, NZ, Samoa, Kenya, South Africa, Scotland) so it looks to be a more open affair theoretically.

The winner will either be Fiji,SA or maybe New Zealand if they lucky but realistically it's a two horse race Fiji or SA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

The winner will either be Fiji,SA or maybe New Zealand if they lucky but realistically it's a two horse race Fiji or SA

France kicking a penalty just before half time instead of trying to get a try. Wimps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

This is a surprise so far

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    This is a surprise so far

Complete momentum swing now.

Or not.

• Advertisement

Did not see that result coming, Australia will have to hammer Spain later on to get through as I can't see them beating SA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Japan taking it to NZ...they're 7-0 up

They love their upsets

Bollix NZ player breaks 2 tackles then off loads in another tackle and they go for 80 yards to tie it up.

65 seconds left, Japan 14 NZ 12!!

Well deserved win.

Well done Japan!!!

I'm loving NZs tactics. First up defeat to Japan to put everyone off their guard

#pseudo-psychology

Was Sonny Bill injured?

Japan played with so much energy, gang tackling the much larger NZers instantly and very dangerous running.

Disaster for NZ and lost two players to what appears to be serious injuries, including Sonny Williams

• Advertisement

Was Sonny Bill injured?

Looked like an ankle injury, had to be helped off the field by two trainers, if i was to guess his tournament is done, even if it was a minor injury no way he has such a quick turnaround to play tomorrow or the day after.

The other NZer was stretchered off with an arm injury.

Advertisement