Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Marathon 2016 *NO NUMBER SWAPS/SALES/TRANSFERS*

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ooter wrote: »
    What way did the tracker work this year for the marathon, apparently you could track a runner all around a map of the course this year is that correct, was there some technology in the chip/number that allowed this to happen?

Just to clarify that one. The tracker wasn't strictly a live feed. It basically clocked you at each timing position, assumed you would hold the pace you had averaged so far and moved you around the map towards the next checkpoint at that pace. At each checkpoint the computer calculated your current average pace and adjusted the speed on the tracker. Anyone blowing up after 30k for example would have shown as finished on the live tracker even though they may have still been on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseve

deniseve wrote: »
    I was stewarding at the marathon today and there was a wonderful atmosphere again this year. The perfect weather conditions really added to the day. I was wondering if any steward would be willing to swap their Asics running jacket that we got for stewarding today? I got a size large one which is far too big for me. I'm looking for a size small or medium jacket. They are lovely jackets and it would be a shame not to use it.

Anybody willing to swap jackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Just to clarify that one. The tracker wasn't strictly a live feed. It basically clocked you at each timing position, assumed you would hold the pace you had averaged so far and moved you around the map towards the next checkpoint at that pace. At each checkpoint the computer calculated your current average pace and adjusted the speed on the tracker. Anyone blowing up after 30k for example would have shown as finished on the live tracker even though they may have still been on the course.

But if you stopped on the course the icon on the map would also stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ligerdub wrote: »
    But if you stopped on the course the icon on the map would also stop.

Only when / if you didn't pass the next checkpoint at the expected time. At that stage the system would stop you as such until you activated the next timing mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

eliwallach wrote: »
    Jim Hockney ......
    Loads of research done by these reporters.
    Another irony is that the 'och knee' surname comes from Mac Fhachtna, which phonetically should have got them fact-checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

Hi, the guys over on the novices thread seem to have found this useful so I thought I'd post it here too.....

http://finisherpixdownloader.tinyviking.ie/ is a simple web app I wrote to download a zip file with all your low resolution race photos from finisherpix.com.

Apologies if something like this has already been posted.

Disclaimer: I do not wish to take away from the great work finisherpix.com do, this is just a simple way to get the low resolution images for preview before purchase of the high resolution ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

philroche wrote: »
    Hi, the guys over on the novices thread seem to have found this useful so I thought I'd post it here too.....

http://finisherpixdownloader.tinyviking.ie/ is a simple web app I wrote to download a zip file with all your low resolution race photos from finisherpix.com.

Apologies if something like this has already been posted.

Disclaimer: I do not wish to take away from the great work finisherpix.com do, this is just a simple way to get the low resolution images for preview before purchase of the high resolution ones.

Works like a charm.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Re the results.

I am not moaning of picking, just trying to understand.

Looking at the results of DCM 2016 today and I am surprised there are still issues.
    I am not blaming the individual runners here just the timing company.

21749 did not win M45 he finished in 3:07 not 2:37
    1936 finished just behind me (2710) within the same second but yet is classified in front of me

At the end of the day, it does not matter but it makes you wonder how many of these mistakes are still present in the DCM 2016 results?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

echancrure wrote: »
    21749 did not win M45 he finished in 3:07 not 2:37

He didn't win the category in the national marathon results
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/downloads/other/Age_Cat_Results_Men_%28Provisional%29.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is there any videos of the finishing line at different times. I can only see a video from about the 4.15 mark to 5 hour mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭ooter

Is there any videos of the finishing line at different times. I can only see a video from about the 4.15 mark to 5 hour mark

http://sseairtricitydublinmarathon.ie/results-certificates/
    Type the surname or bib number in to that and you can see their videos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

RayCun wrote: »
    He didn't win the category in the national marathon results
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/downloads/other/Age_Cat_Results_Men_%28Provisional%29.pdf

Ah but AAI results are restricted to club members, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Murph_D wrote: »
    Ah but AAI results are restricted to club members, no?

yeah, they are. I don't know if there are age group prizes from Dublin marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

RayCun wrote: »
    yeah, they are. I don't know if there are age group prizes from Dublin marathon?

Ray they post out medals to first 3 in each category

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

ger664 wrote: »
    Ray they post out medals to first 3 in each category

Plus these results form the basis for determining the Dublin and Leinster individual and team medals (including masters categories) too, so errors can propagate.

Anyway I see the M45 runner in question above seems to have now been removed from the official DCM results.

Advertisement