Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa V Ireland, Second Test Build-up Thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mareegoo

salmocab wrote: »
    Mc Grath is streets ahead of any other LH at the moment.

disagree totally ingenious to buckley

buckley was outstanding in the win against toulouse in recent years

he is much better at turnovers than mcgrath

mcgrath has the edge at scrum time but i say watch games each has played and who gets around the park more ?? it is buckley.

joe is lucky he is injured because to have kilcoyne ahead of him would be an absolute travesty

you will see how good buckley is next year in the champions cup (again he proved his worth already at that level)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

His selections in that period were in fact visionary, and so far on a superior plane of rugby thinking, that some mistook them for being conservative. 'Conservative' was just a pat label applied by those who didnt understand what he was doing and the genius of his plans.

Joe is just working beyond the level of some observers rugby comprehension. Its like the difference between the person who knows the moves in chess and so can play it, and the grandmaster who can see many moves in advance with many alternatives of strategies and traps within that.

Today's selection is just a little more understandable to the majority and so they are lauding it.

101.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mareegoo wrote: »
    disagree totally ingenious to buckley

buckley was outstanding in the win against toulouse in recent years

he is much better at turnovers than mcgrath

mcgrath has the edge at scrum time but i say watch games each has played and who gets around the park more ?? it is buckley.

joe is lucky he is injured because to have kilcoyne ahead of him would be an absolute travesty

you will see how good buckley is next year in the champions cup (again he proved his worth already at that level)

Last weekend for Ireland McGrath made the most tackles as well as the most rucks. I rate Buckley very highly and would have him on the bench but McGrath at the moment gets around the pitch more than any other Irish forward, let alone any other front row, despite being a scrummager of the highest calibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

For the record, if we lose I won't be complaining.

Won well last week and credit has to go to all concerned for that, and hopefully like England, we may win a historic series with a game to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Someone's hacked Rightwings account!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's not an overly impressive Springbok team to be honest. A back-line full of new combinations. The centre combo of Mapoe and De Allende didn't get moving at all last week. Pietersen and Le Roux are terribly inconsistent. The half-back partnership is certainly on form playing for the Lions this season, but they're very raw in the test arena.

I'm fairly confident of an Irish win, while at the same time being mindful of new combinations/selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

His selections in that period were in fact visionary, and so far on a superior plane of rugby thinking, that some mistook them for being conservative. 'Conservative' was just a pat label applied by those who didnt understand what he was doing and the genius of his plans.

Joe is just working beyond the level of some observers rugby comprehension. Its like the difference between the person who knows the moves in chess and so can play it, and the grandmaster who can see many moves in advance with many alternatives of strategies and traps within that.

Today's selection is just a little more understandable to the majority and so they are lauding it.

You may be right. I am no rugby genius. I just know what I like. So maybe what I like is not very smart. I don't say that it is. But it is what I like. Obviously Joe knows better. Its why when I applied for the job they grinned

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Closing this thread as the build-up is pretty much over. Match thread here. Come on Ireland!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement