Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A look at the menu from within the game.
    C3bZ9G1XUAMQC6Z.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think Sligeach, Nintendo obviously read this forum and heard your Amiibo pleas, with this option purpose designed to improve your joy-joy feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Nah, there's no "burn Amiibo in hell" option, which I'd be totally supportive of :P

Awesome sauce! Literally gave me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailers like that will sell hardware... great job, Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Great trailer

Weird to hear voices in Zelda game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I love the way they subtly show the game transfer to the TV set. Might go over the heads of lots that don't know enough about the Switch yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

yeah, that was my favourite bit too. Out of focus in the background. Couldn't be any cooler if the Switch was walking away from an explosion without looking back.
    NEW ZELDA! NEW ZELDA! NEW ZELDA! Oh by the way our new handheld is also a home console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Shopto have a nice preorder bonus. A pin and case. Seems that a lo of retailers have some bonus preorder stuff.
    Apparently Gamestop will have a poster.

Nearly all the retailers have pre order goodies except Amazon which is where I'm buying it from. I'd rather save €25-30 though than most of these bonuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Great trailer

This is the only thing I'm not entirely happy about.

Better at least have subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

It is, but in a good way. From the trailer alone, it feels so fresh and new, exactly what the franchise needed

Nintendo's Quest to Evolve The Legend of Zelda (Shigeru Miyamoto & Eiji Aonuma)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bnKkpdVjXY

MIYAMOTO, AONUMA ON ZELDA: BOTW - SECRET MECHANIC, GAME PACING, SUPPORTING CAST & MORE

- Aonuma knew it would be hard to predict where the player would start in this game, since you're free to roam
    - Aonuma implemented a secret idea to get around this, which he came up with over 20 years ago
    - Miyamoto says Skyward Sword may have been a little slow due to the character development and relationships built up
    - Breath of the Wild takes a different approach and lets you hop right into the game and discover story as you go
    - the dev team tried to redefine what Zelda is with Breath of the Wild
    - in this game, both Link and Zelda are tasked with saving the world
    - Zelda also has to make sure the kingdom is safe, since she's a Princess
    - characters seen in the trailer are companions that will help Link on his journey
    - the support you get is actually a bit mysterious
    - the world is filled with monsters, so Link can't be the only one trying to take them on
    - people will ask Link for help, and if he completes the task given to him, Link will get rewards like items
    - during development, there were scenes where tons of people were standing around or villagers were wandering at night
    - Nintendo reworked things so characters have their own lives
    - register the horses you ride at stables
    - stables also serve as crossroads where people come and go
    - meet new characters and exchange info at stables
    - some horses are stronger and tougher to tame, while others are easier
    - lots of attention was paid to finer details, even going down to the sound of a horse's hooves
    - Miyamoto feels they may have told too much of the story in the beginning of Skyward Sword, which held people back
    - the team wanted to let people experience riding a horse in Breath of the Wild early on

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273124-miyamoto-aonuma-on-zelda-botw-secret-mechanic-game-pacing-s

16487277_1300718353322625_6230412244473800230_o.jpg?oh=32492a1e3fc5dc9c1f2a35944848665d&oe=594B97D4

https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZelda/photos/a.171885779539227.41729.170177419710063/1300718353322625/?type=3&theater
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - NEW DETAILS ON THE SUPPORTING CAST

- Zelda is the princess of the destroyed Hyrule kingdom
    - Zelda goes to investigate ancient ruins scattered around the world
    - Zelda is a wise and curious girl, but also has a deep complexity
    - Zelda can be seen raising her right hand to shoot light at a Guardian
    - Zelda wears clothing that may let her take the most active role she’s had in the series so far
    - Mifa is a Zora girl who lives in Hyrule and has a special power that no other Zoras have
    - she’s somewhat introverted and doesn’t talk much
    - Darkel (or literally Darukeru) is a Goron warrior who lives in the mountains of Hyrule
    - he’s normally calm, but when entering battles, he changes into a very brave warrior that screams loudly
    - Reebal is a member of the bird-like Rito tribe which lives in the skies of Hyrule
    - he is spotted wearing the same blue scarf as Darkel and Mifa, and each of them also wield different weapons

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273141-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-new-details-on-the-supp

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - FAMITSU SCAN GIVES BIGGEST CLUES YET ON TIMELINE PLACEMENT

This discussion might be considered spoiler territory, so I've placed it after the jump.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273196-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-famitsu-scan-gives-bigg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-02-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-fans-in-flap-as-bird-race-appears-to-confirm-timeline-theory

Join The Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma on an adventure into the wild

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/February/Join-The-Legend-of-Zelda-producer-Eiji-Aonuma-on-an-adventure-into-the-wild-1183466.html

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Mr Aonuma goes on a wintry quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAW3rrPgZJE

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Mr Aonuma takes on a Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0gq5EjDXM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corholio wrote: »

£60 for Wii U version on Nintendo UK with a tshirt and the don't deliver to Ireland directly (parcel motel job)

£60 for Wii U version on Nintendo UK with a tshirt and the don't deliver to Ireland directly (parcel motel job)

We've been over this before. The best place to have bought this game was Amazon UK. It was £41 and there was a £10 voucher special deal going a while ago if you spent at least £50, that effectively made it £31. It's out of stock now though unfortunately for anyone else looking. None of the tat on the other sites can make up for that price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    It was £41 and there was a £10 voucher special deal going a while ago if you spent at least £50, that effectively made it £31.

What sort of warped logic is that? :pac:

The game cost £41, no more no less. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not anymore (since it's not available). The options posted here still shows what's out there and any good add-ons that folks may be interested in.
    That sheikah tee looks awesome. Think I'll be giving the Nintendo shop my money!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What sort of warped logic is that? :pac:

The game cost £41, no more no less. :)

How is it warped though? I bought Zelda and SteamWorld Collection on Wii U. It should have been £60 for the two games, instead it cost me £50. People here are going to pay £60 just for Zelda with a "free" T-shirt. I know who got the better deal. You can look at it many ways, I got £5 off each game or £10 off Zelda which is what I was mainly after.

Edit: For people still looking, the best deal now is probably here:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Wii U for £39.75.

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesgbut1ecq5a/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

In fairness it was 41 :D you then went with an Amazon promotion and spent more money than you intended that day.

At a stretch you could say you got it for 36 but in truth it was still 41

sligeach wrote: »
    How is it warped though? I bought Zelda and SteamWorld Collection on Wii U. It should have been £60 for the two games, instead it cost me £50. People here are going to pay £60 just for Zelda with a "free" T-shirt. I know who got the better deal. You can look at it many ways, I got £5 off each game or £10 off Zelda which is what I was mainly after.

It's warped logic because spending more money does not make the game cheaper. You're getting something extra because you are paying extra.
    Zelda cost £41, but by spending £50 and getting a voucher, that somehow makes Zelda £10 cheaper? It doesn't. Simple maths really and your bank balance will prove it. :)

I was going to buy The SteamWorld Collection anyway. Then the price of Zelda and the voucher made my mind up to follow through on my pre order with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

In my case the Switch version is currently £39.20 with the Amazon promotion and nothing extra had to be paid. Only issue will be the delay getting it.

Interview with Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma! The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qH7DvSBlwk
    NINTENDO ON ZELDA: BOTW'S GOALS, GETTING LOST, LINK AS A CHARACTER, CLIMBING, THE FRANCHISE'S NAME & MUCH MORE

- Link doesn't have much of a character in this game
    - they wanted players to relate to Link and play as themselves
    - Link's face doesn't have much expression in this game, and that was done on purpose
    - for Zelda games, the devs always try to make the player feel like Link
    - that was pushed even moreso for this entry
    - everytime a Zelda releases, Aonuma watches fan feedback and considers that for the future
    - the items Link uses to solve are always going to be important
    - regardless of the tech that Nintendo provides, exploration in the series is important
    - Link's growth through who he meets is also an important element of the franchise
    - Aonuma thought about Zelda freedom when considering Breath of the Wild, and was brought back to the days of the original Zelda
    - this was a big point of inspiration for Breath of the Wild
    - with Ocarina of Time 3D, Nintendo wanted to really utilize the 3D and had a desire to let players enjoy Ocarina of Time outside
    - the goal with A Link to the Past was creating more depth
    - Aonuma used to think that getting lost in a 3D world wasn't okay
    - this lead Aonuma to putting in tons of hints and guiding players
    - he has since changed that idea and convinced himself that it's okay to get lost
    - the first two years of development the devs created a game where just running around was fun
    - climbing is very important, because players can climb high and see destinations they want to visit
    - you can place your own markers to decide where you want to go
    - when the devs create a Zelda title, they consider not using the name Link
    - since they don't have anything else to go with, they choose Link
    - the name Link doesn't hold much value, since the player is the one creating the journey
    - when Nintendo first created Link, they wanted a character that is literally the link between people
    - that is why his name is Link
    - to think that the Zelda series has been around so long that there are all sorts of urban legends and myths makes Miyamoto really happy

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273336-nintendo-on-zelda-botw-s-goals-getting-lost-link-as-a-characte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

There will be no surprises left by the time it comes out!

Pac1Man wrote: »

Oh I doubt that! Few spoiler-esque trailers going around but this game will have sooooooooooo many hidden gems for sure. The replay value on this could be akin to GTAV

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

Haven't read a single one of those posts for fear of spoilers.

Advertisement