Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Haven't read a single one of those posts for fear of spoilers.

I agree, and have purposely avoided even looking at all the latest videos and trailers from the past few months. :) But fyi, that last body of text doesn't contain a single spoiler really, it's mostly talking about the franchise as a whole, including past entries and why Link is called Link (I think most Zelda fans know the reason). But hang on, Link barely has any facial expressions in BotW?? That does it, there's no longer any point playing this game now, I'm cancelling my pre-order... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not avoiding them, but when they are posted I don't click, a little bit of me wants to preserve some surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When will it be revealed that Link and Zelda are distantly related due to previous incarnations of themselves getting together. I mean they're both Hylian and as there seems to be very few Hylians in Hyrule at any time, options are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When will it be revealed that Link and Zelda are distantly related due to previous incarnations of themselves getting together. I mean they're both Hylian and as there seems to be very few Hylians in Hyrule at any time, options are limited.

What if they're the same person? Zelda is a personification of Link's troubled mind that requires him to constantly overcome great challenges and demons in order to save?

Too deep for this forum? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »

So Zelda and Link are cousins, and star crossed lovers.
    So that means Hyrule is either a region in Alabama...Or Wicklow.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Just freed up a Limited Edition set in Amazon UK, if someone wants to jump on it quick sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Haven't read a single one of those posts for fear of spoilers.

They're not really spoilers. There was one, but I placed it in a link. I'm avoiding spoilers as much as anyone. When people get review copies, that's when you need to be careful of what you look at.

Any idea when that will be or when the review embargo date is?

Actually since they need to review both Wii U and Switch versions, I assume the full Switch embargo would be around the same time. We're less than 4 weeks away

NINTENDO MAKES DYING ZELDA FAN'S WISH COME TRUE
    1486396049949-fS6VpEx.jpeg

Gabe Marcelo did not have an easy life. He was dealing with a heart condition from birth, and it was only getting worse. The 26-year-old was facing the very real possibility that he wasn't going to be part of this world anymore. While he recognized and owned that, there was one thing that kept pushing him forward.

Gabe was a massive Legend of Zelda fan. The series meant so much to him, which is why he could barely contain his excitement over The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. While he was filled with glee over the trailers that had been shown, Gabe also realized that he might not make it to the game's launch date. Rather than sit back and accept fate, Gabe set out to go hands-on with Breath of the Wild before his health issues caught up with him.

While Gabe did his best to hang on until Breath of the Wild's launch date, he sadly passed away in January. We send our condolences to all those impacted by the loss of Gabe. While Gabe may be gone, his spirit can live on through all those excited about Breath of the Wild.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273450-nintendo-makes-dying-zelda-fan-s-wish-come-true

This life is great for the vast majority but for a lot of people it deals a crap hand. We need to do more for vulnerable people in this country. You only need see RTE Investigates this evening and Claire Byrne Live that followed. It breaks your/my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm not crying from that sad story... I was chopping onions alright.
    "Gabe will be my Navi, helping to guide me through the game the whole time. I really love that thought."

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/273450-nintendo-makes-dying-zelda-fan-s-wish-come-true

This life is great for the vast majority but for a lot of people it deals a crap hand. We need to do more for vulnerable people in this country. You only need see RTE Investigates this evening and Claire Byrne Live that followed. It breaks your/my heart.

Yeah
    I've seen a lot of sad stories through working with vulnerable adults, bur also inspiring stories of people making the most of what life has thrown their way.
    But waiting lists are a curse, and hurt the worst off. Life saving procedures are becoming increasingly "pay to play".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Considering it's 3 weeks to launch I'm surprised it's taken so long. Even The Last Guardian went gold 6 weeks before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'd say the delay was to avoid large day one patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Game Informer article revealed a few little tidbits (will add spoiler tags)
    There are dungeons and one dungeon boss is called 'Wind Blight Ganon'

The cover of the Game informer issue:

igT3FY2.jpg

Is Epona In Zelda: Breath Of The Wild? - GS News Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVsZizyE4Y
    ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - TIMELINE PLACEMENT INFO, ZELDA'S RANGE OF EMOTIONS, UNIQUE MECHANIC TEASED AGAIN

Coming from a Game Informer interview with Eiji Aonuma...
    - Aonuma confirms Breath of the Wild takes place after Ocarina of Time

“Because we wanted to redefine the whole process, I didn’t want to be chained up by the idea that we had to think about the past titles. But then again, I know there are a lot of fans who are interested, and who are knowledgeable in the Zelda franchise and the history. So by adding little elements here and there, we wanted to give the fans the opportunity to say, ‘Oh, I saw this. Maybe this is how it expands the story,’ or give little hints here and there.

I don’t want to get too deep into it, but I do want you to know that Zelda does have a lot of emotions and expressions, and for the trailer we chose one that was very extreme. Once you start playing Breath of the Wild, I want you to explore and see these different sides of Zelda, different emotions that she evokes.

Especially if they are heading toward the goal a little too quickly, then maybe they may miss these things – like Zelda getting mad at you. But if you walk around in the world and if you encounter different environments and elements, then these are things you will probably experience."

Finally, Aonuma once again hinted at Breath of the Wild featuring a mechanic that he's been looking to utilize for over 20 years now.

"In order to create more of a cohesive storyline, we added this element in there that will make it a bit more streamlined for every player. This is something I can’t reveal right now, but when you play you will find out. This idea that I am talking about is actually something I came up with when I first started developing the games. I have been harvesting this idea for 20-plus years.”

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273517-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-timeline-placement-info-zelda-s-rang

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-breath-of-the-wild-is-after-ocarina-of-time-zeldas-emotions-using-idea-from-over-20-years-ago/

Game Informers 51 Questions about Breath of the Wild with Aonuma and Miyamoto. Really fun video.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/08/51-questions-and-answers-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

It also includes this gem :pac: That isn't photoshopped by anyone either by the way, it really said that.

orJnCRb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Watched that a little earlier, really is a genuinely fun video. Loved that Aonuma pocketed the little piece of paper!

• Advertisement

It's a clue to the next Nintendo IP:

Three Guys, Three Cups.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's a clue to the next Nintendo IP:

Three Guys, Three Cups.

Is that the sequel to 2 Girls 1 Cup? That was $h1t! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is that the sequel to 2 Girls 1 Cup? That was $h1t! :pac:

Lol jesus - for any lucky soul out there that doesn't get that reference, do yourself a favour and don't Google it. :)

Lol jesus - for any lucky soul out there that doesn't get that reference, do yourself a favour and don't Google it...

...at work

Game Informer had some small new details today along with some screenshots.

One little new gameplay mechanic revealed, which I'll spoiler. Also a new pic is below that if no one wants to be spoiled.
    During a thunderstorm you're advised to unequip any metal items for fear of being struck.

switch_5F00_zeldabotw_5F00_gi_5F00_jan2017_5F00_scrn_5F00_13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If, as speculated, it is set
    in the world in Windwaker
    , then I'm doubly sold on this whole shebang.

Finally found the Wii U box art for this game on Game. It was sneaked out, everything about this version has been pushed into the shadows in comparison to the Switch version.
    C4dNM8JWIAIE1Lv.jpg:small

I prefer the American and Japanese cover.

Game Informer's Exclusive Impressions Of The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3gSrCMnsc

"In this excerpt from The Game Informer Show podcast, Ben Hanson, Kyle Hilliard, and Ben Reeves talk about Game Informer's March cover story on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch. They've played more of it than anybody outside of Nintendo and discuss the impressive physics-driven world, the music, one of the game's dungeons, and much more."

• Advertisement

Finally found the Wii U box art for this game on Game...

Ah no, we got the mirror selfie. I was hoping the version with the black background was official.

Advertisement