Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Does the DLC include Donkey armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So.... Whats everybody planning to do?

You gonna get it for your WiiU or splash out on the switch?

I'm undecided :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nix wrote: »
    So.... Whats everybody planning to do?

You gonna get it for your WiiU or splash out on the switch?

I'm undecided :confused:

I'm getting it for the Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Buying it for Switch, owned a Wii U but sold it shortly after so this is one customer Nintendo is reclaiming!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Switch for me.
    The thought of being able to take a large scale Zelda game anywhere with me is too much to resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I keep thinking of that but then the thought of playing it on the small screen makes me think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I keep thinking of that but then the thought of playing it on the small screen makes me think otherwise.

I understand totally. I'd agree the big screen home experience is probably going to be the ultimate way to play it.
    I travel a bit though, so being able to bring a game of that quality along with me also sounds like a pretty good option. And I guess with the Switch that's what we're talking about isn't it? Options. I guess it's a case of ymmv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm not getting a Switch at launch so I'll be playing this on the Wii U.
    Actually, I got the Wind Waker Wii U, so I'm hoping the DLC will tie in with Wind Waker and add a new island off the coast of Hyrule. :p:p

Of Course, then there's scope for more DLC until eventually you have a full Wind Waker style game, except each island is the size of the original island. That'd keep you going for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have both versions preordered as I was on the fence about the Switch initially. Went to cancel my WiiU preorder and found you can't order it any more. This could be my kids college fund. No one in mah fambly ever done gone to bovine-University

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hoping to get the Wii-U version in Argos. They're my go to bricks and mortar these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wii U version will be Twilight Princess for gamecube all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm trying to get into the eShop on my 3ds and it's down for maintenance. I wonder if we'll get some eShop news tonight or tomorrow?

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm trying to get into the eShop on my 3ds and it's down for maintenance. I wonder if we'll get some eShop news tonight or tomorrow?
    C5JS6zFW8AAacbM.jpg

Probably not. It's scheduled maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

5pm Pacific is midnight gmt so should be back up in 30-40 minutes.

You know what else was scheduled? The release of the first VC game on Wii. And the trains that carried the jews to the camps. So this could go either way. Fingers crossed for VC but that thing in Sweden last night has me worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There was another trailer released in Japan. It's mostly already seen footage, but there are a few new things, including 1 occurrence what some may see as a spoiler, so don't watch if you want to be new Zelda free until launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Possibly a prep to include the User ID in the eshop software.

As for BotW, the Switch all the way, but the WiiU version of sure to be of interest, seeing as it's the primary platform.
    That said, one of the reasons that TP on the 'Cube had become expensive was that the Wii version sold so many copies on an enormously popular console while the GC one did not.
    This time it is the WiiU with millions of users still out there and the Switch that has to try and make an impact.
    That said, I have to wonder about the size of the print run for the WiiU version, while the Switch edition will be sold throughout the lifetime of the device, all Nintendo 1st party titles seem to have long shelf lives, explaining their relative expense.

I try not to think about how this game has been handled on Wii U and how we the loyal few console owners have been treated. We've had to wait an eternity for its release because of the Switch. There's no Special Edition of any kind. Real nice way to send off the Wii U with their final game. Really limited stock which is bound to drive its price up. No promotion whatsoever. Not a single bit of footage from the final build has been shown. Even its official boxart just kind of appeared a little over a week ago. All gamepad functionality killed off due to the Switch. The Sheikah Slate really is a relic now. I hope the end game hasn't suffered as a result of them being more interested in the Switch version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Surely they will have basic inventory and item management and maps on the game pad, a la Wind Waker and Twilight princess HD? Surely?!?

What???? And have disparity between the Switch and Wii U experiences that might give the Wii U version any sort of an edge???
    HE'S A WITCH! BURN HIM!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the problem is that, since E3 last year, there has been little or no exposure to the WiiU version of BotW, so such questions as what way has the Gamepad been implemented are unanswered.

And...

Don't call me Shirley....

That's absolutely abysmal if true.

Those features were fantastic and made life so much easier.

The Switch doesn't have to miss out much as it would still gain from the touch screen ability when undocked.

Although yeah it really would make the Wii U version better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

From what the Ninty folks were saying, yeah, sounds like they've nixed the gamepad functionality to create more parity between versions. Which is absolutely stupid. Means there's no HD Rumble in BotW either.

I really hope that's not true. So what does the gamepad display when playing it on the tv? I'll be shocked if it's not at least got the map/item management.

Although maybe it will just play a Switch ad on repeat, complete with annoying "click" sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Inviere

I really hope that's not true. So what does the gamepad display when playing it on the tv? I'll be shocked if it's not at least got the map/item management.

Well according to Nintendo that'd only distract you...so maybe they'll go for a nice black-screen motif for parity sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This no Gamepad in BOTW Wii U was talked about all the way back last summer. It's not ideal of course but they also didn't integrate HD rumble on the Switch so both versions were pretty much the same. Can understand the frustrations of not having the map though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a somewhat ridiculous change on their part, the only reason for it I'd say is they didn't want the Wii U version to have better features than the Switch version. They had the map functionality already in there, and showed the ability to set waypoints/beacons on the map, which would have been pretty useful. If that's still there, but has to be accessed by moving around the map by control sticks, then it'll be so much more annoying.

I'll be mostly playing the switch version, but I intend to get the Wii U version too, just to have it. Want to collect each of the Zelda games really!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

New zelda screenshots! (Mind possible spoilers) All screenshots from the switch version.

4X5zAas.png
    CZdOkhp.png
    n3pN2jE.png
    vRUgYYf.png
    iKBVwK9.png
    kLb1FYH.png
    R9jdrCO.png
    ouEcgBj.png
    J3E0Fyk.png
    tuUwV8x.png
    GNuaOC9.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-screenshots-2/

I'll still wait and see but I think those features will still make it to the Wii U version to some degree.

It makes absolutely no sense to shaft existing Wii U owners. If they do, it just puts yet another nail in the lid on my desire to stick with them and get a Switch down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but is the Wii U version of BOTW likely to be downloadable via the e-shop on March 3?

Advertisement