Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ah no, we got the mirror selfie. I was hoping the version with the black background was official.

He's checking if his ass looks big in that outfit. :pac:

Duff cover alright but meh, they mostly all look the same sitting on a shelf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Duff cover alright but meh, they mostly all look the same sitting on a shelf. :)

Ya I'm sure the spine of the box looks gorgeous. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Follow the link below for 6 videos of over 100 minutes of footage from the game.

New Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild gameplay on Nintendo Switch
    100 minutes of gameplay on the Switch from Nico Nico Tokaichi livestream

https://www.videogamer.com/news/new-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gameplay-on-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't know about including wolf link in these pics. If he's just an amiibo bonus, it shouldn't be in promo material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

e4fKfXU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I for one won't be buying it until I see what "new original story" actually is

If it's a Majora's mask style update then fair enough, anything else and it's actually bending me over the table Nintendo...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, if they're starting to be more in line with the competition in terms of announcing DLC before the game is released, can we dare hope that they'll also be more in line with the competition in terms of online services, achievements and free - not rented! - games for subscribers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

100 shrines wonder how many are water related, I need to know now so I can book extra therapy sessions, the Wii U version is gonna be in short supply I would have to think, anyone remember trying to get the gamecube Twilight Princess, it was difficult to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Well, if they're starting to be more in line with the competition in terms of announcing DLC before the game is released, can we dare hope that they'll also be more in line with the competition in terms of online services, achievements and free - not rented! - games for subscribers?

We can but hope, and even if they don't start out right, they can evolve it. We just have to let them know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I loved xenoblade chronicles x and was desperate for addtional content after completeing every mission in the game (apart from those generic fetch ones that are infinite) BOTW is looking like another xenoblade x addiction. The DLC bonus and DLC 1 seems a bit of joke that features which used to free are behind a paywall and DLC 2, well it depends on how big the story is, i hope the bulk of the 20 dollars (€19) is being used on the additional story, dungeon content and whatever the additional challenges are. ( guessing its extra bosses in the overworld) hopefully worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm glad the story and dungeon bit of the dlc isn't out until December. It gives me confidence that it'll be new and substantial and not just something removed from the game in the first place to sell as an extra, like we know happens with some other devs **cough Eidos cough**.

The rest of it seems a bit sparse though so I'll be holding onto my wallet until we have more details about the December additions. I've no interest in the first two releases at all.

Here's a question. If I buy this DLC on Wii U, do I have to buy it again for the Switch? I'm not a fan of DLC but sometimes it can be done well(MK8) and competitively priced. I'll take a wait and see approach but locking the hard mode behind an artificial paywall is a joke and the first pack sounds like pants. It's a line of code and used to be free in previous games. It's the second pack that has the real content.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbZslUchyA

Have you got me on ignore, sligeach? See 10 posts above yours. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Looks gorgeous in the video clips, was saying to a friend its amazing neither of us have ever played a Zelda game. Always feel Im missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The only DLC/Expansion packs I've ever purchased have been for Destiny and I feel like I've gotten tons of hours for my purchases to be justified.

With Zelda, hiding a hard mode behind a paywall is pretty pathetic and people have a right to complain about that.

The new story mode does interest me but mainly because it's such an unknown quantity. Is it going to be a standalone experience or will it tie into the story of BOTW?

If they let players play as Zelda herself in her own story I'll be all over it.

The first pack is pants and contains stuff that really should be in the game and were in previous titles. The second pack, we'll see. The Wii U version of the game costs less than €50(less again with the Amazon £10 promo). The €20 for the DLC is really for the second pack, there's a reason why you can't buy them separately. Is the DLC going to have 40% new content, let's say even 20%? I doubt it. Actually, not a hope.

• Advertisement

The 1st pack promises new map features. The 2nd promises a new plot and 1 new dungeon. Suggests that they're either using the existing map features for new plot points or... something else...
    It doesn't say the map *won't* get any bigger, there *won't* be any new locations, there *won't* be a new island off the coast of Hyrule that contains that new Dungeon and an awesome talking red boat that you can take there or just sail around the place whimsically...

Lets pray to the 3 drag queens that there's an expansion coming worthy of Nintendo's short but distinguished career in DLC.

16649140_1316188815108912_2776398632009451434_n.jpg?oh=d3473477bb79c01608673f1190f54d9b&oe=593D1F68

"Donkeys carrying a variety of merchandise accompany traveling merchants in Hyrule. Link will often find them at stables or on the road."

https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZelda/photos/a.171885779539227.41729.170177419710063/1316188815108912/?type=3&theater

Was just thinking I never played the Cave of Shadows ion Twilight Princess, so was wondering was any info released on Wolf Link for those who haven't done so?
    Like do you start with 3 hearts in BotW and can he power up or increase health?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking I never played the Cave of Shadows ion Twilight Princess, so was wondering was any info released on Wolf Link for those who haven't done so?
    Like do you start with 3 hearts in BotW and can he power up or increase health?

If you haven't finished the cave of shadows the wolf link will only have three hearts. As far as I know the only way to get more hearts is by finishing the cave of shadows with more hearts.

How far into TP:HD do you need to go to play this Cave? I don't want to Zelda myself out before the big day but I don't want a wimpy wolf either!

Banjo wrote: »
    How far into TP:HD do you need to go to play this Cave? I don't want to Zelda myself out before the big day but I don't want a wimpy wolf either!

I think you need to be at the stage where you can change forms at will. And obviously, the more hearts you have going in, the better chance you have of having plenty coming out!

I saw suggestions such as using a Zelda/Sheik Amiibo on the last fight to get your hearts to maximum then complete it.

I never thought of that...

I'm dreading being online on any video game site before I finish the game.
    Can see the headlines now:
    "See Link in his iconic green tunic!"

I've been avoiding trailers and footage lately, with the Switch presentation being the last I saw and the first in a long time.
    So as far as I'm concerned, this is the first game in a a long time that doesn't have an obvious gimmick. No Ocarina, masks, baton, wolf transformation or even changing clothes.

Though one thing about it coming to Switch is it makes the Sheikah Slate seem strange. With the Wii U gamepad, it made sense

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm dreading being online on any video game site before I finish the game.
    Can see the headlines now:
    "See Link in his iconic green tunic!"

I've been avoiding trailers and footage lately, with the Switch presentation being the last I saw and the first in a long time.
    So as far as I'm concerned, this is the first game in a a long time that doesn't have an obvious gimmick. No Ocarina, masks, baton, wolf transformation or even changing clothes.

Though one thing about it coming to Switch is it makes the Sheikah Slate seem strange. With the Wii U gamepad, it made sense

We've already been told about the green tunic. The gamepad was probably meant to mimic the Sheikah Slate and act as a multipurpose penknife but that was all killed off thanks to the Switch.

Advertisement