Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

EDit wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but is the Wii U version of BOTW likely to be downloadable via the e-shop on March 3?

Yes it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'll still wait and see but I think those features will still make it to the Wii U version to some degree.

It makes absolutely no sense to shaft existing Wii U owners. If they do, it just puts yet another nail in the lid on my desire to stick with them and get a Switch down the line.

Surely people remember this interview with Aonuma?

The new Zelda won’t use the GamePad screen because it’s distracting

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/the-new-zelda-wont-use-the-gamepad-screen-because-its-distracting/

I was thinking at the time of Star Fox Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Shame if map aint at least on Wii U ersion.

Planning to get but versions for collector purposes, Been pretty sweet having the Wii U for the Collection of all Zelda Games.
    Wind Waker HD TP HD and TBOW along with Skyward Sword Wii Disk Supported and all rest of Virtual Console and/or 3DS remasters of N64/SNES titles.

Wii U will go down as one of my favourites, be nice to see full list titles on Switch in a few years too to Top Wii U ease of accessibility.

Now finding Wii U Version TBOW is annoying it was on amazon UK for 40stg but been outofstock for weeks, might just get Nintendo UK with free tt but its 60stg yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

sligeach wrote: »
    Surely people remember this interview with Aonuma?

The new Zelda won’t use the GamePad screen because it’s distracting

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/the-new-zelda-wont-use-the-gamepad-screen-because-its-distracting/

I was thinking at the time of Star Fox Zero.

It rings a bell, a bell deeply buried one. Buried like the Wii U is being like Nintendo. What ridiculous comments.

RUMOR - LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD'S WII U VERSION MAY HAVE BEEN LEAKED ONLINE

I absolutely hate sharing this kind of news, but it's news nonetheless. Early rumblings have surfaced on a potential leak for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U. Somehow, it seems the game may have been let loose on the darker corners of the internet. This is backed up by evidence of sound files and select images leaking.

We do not condone this leak, nor will we share any footage/screens/audio from the leaked version. Hopefully Nintendo can get out there and squash this right away.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/274473-rumor-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-s-wii-u-version-may-h

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346237

• Advertisement

Breath Of The Wild fan-made interactive map.

http://hyrule.nelde.ch/

It will be updated when the game comes out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5vet8t/someone_created_a_interactive_map_of_hyrule_for/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was able to place a deposit on Wii U version in Smyths yesterday no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I haven't cancelled my amazon order of the Wii U version anyway. Decided to go ahead even if I get the Switch

I wonder could I buy Zelda in Smyths(Argos or wherever) on Friday, play it, then when my Amazon order arrives the following week, bring that sealed copy into Smyths and get a refund? I don't want to wait to play this game. Has anyone ever done something like this before?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Limited Edition - Mr Aonuma unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirsoK5Jwj4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

sligeach wrote: »
    I wonder could I buy Zelda in Smyths(Argos or wherever) on Friday, play it, then when my Amazon order arrives the following week, bring that sealed copy into Smyths and get a refund? I don't want to wait to play this game. Has anyone ever done something like this before?

I'm in the same boat, best thing to do is ask about return policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Was able to place a deposit on Wii U version in Smyths yesterday no problem.

At €65 notes I'm sure there's loads left

They can keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

At €65 notes I'm sure there's loads left

They can keep it

Wow I have never seen a €65 note,I am sure Smyths haven't neither, and if you did bring one in they'd be quick enough to tell you that you can keep it. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not sure if anyone ordered the Master Edition off of Amazon.com, but they have canceled a large swathe of pre orders due to lack of supply, only a rumor at the moment but a consignment was stolen.

Wii U version back up on amazon
    here.

£47.99. Was £41 before

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Does anyone know if there's any way of tracking Amazons price for items over the last few months. I've Zelda pre-ordered but the price seems to be going up (on my order page, it used to stay static)? I thought amazing guaranteed you the lowest price for pre-order?

Also the £10 BIGTHANKS discount had magically disappeared so I'll have to get onto them about that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

£45 on gameseek Can't see what they charge for delivery though?

Pricespy have a link to this crowd gamereload for £46 delivered never heard of them though and googling shows up little reckon it's a scam site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

Does anyone know if there's any way of tracking Amazons price for items over the last few months. I've Zelda pre-ordered but the price seems to be going up (on my order page, it used to stay static)? I thought amazing guaranteed you the lowest price for pre-order?

Also the £10 BIGTHANKS discount had magically disappeared so I'll have to get onto them about that too!

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild-Nintendo/product/B00KL32AJA

Mine is still showing as £41 in my order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭deadduck

CastorTroy wrote: »

Same for me...

on Switch or Wii U?

Mine is showing as £49.20

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal: £40.00
    Postage & Packing: £3.62
    Total Before VAT: £43.62
    VAT: £10.03
    Total: £53.65
    Promotion Applied: -£4.45
    Grand Total: £49.20

The Wii U version is £41 if you pre ordered it when it was available a few months ago. The price guarantee means it can't increase in price but can decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My Wii U version still says £41:
    Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal: £33.33
    Postage & Packing: £3.62
    Total Before VAT: £36.95
    VAT: £8.50
    Total: £45.45
    Promotion Applied: -£4.45
    Grand Total: £41.00

Mine is Switch so maybe thats why! I thought I remembered it being cheaper before though, seems to be only going up!

I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks!

Yeah was the Wii U version I'm on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭jos22

mine updated to 35 few months ago.
    had ye the game pre-ordered before the Sep 19, 2016 price drop

Xenji wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone ordered the Master Edition off of Amazon.com, but they have canceled a large swathe of pre orders due to lack of supply, only a rumor at the moment but a consignment was stolen.

Well that sucks, i think folks that got in morning of pre order should be okay. Some scumbags out there...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Special Edition)
    Im still at: Arriving Fri, 3 Mar Not yet dispatched! 89.99

• Advertisement

Wii U version back up on amazon

£47.99. Was £41 before

Finally its back to order, got it 54e with my discount, thanks a mil mate.

Cant understand out digital is 12stg dearer, why would anyone go digital i cant understand, esp as theres no moving it between devices, nor selling it on, no displaying or collecting or heck even extra cost of SD cards..

Advertisement