Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Internationals Wk 1: How I Learned to Stop Working and Love the Bomb...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

For **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Wow, wouldn't have seen this coming after the first 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jesus. England have really done well in the last 10-15.

• Administrators Posts: 53,561 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

:pac:

My goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Jaysis, how are England in front..!

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    Its Australian incompetence which has got England back into this

Some serious ill discipline has really hurt them. What's the penalty count at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Fair play to England for getting back into this has to be said
    Sloppy pass from Falou

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Felau has cost Australia 10 points with his poor play

Itolje for Lions Captain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Mike Brown having a mare.

I'm gutted.

:D

• Advertisement

Delighted! Mike Brown is a special brand of gob****e

leakyboots wrote: »
    Delighted! Mike Brown is a special brand of gob****e

Abuse of players is not allowed. Reign it in a bit please.

Jaysus Cole going in at 45Degree angle there and winning a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Southern Hemisphere being shown up here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Australia are losing this more than England going out and winning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Poite is so inconsistent, he gave a penalty against cole and then in the next scrum he does the exact same thing but he wins the penalty??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Poite is seriously onesided here IMO. Australia haven't helped their own cause with some moronic penalties, but every call appears to be going England's way.

Still all to play for, but with better discipline Australia would be out of sight. As it stands they are 2 scores down!

Still fancy Australia will win this.

awec wrote: »
    Still fancy Australia will win this.

So do I

Interestingly at half time the bookies had Wales at 3/1 but England are odds on to win this one. They obviously have no idea but I wonder what they think makes such a big difference

Jones starting Farrell proving to be the right call. Australia missed 7 points from the tee, England are 100% from the tee.

I think England have this. They've reacted well to a poor start.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Jones starting Farrell proving to be the right call. Australia missed 7 points from the tee, England are 100% from the tee.

I didn't follow the build up. Was there actually a discussion that he might start Ford ahead of Farrell?

Abuse of players is not allowed. Reign it in a bit please.

Then pull up the fella who called him 'a little bollix' a few posts up from me too so

(fwiw I don't think that rule should apply to Brown, Hartley and Delon Armitage :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

So do I

Interestingly at half time the bookies had Wales at 3/1 but England are odds on to win this one. They obviously have no idea but I wonder what they think makes such a big difference

England are a little better than Wales.. New Zealand are a lot a lot better than Aus ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

So do I

The big difference is NZ. They're better than Australia and England are better than Wales. England are 6 clear not 3 also.

Buer wrote: »
    I didn't follow the build up. Was there actually a discussion that he might start Ford ahead of Farrell?

It was mentioned a few times as it's Farrells first start at 10 under Jones and after the Wales game Jones had come to Fords defence after the media question his ability from the boot.

molloyjh wrote: »

I think England have this. They've reacted well to a poor start.

Australia have gifted them rather than anything England have done. Stupid penalties and a gift of a try.

Australia sort out their discipline and they'll win this.

Australia have gifted them rather than anything England have done. Stupid penalties and a gift of a try.

Australia sort out their discipline and they'll win this.

I dunno. I think England reacted really well to what was happening at the breakdown and they have someone who is a real high percentage guy off the tee compared to Australia who don't. It's an easy thing to say "sort out their discipline" but it's not always that easy to do. I just think England are playing smarter and have a greater potential to convert chance to points, even if that is penalties rather than tries.

Jesus, how long did Poite want the player to hang onto the ball before giving the penalty?

Lets wait until he gets smashed by 3 players and then award it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Australia causing their own downfall

• Advertisement

Little rat on the bench there... Fair play to Brown

Advertisement